jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

21 comments

• 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Not brilliant!
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Women bitching. Big news. Everyone is a victim. Everyone is offended. America has become a nation of pathetic, loser victims. Yes, I know these assholes are the Democratic party's base. That's why we have a d bag as president; Democrats are even worse and more harmful.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Legally, it absolutely is discrimination. Now, whether it should, in fact, be illegal is another thing entirely.

I’m inclined to believe it should be illegal, at least for corporations whose owners are receiving massive protection of their personal assets. In return for that, they, IMO, are giving up certain rights when acting as and for the corporation.

If a strip club, or any other business, is directly owned by a private citizen, it should be no different from one’s Home, i.e. they can allow or disallow entry and service to anyone for any reason, or no reason at all.

Unfortunately, the U.S. has this idiotic “private property with public intent” bullshit, which basically says that if one serves any part of the public, then one must serve the *entire* public, regardless of ownership.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Strip clubs are designed primarily for horny perverts. Having single women there is a bit odd. I think it might make some male customers uncomfortable.
    6 years ago
    I’m uncomfortable when I go places that have noisy little kids or bikers. Those male customers need to get thicker skin or stay home.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Those male customers - with thin skin - need to get out - to one of the last spots where guys can go alone. I don’t want to go to places designed for women only.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Yeah, the strip club is about the only unfeminized place left for us guys and lopaw.
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    @Dominic77- absolutely!

In reality they will sue, and they will win. This is a classic example of blatant gender discrimination, a violation of both state and federal civil rights laws. Not only will they get a good chunk of cash from those idiots at that club, but the club will have to reverse their backwards and illegal policy. There have been a handful of these lawsuits over the years and to my knowledge the plaintiffs have won every time. Hope this will be a lesson to other clubs to change that policy before they get sued too.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    It was an archaic policy strip clubs used to keep prostitutes out of the clubs.

Years ago it was not uncommon to get solicited while you were walking to your car after leaving a club, especially in the Southwest (in my experience).

I think times not only are changing but already have changed... since many people are so more open about their sexuality more women probably want to go to a strip club with female strippers than 20 years ago. Or should I say more women are “willing” to go out and be seen in a strip club than 20 years ago.

I personally have no problem with it. Sometimes a group of women are fun to watch as they flirt and tip the dancers.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I can't believe that the local news station sent reporters out to research it. Was it a slow news day in South Florida ? No school shootings to talk about ?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Girls gotta get paid somehow;)
  • nickifree
    6 years ago
    I say it's illegal no matter if it's a corporate business or a private one. However, there are plenty of business that cater and serve women only. Realistically though, I expect case-by-case challenges and not an over sweeping law. Strip clubs will be called discriminatory. But places like spas and gyms that only allow women, will be allowed to legally continue to do so.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Legal or not, they don't want freelancers. They won't follow the rules, they won't keep it within bounds, and it will piss off the house dancers.

SJG
  • SuperDude
    6 years ago
    Boy Scouts, college fraternities, the military, college dorms, the astronaut corps, ordained clergy and strip clubs —-everthing is co-ed.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Yes, but in strip clubs men and women have complementary roles, not symmetrical. Unattached women have a potential for causing problems.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Strip clubs have been doing this for decades and it'll probably become a thing of the past as more lawsuits occur.

I don't think a lesbian(s) that likes to see/grope tits and ass like a guy should be denied that kinda fun we males enjoy - but there can't be the other side of the coin of women-only establishments (IDK if those still exist) - can't have your cake and eat it too.

Personally I don't like too-many females in the club b/c IME the club often gets a different lower-mileage more nighclubish/party type vibe - but I still don't think it's right they are not allowed in.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A while back there was another Miami report of a lesbian that was not allowed in a nightclub b/c she was wearing slacks, sneakers, and a t-shirt, i.e. kinda dressed like a guy - there were guys dressed like that in the club but the club required women to wear dresses and high-heel shoes.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    More lesbian custies in strip clubs true. But also a potential for lots of hookers. I'm not justifying the discrimination. I like hookers. But they won't follow the rules and they will piss off the house dancers.

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    It's not like men don't get discriminated against. Example, men aren't allowed to enter ladies night clubs with male dancers. It doesn't matter to most of us because we aren't interested in entering a male revue but guys like SJcreep get frustrated and feel that they are being discriminated against.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I bet the same clubs discriminate against men. !0 to 1 they won't hire make dancers!
  • BrotherFogHorn
    6 years ago
    They get turned on too
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion