tuscl

Do you make conversation with SC employees?

lolruned
Your Friendly Neighborhood Average Guy
Friday, May 4, 2018 2:47 PM
I'm talking about bartenders, bouncers, DJs, and managers. If so, what percentage of your interactions are pleasant and what are some of the things you talk about?

35 comments

• PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    Never
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Mostly no. Certainly not with customers. That can be really problematic. With non-dancer staff like bartenders, bouncers, DJ's, and managers I have made some conversation. It is so so. Often it will be because I am not that interested in the dancers. One local female bartender I have long liked. Some bouncers and managers I have gotten along with. Talked about how the club could be renovated, talked about how health insurance does not insure your health or access to health care, rather in insures your assets, general issues like that. Some such persons are easy to talk with. But there can be problems. SJG Chaos Magick [view link] [view link] [view link] playlist [view link]
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    The answer changes depending on whether it's a club I know I'm going to come back to, or even patronize regularly. In which case, the answer is: absolutely, positively, I talk to every single one of the staff you mentioned. There has literally never been a downside to this. Worst case, I have another guy (or sometimes girl, for the bartender) to shoot the shit with when I'm waiting for my girl or whatever. A little "damn I hope the 9ers don't suck this year, who do you think they draft?" convo is a welcome break from all the bantering with 22-year-olds about what they did at Coachella. Best case, here's an example of what happened last time I was at the club: Manager came over to greet me as I walked in, waved me in past the cover charge (which I have not paid in years); bartender gave me a free coke (a $5 value!); bouncer, who is supposed to walk through the VIP once per every song, at no time enters the VIP room when I'm in there (even the stripper I was with noticed he never showed). I know some guys say "I"m there for the strippers, not the manager", and sure enough, that's true for me, too. But unless you're so socially awkward that it's some incredibly stressful event to talk to another guy, it's a pretty effortless interaction that can lead to at least small benefits.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^^ AWESOME! SJG
  • Roadworrier
    6 years ago
    Bartenders/waitresses, sometimes. At my former “home” club in BAL those girls also danced on certain nights, so they weren’t like total strangers.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    All of the above. As Subraman points out, the dividends can be very valuable.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I talk to anyone who is friendly, there’s absolutely no downside to being liked by any and all of the employees, as Subraman said, he’ll at one of the clubs I go to they have a bookkeeper that works there twice a week, she says hello to me every time we are there at tha same time. I can’t tell you how many times I have had a comped drink, a fresh Cuban cigar, an intro to a girl someone thinks I might like, the cook at one club made me a pizza one evening, all sorts of good stuff happens when you are friendly
  • azrookie
    6 years ago
    ^^^ I second @subraman on this one. At my home club, I never get asked to show ID, the weekend manager always shakes my hand and welcomes me, and we never see him checking the VIP area when I'm in there. I think it's good policy to always give good tips and be cordial and professional with everyone at the club. Even the bathroom troll.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I agree with the above. But I also notice that no one seems to talk to customers, as I have found to be risky and of no benefit. SJG
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    I like the sound of what azrookie wrote! If you can get your heart right, a random customer might notice and call on you as a witness when he's explaining to the bartender how awesome she is. Also, shared a cab ride home with a customer and I got dropped off first, so he knew where I lived. Don't try that at home or casually, but we recognized one another.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    Ok, twentyfive, too. I can't hold out. fagboner might be my squeeze mais c'est plus fort que moi.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    Nope, not outside general pleasantries. I certainly won't be an asshole if they engage me to have more of a conversation, but they are not who I go to the club to see, so I don't go out of ny way to talk to them.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Networking per se pretty-much always yields at least some positive results. I'm not good at breaking the ice - rare for me to start a convo w/ someone IDK - if someone starts a convo w/ me then I can usually carry that convo pretty-well. In my case I don't interact w/ the staff beyond pleasantries as a21 mentioned - I also don't have a "home-club" per se as I jump b/w a couple of clubs but hit some more than others. So although I'm not "Mr Convo" I do think it's usually beneficial to be outgoing and talk to people whether it's a SC or not; it's just for certain people it comes natural and for others not.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > rare for me to start a convo w/ someone IDK But what if they're LDK and haven't gone home and changed?
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Paying money for ejaculation services is simply using your own money to exacerbate your own sexual frustration. SJG Witchy Haul [view link]
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > Paying money for ejaculation services is simply using your own money to exacerbate your own sexual frustration. I know. We should just go in the men's room. The stall door locks and it's free! I know it's not a barrel, but if you close your eyes, you can think of the Queen!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I'm with Subraman on this one. I'll also point out that if things get dicey or dramatic in the club, it never hurts if the staff has a good opinion of you.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Truth! Then when going to a strip club, select a girl you like, get a front room makeout session going, then when it is time for your own pants to come down, you invite her to the back room, and then take her home with you so you can keep on pumping loads into her all night. SJG
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I think Subraman said it well. I am friendly with each person I see in a club. A simple hello, or in Jersey terms “How you doin” or plural “How youz doin” - is enough to show you aren’t an asshole. It’s good to be friendly with folks everywhere - and strip clubs are no different.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i’m kinda like Papi when it comes to staff.
  • Jmanskald
    6 years ago
    Talking to people is my favorite part actually
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I'm with Subra too. I don't generally chat with much of anyone at clubs I'm not likely to be back at any time soon. However, in the club I go to most regularly I do chat. The interactions are pretty much always pleasant. The valet, the bouncer, the floor guy, the manager, the bartender, the waitresses. Mostly just idle chit chat. The Fins/Heat come up a lot, the valet likes to talk about cars and the manager likes guns. We keep it light, its not like we're asking about families and deep shit. Like others, that friendliness and my demonstrated willingness to come in and spend, often gets me little perks. If I'm chatting with a dancer who'd rather not go on stage, she gets pulled out of the rotation. I generally stick to daytime visits, but when I do wonder in after cover starts I rarely pay it. A round of drinks comped is pretty consistent. There's no real time clock on the rooms while I'm in there. If parking is tight or weather poor, the valet area parking is comped. The bartender will shoo people away to make room for me & my stripper. Things like that, nothing major.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    Hadn't been to a club in several months. Saw a new bouncer at entrance asked for ID. Another bouncer walks out sees me, says he's good. I know him. Walk in and see door girl. I can't remember if she is the same or not. She says just sign in. She remembers me. I don't need to take out my card. I go to the bar, dancer approaches I recognize. Says where have you been?
  • K
    6 years ago
    Cashman Yoi say "How you doin?" Are a benny?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    K: "Are a benny?" ??? I vaguely remember when I lived in NJ, "bennies" were what people who lived at the shore called the tourists
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    All the time. Often the best intel often comes from these folks.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    K - I’m originally from the first N - Newark. I know how benny’s can be at the shore - lol!
  • K
    6 years ago
    Bennies come from new york city, bergan, essex and newark and tend to invade the shore north of seaside Shoebies come from philly and tend to invade south of seaside.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’m a definite Benny. Born in Orange - lived in Newark - moved to Irvington - then several other Essex county locations,
  • K
    6 years ago
    Cashman The really important question is Pork roll or taylor ham?
  • BJ4015
    6 years ago
    Why wouldn’t you talk to others in a club? I don’t go out of my way to do it but friendly conversation with the staff never hurts
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Taylor ham is the shit. Pork roll is something eaten by folks from south jersey - and I stay away from scrapple!
  • K
    6 years ago
    The word ham appears nowhere on the package. Taylor brand pork roll is the only pork roll I eat. Cases and Trenton brand aren't right somehow. I feel sad for those outside NJ that will never taste the salty slice of heaven that is pork roll. The very name Scrapple sounds like dog food.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    Female bartenders: Always engage in some conversation, brief when the club is busy and more when the club is uncrowded. Have gotten to know a few personally a little bit (where they grew up, family, etc.) - of those, sometimes get a comped drink and have occasionally been asked if I wanna wait around til after closing to get a dance. Never say have you considered dancing or you're so hot you should dance - they hear it every nite and are tired of it. Table waitresses: always pleasant, no effort at conversation unless I'm sitting with a girl and buying her a drink, then I engage in minor conversation with waitress and girl at same time. Girl at front collecting cover charge: Always minor chit chat, sometimes tell em a joke, sometimes it gets me in free. Door guy: Sometimes if I've never seen them, always if they know who I am, especially if they've previously shooed me in without having to pay cover. Floor bouncers: Sometimes if I don't know them. Always if they recognize me, especially those who I've slipped a few bucks to send a particular girl over. Guy who controls the VIP section: Always. Sometimes they are a source of good intel on girls. Some I know better than others, and if you know get to know em a little bit it results in extension of time if you're paying for time rather than paying for # of dances. DJ: only on rare occasion where I slip em a few bucks to get a girl I like up on stage, and if I appreciate DJ's taste in music I tell em at that time. Toilet trolls: silence or a brief hey how you doin.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Taylor ham is the only name I use for the coronary damage that is also incredibly delicious.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion