tuscl

Driving up I-95 from Florida to Massachusetts

Need info on the best places to stop. Strip clubs, adult bookstores, arcades, theaters....etc.

21 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    South of the Border also known as Pedro’s Place.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’ve traveled that route several times - and I’ve avoided clubbing every time. There are several clubs that can be seen from I 95 - but I’ve never stopped at one.

Wow! I’ve got more control than I expected!
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    The trick is....

You don't stop LMFAO
  • krilisfel
    7 years ago
    Wow....impressed by the comedians that are on this site.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    If you need real advise go pay your therapist this board is nothing but one big joke
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    That's not a great stretch for clubs, especially since VA is the midpoint if you are looking to break the trip into two reasonable days. I've made the same trip several times and the only stop I've really enjoyed was Trophy in Florence SC, but that leaves a lot of road ahead for the next day. I sampled the Fayetteville NC club scene once and it kinda' sucked. I do enjoy the Baltimore scene, but that means a long day of driving on Day 1, especially with the shitty traffic around DC (which is unavoidable).

Idk, but I generally agree with Juice. Nowadays I most often leave at 3 am and just keep driving until I get there. If I was heading up to MA, I would most likely save my SC budget for the clubs in Providence, which are better than anything you will find en route.
  • K
    7 years ago
    Playhouse in burlington , nj.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Like I said South of the Border as per Rick Dugan that’s Florence SC
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    I would stop at the Inner Room Cabaret and then drive straight through to Pleasant Moments in Bridgeport CT for a low cost bj. Save some semen for Providence.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Club Desire in Providence, RI.
  • Darkblue999
    7 years ago
    Club Risque on delware,philadelphia..right off 95
    Delilahs,Philadelphia
    Play house Burlginton,NJ
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Yeah, it's a bit of a drive off I-95 to the Inner Room, but it's worth it. I like Cocoa Beach, it's a pleasant stop. I recommend eating dinner at Branos Restaurant on the main drag. Papi Chulo mentioned it as a good place to eat. He's right !! My scallops dinner was delicious !!
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    There's some good advice on this thread. I'm told that the clubs in New England, Baltimore, and Florida itself are probably your best bets. But that leaves lots of space in between. Do not stop in Virginia unless you like pasties and air dances. There are probably some good clubs in the Carolinas, with lots of hot white-trash ass, but definitely not the tourist traps that have billboards along the I-95 corridor. If you can make a quick detour to Atlanta or West Virginia, you may find it worth your while. I stopped at Wackos in Jacksonville on my last road trip and had a blast. In my area, I second the recommendation for The Playhouse Lounge in Burlington, NJ. Also, the Carnival Bookstore in Brooklawn, NJ, and The Ballpark Tavern in Levittown, PA (if your lungs can handle all the cigarette smoke).

Other than that, if you want good value, stay at a Hampton Inn and eat at a Cracker Barrel. You're welcome.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Depends where in FL you are - FL is a long-ass state - but yeah in FL Wackos in Jacksonville is worth a stop as well as Cocoa Beach east of Orlando (in; Cocoa Beach Inner Room dayshift and Lido nigthshift - no extras but good-mileage topless dances).

In Atlanta Follies dayshift (b/f 7 pm) and Cheetah nighshift (no contact at Cheetah but very nice club to chill at w/ very-nice eye-candy) - not sure how far-away form 95 it would be to get to these two places.

Other than that Providence, RI as has been mentioned.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    "South of the Border also known as Pedro’s Place."

Lol. We just passed that place an hour ago on the way South!
  • knight_errant
    7 years ago
    Always been curious about Go Go Rama in Laurence Harbor, New Jersey and Johnny A's Hitching Post in Paterson. Depending on how far you are willing to detour, Electric Blue in Tolland, CT is good for hi mi/extras (and Pleasant Moments in Bridgeport for $60 fs). And of course, Providence.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @BHF there ain’t no quick detour on I95 to Atlanta I bet it’s 6 hours drive at the closest point.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    From I95 to the hitching post - it shouldn’t be a major detour. Maybe a 20 minute trip from the turnpike. It should be well worth the trip.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @knight_errant,

As has been discussed in the past, the Go-Go Rama is the place with the deli-counter system where patrons literally take a number to reserve their girl of choice. Personally, I find the girls to be better looking than average but it's also a very low-mileage club.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @twentyfive,

Probably. I've never been to Atlanta, but after hearing so much about it on this board, I would like to visit.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Was there any agreement on where people would stop on a drive from Central FL to MA if doing a 2 or 3 day trip?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion