tuscl

Don't Give Out My Number

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Wednesday, January 3, 2018 1:16 PM
I VERY rarely give digits to dancers. I did give one my digits about 3-4 years ago to try to set up OTC but it never happened. Have not seen her dancing anywhere in over a year. Today out of the blue I get a text from a number I did not recognize. Let's say the stripper I gave the number to is Ginger. I get a text: Hi this is Maryanne. I work with Ginger and she gave me your number. She said you might be up for some fun at your hotel this afternoon. Hotel? She made it sound like she just got the number today. Maybe she meant to give Maryanne some other guy's number but gave her mine instead. What pissed me off is that Ginger was giving out numbers to other strippers. Anybody ever have this happen? Wouldn't you be pissed off? There is no frigging way I would answer such a text anyway. Did Maryanne (and Ginger) think I would? I mean, it could be Mrs Howell that shows up, or even the Skipper in drag LOL!

22 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah, sounds kinda fishy, but one can never underestimate many a stripper's logic and what makes sense to them
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    You mean grandkids or great-grandkids. They are in their 80's now!
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    @Papi - just the concept that a girl would pass your number to another dancer so she can try to OTC hookup with you. It just pisses me off that i gave my number to someone with some minimal level of trust and it is now possessed by, well, who knows?
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I too only give out my number when I am interested in setting up OTC. So I haven't given my number out to many. It's easy enough to ignore or even block them. Funny though a week ago I got a message on my land line answering machine from a dancer that I had not seen in 2 years. She was tumblingdice's ex fiancee. She said that she is going to quit stripping in April and just wanted to catch up. What for? She lives 200+ miles away. Any how it went unanswered.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Btw when I do give my number to a dancer I make sure to tell them to not write it on the shit house walls along with "For a good time cal......". :)
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Zillions of strippers have my number. I almost never "give it out", strippers only rarely initiate contact. But any time I like a stripper, I take her number so I can get her schedule and set up an appointment with her next time, and the moment I text her -- well, now, she has my number, too. goldmonger, my two thoughts are: 1. You are absolutely correct that it's a massive breach of trust. 2. Nevertheless, I think it's silly to be irritated or surprised by it... we all realize these are strippers, right? While it's a breach of trust, it's painfully naive (and that's the absolutely nicest words I could think of) to be surprised, and stripper-level poor judgement to give her your real number anyway
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’m guessing Ginger made a mistake and gave Maryann the wrong guys number. The wrong guy happened to be you. Why would Ginger intentionally give out your number (from 3-4 years ago)? Hopefully it’s a mistake on the part of a flaky stripper. I don’t see any reason for a dancer to purposefully give your number to another dancer. But, stripper logic is about as logical as a random number generator.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I started getting a bunch of random texts from women last summer. Thought it might have been a stripper that gave it out. Turned out it was a buddy who had my play number and was giving it out to women he didn't want to give his own number to. I wrote a quick auto-texting app and flooded him with a couple 100k of texts over a 2 day period. The random texts from women I didn't know stopped coming. ;-)
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’d definitely be angry if a buddy was giving out my play number to girls he deemed unworthy. Although, since my standards have always been beneath my friend’s standards, the girls might be right up my alley....
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Joc, remind me not to mess with you...technology is an awesome thing but scary in the wrong hands :)
  • JohnTitor
    7 years ago
    burner phone
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Maybe this will be the year i finish my auto-responder texting app. The trial version had a 2 day conversation with a stripper back during the summer before I got to a point where I had to take over. I started trying to modify it to handle SA texting, too, realized the basic structure need a more flexible design, landed a SB I'm happy with, and it went on the back burner.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    ^ before _it_ got to the point where I had to take over
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Yeah, I too have a burner ph I use for strip clubbing thus it would not have bothered me too much her giving out my # to another dancer - I actually would've probably intrigued as to who this other dancer was (in case she turned out to be hot)
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    I have represented a substantial number of strippers in Court so a lot of them have my office number. Never anything weird or improper. Nope, they pay the same as everyone else, just like we do with therm.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    This would be less of an issue if you got a burn phone app so your real number is never disclosed.
  • eyeofodin
    6 years ago
    Being a skeptic of all things SC related...... If those are the real names used, I'd say Ginger got busted hooking and the detective is having some fun with the numbers in her phone.
  • rockstar666
    6 years ago
    3 current dancers have my #. One wants to do OTC but so far I haven't set anything up. She's pretty hot so I might, but I'm being loyal to my g/f for now. One was stringing me along for OTC but ultimately didn't want to. I dumped her, but we've kissed and made up and she's a nice girl so no harm done. The last is my past and now current ATF. We've done OTC on her first go-round dancing, but I'm not sure that's still available as things have changed for her. I'm good either way. If a dancer I don't know wants to give me her # I'm fine, but she won't get mine until I do a background check on her #.
  • joewebber
    6 years ago
    I agree with EyeOfOdin. Ginger might have gotten busted, and her phone is being used for a sting.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I've only had one stripper give out my number to another stripper. She gave it to a girl she had seen me with before. It wasn't really an issue for me, I just responded back to the girl indicating I wasn't interested and we both moved on. I don't think I ever said anything to the girl who gave it out. A bigger issue has been mass/group texts. I had one girl text something like 50 guys asking if they wanted her to come over. Like 30 of them replied, some more than once. On the plus side, some of the PL'ness of the responses really made me feel better about myself and were quite amusing. It was my GV number and I have notifications off for that, so I didn't notice the whole episode until a day later and only read a portion of the chat before I got bored. I usually start out using my gv#, then if we get beyond the basics of just setting up an appointment I'll give her my regular number or turn on contact specific notifications for her. I've never had one that I've given my real number to give me any real reason to stop.
  • JackScott
    6 years ago
    It could have been a mistake. I am looking at this from the perspective of my IT consulting business. I'd never give my client's phone number to a competitor. I wouldn't even give their number out if I didn't want to service their account anymore.
  • DR99
    6 years ago
    I did give out my number to dancers but thank god most of them were pretty respectable with it. I never had it blowing up for stupid shit.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion