The physicist Stephen Hawking has died at 76

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:35 PM
Off topic. But I wanted to post this. [view link]

20 comments

• orionsmith
    6 years ago
    Hopefully he's in a better place. I'm not sure if he believed in an afterlife or not.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    He said "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."
  • anon4231
    6 years ago
    Considering he wasn't supposed to live beyond what, 20? I'd say he did pretty damn well for himself.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    An amazing man. Brilliant. RIP.
  • AnonymousJim
    6 years ago
    No BS whatsoever: Hawking loved strip clubs.
  • grand1511
    6 years ago
    Smartest PL ever!
  • LIGHTINGKAY
    6 years ago
    Steven is back to being stardust. Kinda sad to stop and think.......
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    I didn’t realize he was that old. Godspeed.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Amazing man - a great mind. I’m amazed to hear he contracted ALS in his 20’s and he lived to be 76. RIP. It’s nice to know he was a fellow pl!
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Celebrating genius is *never* off topic.
  • Gmoney24
    6 years ago
    Snowboarding accident. Damn. RIP.
  • ArtsBrother
    6 years ago
    Anybody here ever read 'A Brief History Of Time' and............understand it? I did and.........I didn't.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I read "A Brief History of Time." It was published almost 30 years ago. Time flies. Some of it was hard to understand, like the concept of imaginary time.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    He was full of shit. Seriously, his condition led to difficulty in voiding his bowels.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    One of the greatest minds of his generation. I just hope he was wrong in the qoute shadowcat posted and that he is able to enjoy something beyond life and death.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    He was a brilliant mind. I remember reading his book A Brief History of Time in elementary school. I thought it was great. Amusing to read he was a PL. RIP brother Hawking.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    In memoriam: [view link]
  • hepguy
    6 years ago
    Apparently he had a sense of humor. Some years ago I attended a talk by Kip Thorne, himself a famous astrophysicist (one of the recipients of the 2017 Nobel prize). He told the following story. There is the possibility in black hole theory of something called a "naked singularity". At first Hawking didn't think this was possible while Thorne did and they arranged a friendly wager about who was right. After some years Hawking conceded that Thorne was right. As part of the payoff Hawking sent Thorne a tee shirt with a picture on it of a naked woman covering herself with a towel and a message saying something like "here is something to cover your nakedness".
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    He could use math to theorize in a singularity before the Big Bang but apparently never saw any unknown evidence he couldn't explain to believe in an afterlife it sounds like. He might be surprised if this life is more like a virtual reality world and he just woke up. RIP. I believe we have souls that get recycled and we keep coming back unless we get locked away in a prison afterlife because we were really bad. What I really wonder is if we get to choose what bodies we get reincarnated back into of if its random luck if we are male or female, etc. I was never taught this so I'm not sure why I believe it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion