tuscl

LGBTQ+ Terms For Straight People

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Friday, June 8, 2018 6:42 AM
Check out this article from USA TODAY: Listen up, straight people: Here's your guide to LGBTQ+ gender terms [view link] Just incase one of you guys pick up a tranny after striking out at a strip club, you now know what to call it without offending it. Shits gone too far, and I’m usually pretty open minded.

23 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Simply put - and easy to understand - sort of? I usually ask what the tranny wants to be called. If the tranny says Sir - I guess it’s a pitcher - and move on... Maybe I’m too closed minded?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"I usually ask what the tranny wants to be called. If the tranny says Sir - I guess it’s a pitcher - and move on..." Is this conversation before or after you've blown him?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"Shits gone too far, and I’m usually pretty open minded" There are issues where I have traditionally been very liberal, where my positions haven't changed at all, and now my exact same view outrages progressives. This is, to an extent, one of those topics. But have to admit that I follow the general guideline of "just use whatever pronoun someone wants", the same way there's a guy at work who used to be Dave and now we all have to call him David for some reason. Whatevs. Even if this bothered me (which it doesn't), I live by don't sweat the small stuff.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    It lays out five different terms; two of which are already in common usage. I don't see this as a wacky level of complexity.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I run away quickly when I encounter a tranny with an unusually deep voice! I don’t like my gurls to sound like Herman Munster with tits.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    As Nina pointed out, I could use a quick reference guide on this stuff. I find most of it way out there. I incorrectly called Michael Obama a transvestite, but it must fall into one of these other classifications. Maybe I'll read up on this one day but don't see a current need.
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    No disrespect shailynn, but I don't get why this is "too far" It seems to me that it's kind of irrelevant unless you actually know somebody who is trans etc. if you actually know somebody you probably know what they want to be called and you should just refer to them that way. Otherwise I don't see how it impacts your life. Do any TUSCL poster actually know any trans folks? I know lapdanceking82 does due to the brilliant handjob story. I actually have two college friends who transitions. One gave me the wiggins because we hung out a lot and used to go to bars to pick up women (she actually stayed married to her wife after transitioning so the liking females part didn't change). But that's her business so the fact that it was weird. I just found out about another when I got together with old friends. I always thought she was gay when I knew her as a guy but who knows? I didn't know her that well and still don't. The pronoun/gender terminology kerfuffle always struck me as cranky old guys wanting an excuse to be outraged. If you know somebody who wants to be called whatever call them that and if you don't know anybody like that you should maybe find something that actually affects your life to be outraged about. ;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Is there a term for an ass licking aficionado?
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    +1 Flagooner Quit being such a pussy 4got.
  • Lofn
    6 years ago
    +1 4got Quit being such a cranky, outraged old, shailynn.
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Rimosexual My gender identity also requires dachshund ownership. It is how I identify other rimosexuals - when I see a sexy doxie owning babe I know what she likes! Join us flagooner and shailynn. Maybe you can even devise a pronoun for rimosexuals!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Damn shailynn why so grouchy ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    And it's RLGBTQ+ Get woke shailynn! Respecting rimosexuals = brilliant! ;)
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Let’s get something straight I’m not outraged at all. I just think it’s funny how a lot of people now want to be classified (yes I said classified) in some sort of ultraspecific gender set, then 3 weeks later they want to change to something else because it’s a hot topic. In my travels Ive run into several people who are doing this. What ever happened to, straight, gay and bisexual. Doesn’t that pretty much sum it up? Now it’s like “I want to be a woman but I still like women.” So does that make you a transvestite or a lesbian? “I don’t recognize genders anymore I just recognize love.” Um yeah, okay. 4got that’s an excellent idea. No discrimination of the assholes. Specifically assholes, not people labeled as assholes. As for them, they are still assholes.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    And get the fuck off my yard.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I know people who are gay and/or trans. For the most part they're mellow about these terms. There's a small subset that are more militant and combative. Sadly, they are louder than the cooler heads out there. I feel like a lot of the "controversy" is manufactured by the media and outrage addicts for the sake of web traffic and attention.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Ishmael I agree 100% thank you for reminding. The media constantly reminds us to be so PC all the time... from a Target bathroom to a kindergarten boy wanting to wear pink nail polish. I have several gay friends/ acquaintances and they could give two fucks what they’re labeled under.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Ishmael’s last post summed it up very well.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Hot damn where have you been?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "It lays out five different terms; two of which are already in common usage. I don't see this as a wacky level of complexity." Neither do I. I actually knew what all those terms meant. Lol. ------- Shailynn, you are not open minded; if you were, you would not have started this very unnecessary topic and added a "shits gone too far." Later you go on to suggest that gay, straight, and bisexual sums up the issue of sex/gender identity, which it does not. Then you go on to talk about transvestites, which are different from transgender and transexual. Transvestites are cross-dressers. Kinda seems like if you wanted to post this article and make comments, you should have read it in its entirety because, in a way, it was written for people like you who have no clue. Sexuality is a very complex issue that, for more people than you'd think, boils down to much more than just straight/gay/bi. I am straight, therefore not a member of a widely discriminated group, so I would rather listen to members of that community and be understanding rather than tell them they've "gone too far." You don't know what it's like if you haven't been in their shoes, so sometimes the best thing to do is just listen without judging or scrutinizing.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    ^very few people are 100% open-minded about everything.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Q. What do you call a 300 pound stripper who likes sex with women as well as men? A. A bisexual built for two.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @chess I find most folks are open minded on both ends ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion