tuscl

Starbucks - Loitering in the news

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:34 PM
Call me dumb but I was not aware that if you go sit at Starbucks and not buy anything you can be asked to leave. Sometimes I meet up strippers at Starbucks. They are notoriously late so I can be sitting there with no drink until the stripper arrives. This got me thinking about Baby Dolls. Sometimes I just go check out the talent and I just sit there with no drink. Does the cover charge protect the PL agains being kicked out for “loitering” I know some clubs enforce a drink minimum. As far as I know, Baby Dolls does not.

30 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Most clubs seem to kinda expect a custy to buy at least one drink and probably best to have a drink in hand as to not be constantly asked - seems the more upscale clubs don't hassle you about it much while the divier places more-so and some dives may even ask you to leave if u don't buy a drink
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are some Starbucks that have a combination-lock to the restroom - if I need to use the restroom I rather do it b/f ordering my drink - a while back I went inside a Starbucks with the intention of buying a drink but the dumb bitch behind the counter would not give me the combo to the restroom w/o ordering first - I was so pissed I left and drove another 10-minutes to another Starbucks that didn't have a locked bathroom and have not been to the locked-bathroom Starbucks since that incident
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    at one am after visiting at tropical lei for three hours a new waitress came up to my table and said i needed to buy another drink. i replied that i had allready bought three. (one for me and two dancer drinks.) but it kinda got to me and i got up and left. (i needed my beauty sleep anyway.)
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    as to starbucks... i get a basic cup of coffee if i’m gonna be there for a while.
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    I jogged my memory and do recall a time when a waitress at Baby Dolls asked if I wanted a drink. I said “ no thanks” She then told me that I had to buy a drink if I was sitting.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    iced green tea, all day every day son! I actually dislike Starbucks coffee, it is undrinkable in any form where you don't first turn it into a liquid coffee-flavored donut (i.e., add cream, sugar, whipped cream, caramel, sprinkles, etc)
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Most clubs have a rule of 1 or 2 drink minimum but it's usually not enforced. I can tell you one thing, if you're in a club in a big city like Vegas, on a busy night, and you're taking up a table, you better order something to drink EVERY TIME you're empty or a waitress is going to kick your ass out of that seat. A way around this is on your first drink tip the waitress at least $10 and she'll probably leave you alone the rest of the night.
  • samsung1
    6 years ago
    I was told at penthouse detroit to order a drink or leave (despite ordering lunch and 2 previous drinks). No surprise the club went downhill and now currently closed. I believe it's a liquor law violation at places that serve alcohol to require drink minimums.
  • samsung1
    6 years ago
    I have never been to starbucks with locked bathroom. I once went to starbucks and simply used bathroom due to the line being too long to wait and order. Really ridiculous service at starbucks. Even mcdonalds has free restroom.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I don't drink coffee. I only go to Starbucks for the bathrooms.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I have been boycotting Starbucks for years, with the exception of the one in the Golden Nugget in Biloxi due to proximity.
    6 years ago
    The answer for Starbuks of course is to install sink monkeys (bathroom attendants) in every store. Think of the employment it would create!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^@flagooner here’s your business opportunity
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Brilliant idea! If Starbucks doesn't take it I'm going to start a coffee house with bathroom trolls! They can sell lattes while crazyjoe clogs the shitter! 623, flagooner, and twentyfive, would you like to invest? I know crazyjoe is in, as long as I install bidets in the coffeehouse shitters. Just imagine sipping a latte while cleaning your taint after a satisfying shit. You'll be able to live that dream every time you come to "Taintbucks"
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Seriously though, just buy a drink if you're going to sit at the club. It doesn't have to be alcoholic. And seriously, why don't we have bidets in America? If Trump really wanted to make America great again he'd appoint a czar for convincing Americans to use bidets. Imagine the manufacturing opportunities!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^Convincing schminvincing, Trump would just make it an executive order ! But then he’d run into the problem of getting ass water on his hairdoodoo
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    While it depends somewhat upon the law of the locality, and it can’t be done because of race, a store is generally free to kick out a patron for a variety of reasons which include loitering and not buying anything. Most stores don’t do it because of the potential for bad publicity but they often have the right to do so if they chose. If you pay to get in then things can get more complicated but in most circumstances my bet is that you’d just get a refund.
  • Eve
    6 years ago
    As someone who used to be literally addicted to Starbucks during my college years (Visited almost every location in my city, used to go up to 3 times a day.. with my own coffee pot at home), I can safely say I've never seen a bathroom door with a padlock or anything like that, and I've used the bathroom before ordering plenty of times. Maybe it's a city based thing, but not here in Jax, for sure. As far as clubs go, my club has a mandatory 1 drink purchase (and I'm sure all of them here in Jax do), and plenty of customers have bitched about it because it's a non-alcohol bar, and there have been plenty we've had to kick out because they'll refuse. But when I think about it, that would apply to anywhere with food or drink service. It's not like you'd go to a Chili's and tell the waitress you're just hanging out and don't want anything. A quick bathroom run is one thing. But going someplace for 10/15/30/45 minutes without using the services provided is illogical anyway.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Most food service places expect you to order something. How far they will go for the waiting for someone story will vary. But asking someone to leave is not like calling the cops. Starbucks certainly has got itself a problem. Never ever have I patronized one. [view link] SJG
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "While it depends somewhat upon the law of the locality, and it can’t be done because of race, a store is generally free to kick out a patron for a variety of reasons which include loitering and not buying anything. Most stores don’t do it because of the potential for bad publicity but they often have the right to do so if they chose." In the Starbucks case, it is pretty clear it was done because of race. As far as I know, Starbucks has no policy on people actually having to buy something to sit there, unless no tables are available. I've seen people at Starbucks go there just to use the tree wifi. You don't see tits and ass there though, so it makes sense that strip clubs make someone buy a drink. It's not a free show.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    *free WiFi I hate my new phone.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Papi could use your old one.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I have two phones, always. Both my old ones broke and the screens don't work.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Starbucks has now set a precedent that it is okay to stay in SB without buying anything. It’s like a Neon sign welcoming the homeless.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    ^starbucks has always been known as a meeting place or place where people go there for WiFi; it doesn't HAVE a policy on purchasing. I remember being there to meet with an attorney and our witness for the case. I was early for the meeting so I ordered a beverage, finished it, then they showed up. Walked all the way from one side of the Starbucks to the other while lawyer brought out his laptop and played police dashcam footage of the incident. We watched and discussed it for idk how long. Lawyer and witness bought nothing the entire time. I had finished my beverage long ago. We were sitting in a booth for a long time discussing evidence. No one asked them to buy anything. We were there for a meeting. Many others there were using their laptops as well, and many had no beverages. This is actually common at Starbucks. People will sit there for an hour using the wifi and then order a tea, or coffee, and continue to sit. It's common there. It is so common a meeting place that sugar babies and sugar daddies meet there. It is courtesy for some people to wait on the other party to arrive to order. If I'm a sugar baby and the daddy is late to meet me, I'm going to wait for him to arrive and pay for my damn drink. It is very normal to wait for acquaintances (etc) before you order at any establishment, especially Starbucks which has very liberal policies regarding people hanging out without buying. And the men arrested in this bullshit we're anything but homeless... they're in real estate, and were waiting for a business associate to discuss an investment.
  • Lone_Wolf
    6 years ago
    Gotta wonder how much cash those fellas were given to smooth the feathers.
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    Now there's a local story on the news in Atlanta of a Starbucks where there was a camera discovered in the bathroom.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Whether they have a policy or not, it is pretty presumptuous to expect you can just set up shop for free in another's place of business. I don't know of any details in this specific case so this is a hypothetical question What is legally or ethically wrong with a manager politely asking a non-paying visitor to leave the premises if they do not make a purchase after they had been enjoying the facilities without any compensation? Is there some sort of law that requires Starbucks to charitably serve the community with free WiFi services?
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    I have never used the WiFi at Starbucks. I think it would be fair if only paying customers could use it. I don’t understand the policy that you have to buy something before you can use the restroom. Sometimes you’re out and about and get the urge to go to the restroom. Why should I have to buy something I don’t want at the moment just to use the restroom?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Gee do you randomly invite passers by into your home to use the restroom ? jes curious .
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion