tuscl

REMEMBERING FARMERART

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:45 AM
I haven't posted much in the past few years. I've mainly been concentrating of the reviews, not the discussions and articles. So, many of you don't know me unless you've been on TUSCL for more than three years. The veteran TUSCL members will remember Farmerart. If not, see: [view link] He joined TUSCL in June 2010 and was a prolific poster of discussions, articles, and reviews through his last post, a comment on December 23, 2015. He was a great writer and story teller. Unfortunately, Art passed away just about a year later. If you aren't familiar with his writings, I suggest you pull up a few of his discussions and articles. Some great reading there! I have been in close contact with Art's eldest brother for about the past 18 months. He has shared many stories about Art and we've talked about many other subjects as well. An ongoing story that Art loved to talk about was his ATF, whom he only ever referred to as his "Toronto Sweetie." They had several adventures together which Art gleefully wrote about. Many of you may be interested in the "rest of the story." Art's brother has submitted an article on that subject and perhaps more about farmerart himself (I haven't seen it yet). So look for it in the articles section of TUSCL soon. Its title is (or similar to): "​The Final Story of FarmerArt and His Toronto Sweetie." Arts brother has told me the basics of it, but I'm still looking forward to reading the story. -- Club_Goer

15 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    Thanks - he was a good story teller. His best one I remember is when he went and blew a bunch of money on a RV which was purchased with the intent to visit strip clubs, and on his first outing he wrapped it around a guard rail or clipped a pole (can’t remember which one).
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    I miss Farmerart. I considered him a friend although I never met him in person. I enjoyed his stories and we PMed each other.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    One of the best!
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    He told me that her named one of his oil wells "Shadowcat" & another after my ATF "Gridget". I'll look foreward to the article.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    FarmerArt was a good guy. Don't really know what became of him myself. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    FA always kept things positive and polite and often had an eloquent answer. Thanks for the heads-up about the article.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    sc, THAT could be the coolest thing of all!
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Toronto Sweetie is not as catchy as Dream Stripper. Nonetheless, Art seemed like a great guy and he did have good stories.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    This will be a TUSCL article that will actually be worth reading. I can't wait for it to be published! I am glad I got to chat with him on PM. He had some great stories and anecdotes. Club_Goer, thanks for the heads up.
  • mjx01
    6 years ago
    FA is definitely missed. Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to the article.
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    We'd PM occasionally and exchange stories. I miss that. I miss him.
  • TxVegas
    6 years ago
    I remembered the same story as Shailynn. FA seemed to always do things all the way, whether that was his business or his pursuit of women. RIP
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    I'll look forward to reading that. He & I shared Pam's several times regarding our ATF's. He had very deep pockets ( try to read about his million dollar RV without laughing out loud). His stories & humor are sorely missed on these pages.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    Look forward to the article. Farmerart was one of the good guys.
  • Corvus
    6 years ago
    Thanks Club Goer. Like many others here I miss Art as well. What a great writer and story teller. I've met a few fellow TUSCL members and would enjoy meeting a few others, but the one I really would have liked to meet was Art. His reviews were often epic, his articles were likewise. Yes, the story of his outrageously expensive RV was funny as was his story of taking the ice bucket challenge. I messaged with him more than any other TUSCL member for a while and he was always positive and gracious. I would have loved to meet him and hang out with him for a while, either ITC or OTC. May he rest in peace. Looking forward to the upcoming article.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion