tuscl

What would you have done - Water Shot

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
This happened a couple of years ago when I was at the peak of my partying sc ways.

New to me dancer sits next to me at the bar. I asked her if she wants to do a shot which she says yes to. I order two shots of patron from the big burly bartender. Bartender places the shots in front of us. For some reason I reach for her shot. Dancer shoos my hand away and admits it is a water shot. I play it off and the dancer soon departs.

I sit there and ponder the situation in, at that point, a severely inebriated state. I call the big burly bartender over and say I just paid ten bucks for a shot of water wtf?

He acts like I was insane until I offer to call the dancer over that admitted to the indiscretion. At which point he pours me another shot (which I did not want) the whole time he is bitching like there was something wrong with me.

Now, I know that I've probably bought dozens of water shots during my sc partying days. I don't worry too much about it and had never asked to switch shots before but for some reason did it this time. In hindsight, I wish I would have just played it off and went on partying of course never giving that dancer another dime.

What would you have done if you somehow found out the expensive shot you bought for a dancer was really water?

33 comments

• MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Kick that bar tender in the nuts
  • lolruned
    7 years ago
    This is part of the reason I am hesitant on buying a dancer a drink. It's a bad business practice for people like me who can recognize the difference between fantasy and reality. For the PLs that like the fantasy of getting a stripper a bit tipsy and did not realize they just paid $10 for a shot of water... I would say do whatever makes you happy. Or even if you did recognize it's a shot of water... you're not only supporting a bad business practice. This is something that would make me feel like I was scammed.
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    I would ram my truck up his ass
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    If I could prove it, I would complain to the owner or manager. I knew a waitress a long time ago that got fired for drinking 10 or 12 fake shots with a regular customer.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    I've witnessed over priced watered down drinks, fake non alcoholic drinks, and tiny over priced beers but a water shot is a new one on me.
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    This is nothing new...CF's have told me their drinks are watered down or no alcohol....When the waitress came along pushing drinks I told her, I'll only buy it if its got alcohol and I'm tasting it...lol....In some cases they didn't want my friend to get to wasted, but i told them I'll monitor her thank you.....It comes up now and then everywhere...I'm not paying for juice or water fuck that....
    Lately I learned the penalty at my home place for not selling enough drinks was like $24 or some amount like that and I laughed I told my CF I'd just pay her the damn penalty next time...
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    the only way you know for sure is to buy a bottle and pour directly.
    in some cases the drink is kinda payment for her time with you. especially if she received a cut of the price. this is common in tj.
    and in some usa clubs the girl has a quota to sell. otherwise she has to make up the shortfall.
  • lotsoffun201
    7 years ago
    Dancers I’ve known very well admit there is a code. My ATF told me she ordered light rum and coke which was a code meaning. No rum. Nowadays I only sit at the bar and watch them pour the drinks.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I've never heard a complaint about the drinks at Follies. There are no quotas and prices are the same as customer drinks. I have no qualms about buying dancers drinks there if I want to. If I don't want to I tell them that since I don't drink, I don't buy drinks for others.
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    I don't really drink much when I go strip clubbing. Why numb my senses ? And I don't really buy drinks for the girls unless they specifically ask for one. I think this is going to happen a lot more when the guy is offering to buy the drinks. He thinks he's getting the girl drunk. She wants to keep her wits about her.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I don't drink and my fave at one club brings her own bottled water with her.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Someone needs to get ahold of @flagooner , he’d put a cap in that bartenders ass. ;)
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I would be pretty torqued about that. If I am paying premiums for my drinks the better be legit. If she is deliberately getting water shots after saying yes she just dropped down quite a few notches with me. All she has to say is no thanks and if she is getting water shots she is collusion with the bar. Bad vibes.
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    From my 4-22-17 review of Synn Gentleman's Club in the City of Industry (CA), which is a juice bar: "The waitresses all wanted me to buy the girls drinks, which I think is almost pointless when there's no alcohol in them. Lady drinks are $6.00 for a small or $12.00 for a large. For soda. I declined." At least I knew what was in them.
  • dancewdcpa
    7 years ago
    At a club where the shot girl offered a variety of colored test tubes, the dancer I was with told me a certain area of the tray had no alcohol for the shot girl to give dancers who didn't want to drink. Still cost the same $ to us suckers.
    I have had dancers drink water and I've bought bottled water for them at inflated prices while respecting their decision to decline a drink but don't piss on us and tell us it's raining!

• umissedaspot
    7 years ago
    If the shot I bought for me was water, I would certainly complain. If the shot I bought for the dancer was water, and she wasn't complaining, I would only have myself to be angry with for falling for an age old trick. It's like finding out that her orgasm was faked.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    I thought it happen to me in a club once. I didn't say anything. But on the next drink AFTER she ordered, I told the barmaid I'll have the same. I watched and sure enough drinks from two different bottles. When she brought us the drinks, I grabbed the dancer's drink. I then ask the barmaid, if there was anything she wanted to tell me before I took a drink. She said nothing. I took and drink and told her I would NOT pay for that. She shrugged her shoulders and left. When the dancer started to take the real drink, I took it and told her to get lost for being in on the scam! Never went back until the club had changed hands.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    It happens. The problem for some of these girls is that almost everyone who they sit with wants them to drink with them and some guys get offended when a girl refuses. It doesn't happen to me much anymore as I always sit at the bar and can see the bottles being used, but I also can't blame a girl who has already had 8 shots with 3 different guys from trying not to get hammered.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    After so much SCing, I don't bat much of an eyelash w.r.t. a club or dancer running a con - for me that's kinda baked into the strip-club business-model - for the most-part, from most strippers' and clubs' POV, we are suckers/marks to be fleeced any way possible.

I've never been a heavy-drinker and currently the most I'll drink is one lite-beer at the SC, sometimes two depending how long I'm there. Never having been a heavy-drinker, a well/properly poured strong drink will usually have an effect on me - back in the day I used to like drinking long-islands b/c that would give me a good buzz; but whenever I ordered one at the black-dives I hit, it's as if I had drank water, pretty-much zero-effect.

When I would order a long-island at a club like Tootsies, I would get a nice-buzz - but then a while back I started getting zero-buzz from it and seemed as if they too were watering down the drinks.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"Dancers I’ve known very well admit there is a code. My ATF told me she ordered light rum and coke which was a code meaning. No rum"

My belief is that nearly all alcohol clubs function similarly, with a code of some sort that indicates the dancer wants a no-alcohol shot. The codes can seem barely out of the ordinary, e.g., she orders her shots with a maraschino cherry, or two lemons, or whatever. For me, since drinking with the girls is part of the experience I want, when I catch a girl doing this, I'm through with her permanently and she's perma-banned from my table (that is, my buddies and I all warn each other about her).

Among the things you can do are:
    1. Get in good with the strippers until one tells you the code(s)
    2. Leave the stripper at your table, order the shots yourself from the bartender, bring them back yourself.
    3. Order for her -- work out what she wants in advance, and order it ("two shots of tequila") ... she has no reason to say anything, if she jumps in to add in any little detail ("put an umbrella in mind"), that's probably the code
    4. Switch shots after the waitress puts them down -- you will have already paid, but at least you'll find out right away if it's a real shot

I do 1, 2, and 3 regularly
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    w.r.t. the OP's case, he was the one that invited the dancer for a drink; it's not as if they strong-armed him into the drink-hustle - and it is SC M.O. that a dancer is not allowed to turn down a drink offer in front of a waitress or bartender; part of the strip-club hustle.

I assume any club where there's a dancer drink-hustle/quota that those drinks would be watered-down/no-alcohol - the girls are mandated to push drinks and have PLs buy as many as possible - in this type of format I assume the drinks don't have alcohol else most of the dancers would be blasted every night beyond being able to do their job and even get home - plus in clubs w/ a dancer drink-hustle, a drink w/ no alcohol means pretty-much 100%-profit for the club and more reason for it not to have alcohol in it.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    This is another way strip clubs rip us off. I refuse to buy shots from shot girls since a dancer clued me in about how the shots given to the dancers have little or no alcohol.
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    To answer to OP’s question, honestly, I wouldn’t have done anything other than made note that the club operated that way. If I otherwise liked the club, oh well. If the club was “meh”, I probably wouldn’t go back.

Most clubs are already overcharging for drinks, alcohol or not. The bottom line for me is everything I pay in a club is tuition for figuring out how to get an attractive lady to play with my cock. If I think I’ll get there buying her a glass of milk, so be it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    At Hong Kong club in TJ, seems a big part of the business-model is girls sitting w/ you while you buy them a drink/ficha; for which the dancer supposedly gets a commission - w/ this being so common I have to assume those dancer-drinks/fichas are non-alcoholic else most of the dancers would be tipsy or more - not to mention the club is making much more $$$ out of those $8 drinks if they are non-alcohol (since they gotta give a cut to the dancer).
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    I should add that where you club makes all the difference in general as to how any of us might answer the question. If your goal is to get laid and it’s a gimme in the clubs in your city, I guess you have the luxury of not putting up with the water shot. If your goal is still to get laid but you’re in a city where the only chance at that is OTC, then you’ve got to choose between paying the tuition or taking satisfaction in overpaying for all beverages except water.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    I always assume a dancer drink has minimal alcohol, if not no alcohol. So i dont buy them often. Maybe once a year.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    papi, when a girl gets a ficha at hk for $9us (and a teep to the mesero) she usually gets a small bottle of tecate lite cervesa. think it is 3.2 beer. she also can choose most anything else. like soft drink, juice, water. the ficha is basically paying for her time to hang with you. and she does get a portion. some girls slam the ficha down quickly and others make it last longer. kinda gives you some idea of her attitude. she may just sit there or grind the hell out of you. and some girls do get drunk.
  • WillMunny
    7 years ago
    RickDugan makes a good point that in many cases dancers would get plastered in a hurry if they did a shot every time a custy wanted them to. Shotgirls have an even bigger risk since a customer buying a shot "for them" is fundamental to their job.

Of course there are also 98 lb dancers that could drink me under the table 7 days a week, and being mindful of the female staff's state of inebriation doesn't require the kind of criminal fraud the OP describes.

The problem boils down to the club having a much greater financial stake in maximizing profits from drink sales than any obligation (legally, ethically, or just plain good business sense) to keep the gals on the floor from being fall-down drunk. In the club's eyes they're independent contractors and adults who should know their own limits.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Make sure all "your" dancers are under 21. Problem solved. We know no one under age would drink, right?
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    I almost never buy dancers drinks for these and other reasons. But I offer free weed to all.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    I don't buy drinks. Maybe it's just me, I enjoy a fun, sober girl vs a plastered, messy one.

I guess you can say buying drinks is a chump's game... and front room make out session is where it's at. :)
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    Also there's a difference between you offering and her asking. The former's on you, the latter I can see as disingenuous.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I avoid buying drinks for dancers. Early on, I fell for the drink hustle - and the dancer drinks were too expensive and complicated - and proved to be a waste of money.

I don’t want my dancers to be drunk, and I don’t want to piss money away on watered down booze - so I avoid it.

The comments make sense in many ways. You shouldn’t have to pay a booze price for water. If dancers did shots with just a few customers - they would get drunk early in their shifts - and they’d be a mess by the end of the night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion