tuscl

ATM ... next level stupidity from a club

cnyknight
New York
In my area there are 2 clubs around the corner from one another owned by the same person. One nude (no booze) one topless (beer bar).

VIPS are 30 bucks (highest in the area) and Cabarets are 100 (Typical for the area).

These clubs are pretty much average hole in the wall type places. Not high end by any means.

In his latest move to gain money ... on top of the 5 dollar ATM fee (again a normal price you pay if you make the rookie move of hitting the club atm) but he limited the amount to 100 buck you can take out at a time.

So either don't tip the girl for the 100 dollar cab you just did, or hit the atm multiple times and pay the fee over and over.

I for one think all this will do is drive dancers and customers to other clubs ...

Ok fellow SC'ers ... thoughts/comments ... go

28 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    If the clubs are worth going back to, the customers will learn to bring more cash and not use the ATMs. I have never used one anywhere.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Get a bank that refunds others ATM fees.
  • cnyknight
    7 years ago
    I am with ya there shadowcat. With these particular clubs they aren't in the best neighborhood especially at night so usually I carry minimum cash but on the off chance there is some girl that tempts me enough to hit the ATM its nice to have that option.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Why do you wait til you are completely broke to hit the atm and do a cabaret? Just stick your usual tip somewhere in your wallet and don’t spend it, except for the cabaret tip.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Yeah just keep a spare $20 or whatever. If you're too scared to bring enough cash into the club then the atm fee is just the cost of doing business. They charge the fee because pl's like you are willing to pay it.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    cny posted: "I for one think all this will do is drive dancers and customers to other clubs ..."

I don't. Seasoned club hounds generally don't use club ATMs anyway and i doubt that the more casual visitors give a shit about a nominal $5 per hundred when they are already dropping a lot of dough. Better that the club owner gouge at the ATM than for drinks and LDs.
  • SirLapdancealot
    7 years ago
    Using the club ATM...next level of stupidity for a PL.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Casual customer (me) here. I think I've used the ATM twice in the club my whole life. Both times to withdraw less than $100.

My solution? I hit the bank teller or ATM BEFORE I hit the club (I club Fri nights). I pull out my budget PLUS one hundred dollars. Since then I've never used the ATM inside again.

Otherwise the club ATM fees are a tax on one not being prepared or on one not being realistic about one's budget.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I never use ATMs I don’t even have an ATM card. I get cash at the bank when I need some never got what was so difficult about figuring out how to manage your money.
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    I have a Charles Schwab checking account as a secondary checking account that reimburses me 100% of all ATM fees at the end of each month. It is what I use when at any SC, when abroad or if I can't find a Wachovia ATM.
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Stixk to $20 lot lizzards. Then you dont have to worry abt it
  • samsung1
    7 years ago
    5% atm fee still is reasonable for strip clubs. I have seen 10-20% fees.
  • cnyknight
    7 years ago
    I guess my point was I have never seen a club limit the ATM to 100 bucks ... seems like a pretty desperate way to try to make a dollar
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    I never use a club ATM. Primarily it’s a matter of thinkng the finances through before clubbing, deciding what I want to spend and can afford to, and stopping at my bank ahead of time for the cash. I don’t know what percent of mongers plan ahead and what percent pay the unnecessary “tax” of using an ATM. But as to your question, I doubt it will make any difference because using a club ATM is a poor decision in the first place. If it becomes a worse decision, I doubt it will slow down anyone inclined to go that route.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    it might have something to do with that $5 fee. That's pretty low for a strip club in the last 20 years. Most I've seen are like a $8-$18 fee and/or like 17% (!!) on top of that. But those will dispense more money.

So you just do 4x $100 withdrawals to get the money? For $20 in fees, right? Sort I a pain but I wonder if they can't legally charge more so this is how they get around it.

SCs are a luxury and it costs money for the owner to run. SCs sole "raison d'être" (reason to be) is to separate you from your money. ;)
  • Clubber
    7 years ago

Excellent point, "...never got what was so difficult about figuring out how to manage your money."
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    I've used SC atm maybe twice in the last 30 years....It's just bad letting them see you'll go pull more money for them ... bad for your budget....and also leaves a paper trail....too many strikes....i was telling CF last night about no bank cards....charge or debit...too many risks....and especially no tabs! I've seen too many trashed patrons get burned all over on open tabs...I bring in my budget and that's it.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    I don't do the club ATM either, the fees just irritate me too much to consider. If I need cash, I'll stop off at a real bank on my way to the club. If it's a bad neighborhood, I just split the cash up, at least $100 in my wallet, all the rest somewhere else

It will be interesting to see the results of this. I wonder to what extent Rick's "the regulars are smart enough to bring all the cash they need, and the rookies don't mind paying fees on their one big Boys Night Out strip club trip this year" will hold. Would be nice to punish a strip club for treating their customers as if they are gullible suckers, but I'm not so sure they aren't right.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    Right. I bring in all the bitcoin I plan to spend that night.
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    I'm teaching the girls about bitcoin actually...some of them have problems saving money, well most of them and many don't have bank accounts....I'm thinking they can save some that way..
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Going to strip club ATM = the walk of shame!
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    There are many reasons to question the OP’s points here.

First - if you are afraid to carry cash to a strip club - do you think it’s safe to use the club atm? If it’s a sketchy club - then I’d be less likely to trust the clubs atm.

Is the area that bad - that carrying $100 is dangerous? That’s not much money. I’ve driven through the projects in downtown Newark with several thousand in cash in an envelope. That didn’t scare me.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    ^it’s good that the dancers have bigger balls than he does. They walk out of there each night at closing (hopefully) with WAAAYY more cash tips than $100. Just calling it the way I see it.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I don't think it takes a genius to split up your cash... enough in your wallet so they don't get angry and kill you, the rest somewhere else
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    atm fees and buying club ‘chips’ are like ten percent fee at some of the clubs i visit. better to hit your bank atm if you can.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    bottom line... these wonderful experiences cost $$$$.... glad that my amigo cream cheeze took me to the best club that i can imagine... and at a fraction of my usa experience.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    @joc13 - the ultimate walk of shame is the guys you coming out of VIP to hit the ATM and going back to the VIP room. 99.9% chance the little head is running the show at that point. And what are the odds he gets blue balls anyway? Pretty high.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    As one that knows ATMs well, they are nothing more than a tool. When used properly, they are an excellent tool. When misused, they and hurt you like hitting your thumb with a hammer. Put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for your actions!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion