tuscl

Are you as cheap in the club as you are in real life?

Or vice versa, as you might be "cheaper" in one place. For me definitely IRL. Once i'm ITC, i'm generally much more generous and free spending, although i still don't spend much at all on drinks or "companionship" or just a dancer's time. I really only pay for services, preferably quality services. But IRL, i'm always trying to buy stuff on sale or clearance in stores or online, although sometimes the money you really save is the money you don't spend at all. I'll use grocery apps and gasbuddy, trying to buy gas early in the week before the usual price change. If i waste a dollar needlessly IRL, it bothers me almost to the point of of preoccupation.

But in the club i'm prepared and willing to spend hundreds (even many hundreds) of dollars without much regret, worry or concern. The only real concern is that i get what i pay for. As long as that happens, it's a good night and i'm ready to do it again. If i don't get anything close to what i had hoped for but paid for it anyway, which is a rarer occurrence these days, then i'm a bit or quite a bit more upset over wasting money and i try to figure out how it happened and resolve not to have that happen again. But even then i don't stress too much and i'm ready to try again.

The thing is i hear about TUSCLers "complaining" about valet fees, bathroom trolls, waitress ROBs in terms of tipping. Not that those are unimportant. Sometimes it really is about principles (although most people that say that seen to really care more about the money). But in my case, all those things are such a small fraction (like less than 10% and maybe closer to 1%) of what i spend that night that i don't really notice it; it's just negligible. All those things combined for me usually come out to well under $20. Maybe i could have had one more dance, maybe; dances tend to cost more, not including tip, in my neck of the woods.

I don't want to come off in a certain way, but it's kind of like people that don't tip well or much at all ever at fairly expensive restaurants. It's one thing if you have bad service, but if you can't afford to tip on top of an expensive bill, you probably shouldn't be eating there. If you're going to worry about how much it costs rather than enjoying yourself, then it's probably better to stay home or go somewhere where it won't bother you so much. If you don't think it's worth it, don't go there.

I am oversimplifying though; there are many reasons anyone could be unsatisfied and upset especially when money's concerned. Or maybe they have to hide the money that they spend from someone else and that hidden amount is very limited. As i've mentioned in other discussions, dives, mid-tier clubs and high end clubs all cost about the same to me in terms of dances (around $20-30 each), so the price/value isn't that different until you factor in quality of dancers and experience, in which case the ATF is at a high end club providing me with the preferred experience that i can't really get anywhere else regardless of cost. Maybe it's the way i spend money ITC, but the high end club isn't really more expensive per minute of quality experience. It's just harder to find that quality experience for me to be willing to pay for at the "cheaper" places.

But i've digressed enough already. Are your spending habits/personality different in the club?

31 comments

• ppwh
    7 years ago
    It's about even. Anything OTC that says grass-fed, I'm paying a premium for. I'll drive across town to get the discounted soda mixer for my whiskey, though. ITC, I always tip the troll and am friendly with him. A few bucks won't kill me. A few bucks tipping the door girl gets me out of the cover, so that is actually beneficial. If a bartender changes a large bill for me, I tip her a few because it would feel shabby to make a display of dollars and then tip her like my food stamps were running low.

I'm all over the whiskey Wednesday specials, though, and any club that lets me in free is definitely in the rotation when I'm bored and it seems unlikely but possible that it might be worth a visit.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ Interesting, i've never gotten out of paying cover by tipping the door girl (dude). I have gotten out of paying cover by being a repeat customer to the point that i'm recognized as a well-spending regular, but even that doesn't happen at most clubs.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I'm not 100% sure that it's the tip to the door girl that gets me out of the cover. It feels like the right thing to do to give her a bigger tip than if I had to pay the advertised charge, though.
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    In real life, I'm very fiscally conservative. I do tend to tip cute waitresses well but otherwise I"m pretty thrifty. ITC, I don't drink much and do get irritated at parking fees, tips to the cashier, etc. However, when a really pretty girl starts playing with me, I become an ATM machine. That's why I like TUSCL. It tells me what I need to pay to get what I want.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    This is an insightful question. I’m not as frugal otc as I was when I was younger. When I’m itc I spend more freely. I basically spend what I bring to a club. I don’t piss money away. I think the clubs I frequent are a bit less upscale - as most don’t have a cover - they don’t have a bathroom attendant - no door girl either. So I save on tips for those folks. I avoid buying drinks for dancers too. Unless I really find a good vibe with a dancer - and I want to catch up on life - I will save my money for dances.

After getting laid off in mid 2017 - I re-examined my finances - and thought about things - and decided that life is too short to lament each purchase - so I’ve been spending a bit more otc. I’m not making crazy purchases - but I’m enjoying things a bit more.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    No i dont think so. If i am its only towards non-dancer staff and costs. I dont try to be though.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I'm definitely cheaper IRL.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Being fiscally conservative yet socially liberal I watch what I spend on periphals but I usually am quite liberal with those gals that make me happy and I’m not afraid to use my money as a tool to get what I want.
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    I have expensive tastes but I look for value in whatever I buy. From what I've read here I'd say my limit on club spending is below the average of most of you but I've received really good value from some very hot dancers and because of that I never get desperate and often pass on offers that I get.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Definite cheaper in real life, otherwise I’d never walk through the door of a club.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    The thing is i've always been pretty frugal, so it's not as if i'm being more frugal so i can enjoy things more ITC. Also money's been a little bit better for me and i have little to no debt besides a very manageable mortgage that should be paid off early in a few years, i find i can be more generous IRL in general and enjoy the "finer" things as they say. I've always been more generous when i've had money as well. I'm still all about the value though. And i've never really been about having and accumulating "stuff".
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i'm cheap in real life.
    and in the club... quite the opposite.
    no better use of money than to have a most excellent experience!
    (and hopefully she uses that money for improvement of herself, her kids, her future.)
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Cheap in real life, in the club not cheap at all.
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    It's a mixed bag for me. For the basics (groceries, gas, etc) I will look for a deal whenever I can find one. For example, it's not unusual for me to stop at three different stores for groceries in the same week based on who has what on sale and in my mind it is worthwhile to try the generic brands to save money.

With higher end items like electronics or a new suit I'm willing to spend more to get a better quality. However, I spend a ton of time researching and comparison shopping to make sure I am actually getting my money's worth. I also generally avoid getting electronics when they first come out until the price has dropped at least once and there have been enough reviews over time to ensure no major issues (i.e. Samsung's exploding battery).

But with entertainment (including strip clubs) I am more willing to part with my money as long as it means having a great time. I have no regrets about spending five times as much to get a great seat instead of a cheap seat at a ballgame or concert. Same goes for the strip club, I have no problem spending money on a vip instead of regular lapdances as long as she is worth it.
  • JamesSD
    7 years ago
    I'm a little looser with my money at the club than real life, but I am a value shopper everywhere.
  • AnonymousJim
    7 years ago
    I'm far looser with money at the club than I am in real life. You pay for quality, and at the club, I want quality. Real life? Don't care. I drive a hoopty. Live in a decent place now, but kinda miss the tiny, messy apartment I used to live in. Save that cash for the club, man.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    I am definitely cheaper in real life than in the club, although I think I could have got away with the cheaper apartment the guy at my local real estate office showed me instead of the one I am actually in.
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    It is a mixed bag for me. I am not cheap, but I detest overpaying or getting ripped off as a matter of principle. I'll spend good money clubbing, but something relatively meaningless, like a club trying to charge me a few bucks for a tap water back (on top of my alcohol) will piss me off to no end. I'll gladly splurge on high end steaks for the grill, but then carefully shop out the staple meats and certain other items. I spend a lot of money on travel each year, but don't feel good on any trip where I didn't score a great room for a deal.

So for me it is about return of value. It doesn't matter how much I make, I can't shake off the need to ensure that I'm getting proper return on what I spend.
  • Jigman
    7 years ago
    I've very cheap in real life but only because I have to be since I spend all my money on my ATF.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ Mah man!
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    I just don't understand people that pay full price for almost everything. What do you call those people? Poor? Foolish? It's just wasting money. Yet i see it so often. There's a grocery chain where the checkout screen is tilted in a way that anyone can see what the customer in front is paying (about five feet in front of the screen is the credit card terminal) and below the total it shows how much they are saving (store sales, discounts, coupons, etc. combined). The majority of customers in front of me aren't using the store app and have 0-15% savings. When it's my turn and i see that i "saved" over 50%, i'm not thinking i got some great deals but thinking the store almost ripped me off by that much. Yes, certain staples are almost never on sale, but i still try to get a good price, and some people are slaves to certain brands (mostly heavily processed foods), but some foods (like produce or eggs or meat) aren't really that different unless you care about stuff like organic or cage free or some stuff like that.

Same thing with online shopping. Do people even use the price sorter? I do care about average ratings and reviews though (kind of like TUSCL although i'm talking mostly about Amazon). But it's easy to compare prices as well as see if they're applying any discount.

Unfortunately, i can't really bring this philosophy to the strip club. The price is the price, although it is open to negotiation, but this haggling mentality tends to be a drag on the experience for both parties, and i go in already understanding what i think a good experience is worth and am willing to pay it. Still wary of the ROBs though. But if i waste $30 on a bad dance or worse, it bothers me but i'm over it quickly, but IRL if i waste the same amount on say a parking ticket or credit card late fee, that just pisses me off and it takes me much longer to get over it. It really does feel like working for nothing and pissing money away.

There are just certain risks that aren't completely avoidable at the SC that you accept as the potential cost of doing business.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    like many of you, i'm much more looser with my money in the club. i'm the type of person who likes experiences much more than materialistic things.

who dey's last paragraph is exactly how i am
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    I'm way cheaper IRL than I am ITC. It's not even close. I typically bring $400 to $600 to the club and I leave with nothing in my pockets. And I often hit the ATM for seconds. But in real life, I'm frugal. I tip about 15% in a restaurant for good service. My phone is 4 years old, my laptop is over 7 years old, and I have no plan to buy new ones. I clip and print coupons and I always try to get the best deal that I can, down to the last penny. I research big purchases for weeks and always wait for a sale if possible. I never buy new technology right away; in fact, I don't even own a smart tv and I won't buy one until my current tube tv breaks down. I use the Gasbuddy app to try to find the best deal on gas along my route. The other day I ran out of gas and couldn't make it to the cheaper location, and it pretty much pissed me off for the rest of the day that I had to pay 3 cents more to fill up. I shop at wholesale clubs and discount chains for almost all my routine purchases, and I try to buy store-brands as much as I can. I never pay extra for organic food, grass fed, cage-free, etc. I believe non-GMO food is a scam and I won't pay extra for it. My pair of glasses cost about $700 but I've had them for over 5 years and I have no plan to buy new ones until they break or until I need new lenses; I have a spare pair that is over 10 years old, too. I try to buy high-end trims of low-end cars, and I care a lot about fuel economy. I never lease, and I try to keep a car for at least 10 years. But I pay what I have to for pussy.

@theDirkDiggler, what kind of store apps will save you 50% on groceries?
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    I will spend more in a strip club than an IRL night on the town, but in the strip club it is almost a guaranteed score. For a super hottie I would spend $400 on a FS VIP at a higher end club, no problem. I have made the same offer to hotties at IRL bars and it has never ended well.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    ^ haha
  • Bavarian
    7 years ago
    Like Meat said, cheap IRL so I can get thru the strip club door. I am only cheap with material things. I tip well for services.
  • Bavarian
    7 years ago
    Great topic by the way
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    @BurlingtonHoFactory
    The store apps themselves don't save 50% or so. Every week and even on certain days of the week there are always sales going on. The apps only apply digital coupons to certain items that might not be on sale although i try to coordinate the coupons (i don't use too many paper coupons) with the weekly sales for maximum savings. But on the receipt it will say how much i saved from weekly promotions, app discounts and coupons. The promotions are usually by far the biggest portion of the savings. A lot of the time, the sale price will be about half or even less than half of the regular price. I try to take advantage of those sales the most and try to time my purchases based on sales over multiple stores. While i have seen people probably just go to one store with a list and probably a preferred brand and just shop off that list with not a single item on sale when very similar items (just different brand or even the same brand but slightly different item or size of the item) were on sale. That's all that i meant. Even with "50%" savings, i'm still spending well over $200 a month mostly on myself, so it doesn't really feel like i saved that much. But you can bet where that other $300 that i didn't get ripped off on is going that month ;)
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Definitely a lot cheaper IRL. If I never made an exception for strip clubs, might have never visited because of cover charges or the high cost of beer. I tend to negotiate deals on occasion. I've had more than one dancer say I'm a good businman when it comes to getting good deals on lap dances. I once talked someone at little Caesars into matching a competitors cut rate pizza price and deliver a pizza when they typically didn't deliver.

I recently got my satellite bill dropped from 189 a month down to 25 for one month and only 106 going forward and I only dropped one channel after talking up a deal. Getting two sets of movie channels for free for 6 months. Threatened to drop the phone company and am getting 3 or 4 discounts. Might still go with a less expensive option. Found out my phone p,an allows hot spots and dropped a data only 30 a month plan. All those monthly expenses really add up.
    Maybe when I'm a multi millionaire, I will stop caring that much if I'm wasting a little bit of extra money each month. I like getting a great deal.

I watched a show on tv called extreme penny pinchers or something. Some people resorted to saving a few bucks by searching for supposedly good food thrown out in garbage dumpsters or limiting toilet paper per day per person by only alotting a few pieces of toilet paper per day. Crazy. Makes all normal people look rich and possibly wasteful. However I am willing to pay for food safety and will not search for food in a dumpster and want everyone in my house to be clean so I won't skip what I consider to be necessities. Maybe the show was extreme cheapskates.

I had a boss that never paid for cable or satellite. He had a big antennae up in his attic. If you are happy with less services, the more you can save and retire early. I see nothing wrong with that.

When I visit strip clubs, I routinely tip 2 dollars as a stage tip and sometimes spend 5 or 7 with tip just for a single beer. I can buy almost 6 for that price at the grocery store. If I applied normal budgets or normal value to strip clubs, I'd probably never visit unless beer was one dollar , cover charges were free and lap dances were only 5 bucks and a stage tip was typically a quarter and making it rain involved 8 quarters raining down on a stripper.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I'm frugal in some areas so that I can be more generous in others. I spend my money when it comes to fun and safety (applicable in or out of strip clubs).

I don't get worked up over door fees, waitress / bartender tipping, etc. Pick your battles.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > The other day I ran out of gas and couldn't make it to the cheaper location, and it pretty much pissed me off for the rest of the day that I had to pay 3 cents more to fill up.

I had something like this happen the other week. I made a point of going to the cheapest place for gas and ended up giving more than the savings to a panhandler I felt sorry for who approached me at the pump.

> When I visit strip clubs, I routinely tip 2 dollars as a stage tip and sometimes spend 5 or 7 with tip just for a single beer. I can buy almost 6 for that price at the grocery store. If I applied normal budgets or normal value to strip clubs, I'd probably never visit unless beer was one dollar , cover charges were free and lap dances were only 5 bucks and a stage tip was typically a quarter and making it rain involved 8 quarters raining down on a stripper.

Well, that's until after slaying Wal-Mart, Dollar General shifts its focus to the Deja Vu chain of strip clubs! It could be cool if they sell a pack of 80 mini-parachutes for the quarter rain showers in black-light reactive rain-themed design for $2 and for the gentlemen with an impatient nature, $4 lap dance guards (This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion