tuscl

Flint MI RealEstate Investments ?

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
In my near future I'm looking into starting my real-estate business and building up some cash flow as the rich dad poor dad adviser teach.

Personally I'd like to do it debt free. Was looking on zillow to get used to prices in my market and got curious about Flint MI lol....yes I know it's got some major issues and it's probably always a bad investment but I was shocked at was $20,000 would actually buy....looked damn near new

In my market it would by you a crack house

Any guys on the site that invest outside their markets for value...if so please share the pros and cons to be considered

If any good books to buy let me know on this subject

Thanks

14 comments

• MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Your so full of shit. But I believe in you. Do this thang mother fucker
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Flint eh? Well there is a reason why you get soo much "value". Good luck all in!
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Flint. Don't drink the water and don't breathe the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTpsMyNe…
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I saw that Netflix special on Flint MI and the cop's...was a fun show to watch but damn that place is upsides down

Well maybe not Flint but other areas that have hope but the current market is cheap...any tips from any old pros ...it would seam like theirs a rich sugar daddy on this site that made his money like this right ?
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Get a good property manager there before you lose yo dam mind
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Amen to that
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Detroit has a lot of cheap real estate. Detroit is better than Flint (no lie).
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    juicebox69 becomes Flint landlord = brilliant idea!
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    Maybe juicebox69 should go international and look into property in Yemen. I hear that a dollar goes a long way in Yemen right now!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    You'll find even better deals in Centralia, Pennsylvania.

Google it.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    When somebody says "Google it" I always wonder whether it is going to be a "Santorum" kind of thing.

But it isn't in this case. So it's an aces idea! I still say juicebox69 should become a Yemeni landlord, but Centralia is definitely better than Flint!
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Sadly there any many towns like this across the Midwest. There’s a reason real estate is cheap because nobody has any money there, and there are no jobs to support the economy. You can’t rent a place is nobody can afford to pay the rent.

• Mate27
    7 years ago
    After playing the real estate market for 20 years, and simultaneously playing the stock market for 20 years, there’s no way in my right mind I would choose real estate. I think the guys like Kyosaki (Rich dad/ poor dad) are nothing but someone selling you a bill of goods. In theory it sounds appealing, but the reality of it is that there’s just too much hassle and too much risk.

First of all, as an asset class stocks outperform real estate by a wide margin, and don’t even get into the steady income BS, because my stocks can do the same thing. Secondly, there’s the maintenance, property taxes, income taxes your obligated to pay. Finally, renters are your tenants for a reason, they are typically less responsible than the owners, and they behave that way. You’re looking at a lifetime of headaches, and unless you’re a whiz of a mechanic and handyman and enjoy working on houses, your rental property will be a continual pain in the ass for as long as you own it.

My stock portfolio if I do t like it takes me just a few minutes online to dump my holdings without hearing anyone bitch and complain about it. My stock holdings have tripled in the past 10 years. Nothing beats it for performance or simplicity.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    OP never said anything about leveraging, which is why many people think real estate can make you rich. Keep in mind if you leverage m, the downside is even steeper than the upside.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion