tuscl

Recycling

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Saw a guy get thrown out for this. Fair or unfair?

There was a wasted girl on stage with a fairly full garter. A guy went up and pulled out the garter to put in a dollar. Three other dollars fell out. The guy picked picked them up and went to replace them. More fell out. He probably tipped 20 times on that one dollar investment. this was at a club where the girl would bend over or otherwise spread'em for a second in response to a tip. I think the girl was so wasted she did not realize the guy was tipping her with her own dollars. A bouncer came over and walked the guy to the door.

20 comments

• wildbourbon
    7 years ago
    I don't think he deserved to be thrown out for his first offense...even though this is incredibly cheap and stupid. It's no wonder why many strippers are jaded with customers like this.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    The customer was acting a bit stupid. If a dollar fell out - as he attempted to put his dollar in her garter - it’s a fair mistake - and it’s no harm no foul. When he perpetuated the stupidity by tipping the dancer with dollars falling out of her garter - he was in the wrong - and he shouldn’t have done it. Since he was walked out - in a reasonable manner - it’s a reasonable way to bounce him.

The dancer shouldn’t be on stage - if she was too wasted to be aware of her situation. If a customer was able to fool her - then she might lose even more of her money when she gets off stage and tries to count it in the back.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    What club was Rick at?
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Oh, is that the "system"?
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Sometimes inexperienced SCers make mistakes b/c they're unaware of proper SC etiquette; in cases like that a warning is appropriate.

But what this guy did was not due ro inexperience but more like being a douche and if one acts like a douche and takes advantage then there's reason to toss him out IMO - he had to know what he was doing was wrong and he just got caught.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Was he really trying to fool her or was he just putting back what fell out to be nice? If she rewarding the "being nice" by staying near him, that's up to her.

Now, if he was CAUSING the bills to fall out on purpose, then just move him away from the stage. Not something to kick him out for unless he was an habitual offender.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    I don't know the back story, but he at first seemed to be just replacing dollars that fell out. But at some point you have to realize the way to are working that garter is causing them to fall.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Was this Oasis or Tattletales? I've seen three people get kicked out of Oasis in last 5 weeks for no apparent reason, so they seem to have a quick trigger these days.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Oasis, good guess. It was that big bouncer with the ponytail.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Oh God, he's the one who doesn't like me. But, apparently he's been told to stop hassling customers, cause he stared right at me while I was grabbing a dancer's butt and he didn't come over and scold me.

I also saw 2 dancers sitting on guys laps and he clearly saw them and didnt do anything.

We gotta meet up at Oasis soon. Got any plans for the Falcons game Saturday night?
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Fair
  • Liwet
    7 years ago
    "We gotta meet up at Oasis soon."

Why are you rewarding the club that doesn't treat you well?
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I've had a love/hate relationship with Oasis for at least 20 years now. Not all the bouncers are assholes, and the one who is has been kind of tame lately.

I try to reward the club as little as possible, while rewarding the dancers that I like whenever I can.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Perhaps I nuts, but I read this differently. I was under the impression that the money fell out (has happened to me) and he gave it back. That's what I did. Picked it up INFORMED the dancer and gave it to her. Now if he acted as if he was just keeping on tipping her, douche city!
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    He would tip, knock a couple out, tip those, knock more out, tip those, knock more out, etc. He could have gone on all day. I will give you once or twice (it has happened to me) but after the second time you are darn careful to put it in the garter without dislodging any more bills.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    gold,

That goes directly to my point. Helpful or asshole?
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I'm a little confused. Just because you knock out a few bills from a garter doesn't mean much. As long as the money is on the stage, it still belongs to the dancer. Is he removing the money from the stage and putting it back on the rail when the girl goes away, because you can get kicked out just for doing that. Or was the girl so drunk and stupid that she'd just walk to her pile on the stage and let the guy tip her from that?
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @dirk at this club, tips go in a garter which most girls wear around their thigh, some around an ankle, and a few around a wrist. If someone leaves money on the stage floor (there is no rail), a bouncer or the sweeper dude (those that know Oasis - how does sweeper dude compare with bathroom attendant on the SC hierarchy?) will swoop by pretty quickly to pick it up and move it out of the way. I've been told it's for dancer safety, but imagine that it also helps prevent people from picking it up as they walk by (which I've actually seen other dancers do).
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Fair. Handling a lot of the stripper's cash over an extended period strikes me the same as reaching into the door girl's tip jar to make your own change for 20s. Most businesses have pretty strict rules around who is allowed to handle other people's money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion