tuscl

A suggestion and possibly something for founder

Clubber
Florida
Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:57 PM
Ignore is a great feature, as would be an edit feature, but it would also be nice to be able to ignore an entire topic. Thoughts?

45 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Clubber - one way is just to put the originator of the topic on ignore.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    Or just don't click on it to start with. Alternative. Founder could add a feature where discussion topics have categories. Politics, religion, strip clubs, cars, stock market, business, sex, money, site questions, new stripper questions. Then with a category selected, founder could add the option to ignore categories. Not sure how many would like that or costs associated with it. Might be nice to sort by it. Of course I don't know how many stay on topic.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Alternative: @Founder could implement a machine-learning algorithm to automatically ban boring and humorless members who start threads like this one.
  • londonguy
    7 years ago
    Great idea Rick, only problem is the trolls would post on every almost every discussion irrespective of the category.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Yo, @clubber! If such a feature were added, could we expect you, every couple of months or to posts threads praise the ignore topic thread, and to post how many topics are own your ignore list?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Ignore is for pussies that can’t deal with anything they don’t like Head on over to Stripper Web it’s safer there.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    You can use the scroll feature to ignore topics you don’t like.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Definition of txtittydumbass/Douchesersuckingdick: Psychologically deformed chump who sucks dick bad, is often beaten by his custies. Note the big scab on his lips. That's herpies. LMAO
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    25 posted: "Ignore is for pussies that can’t deal with anything they don’t like Head on over to Stripper Web it’s safer there." In a place where underachieving basement dwellers can effectively overrun a discussion board, no doubt compensating for a lack of any importance or impact in the real world, the ignore feature is vital. Unlike the real world, on the Internet, the only thing one needs to have an outsized influence is a large amount of free time and nothing more useful to do. Now with that said, I keep meaning to add the vincemichels troll to my ignore list, but I'm almost ashamed to admit that I can't stop chuckling at some of the posts. It's not right of me to say that, especially after years of having my own special bitch troll tailing me around this place, but there it is. I can't get the phrase "I served my country in other ways" out of my head, which really blew up any empathy I might have otherwise felt.
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    Give em the MackTruck dump amload
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @vinceygirl: Let me see here. You are the one who has twice now openly admitted to being a pedophile but you are calling other people "psychologically deformed"? You truly have sub-Neanderthal intelligence.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @txtittyfag: Agree. In fact, in light of that I'm going to try my best to have a self imposed moratorium on calling RickyBoy a fag until Jan 31, 2018 so I can focus energies on getting that pedophile vinceygirl michaels off the board instead. Can't guarantee it: RickyBoy could flare up and act like such a massive faggot that there is no choice but to deal with him, but hoping for the best.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    The ability to edit your own posts would be abused immediately. So... no.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc, I know that, but there are topics that are fine, but they get taken over and just waste space and time to sort through them.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Rick, You think this crowd would be able to discern where to post? :)
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    25, Or perhaps have better things to do with their retirement time then wade through troll excrement. Example: Since I posted this topic and now, there were 19 comments counted. When I looked, I saw 9. What does that tell me? Better than 50% that commented were already flagged as troll waste.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Bj, "Scroll feature". Are you talking about just a typical scroll or something more? If the former, that is what I would like to replace. What I'd like is that when I go to "DISCUSSIONS" I see that 10 or so I am following and not have to weed through dozens.
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    7 years ago
    You can have an upvote feature on discussions. And on the tooltip show who all have upvoted the discussion. Also needed would be sort by upvoted & date-range combination.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Clubber The comment by the trolls say more about them then any reply that I care to post it doesn’t take me very much time to bypass what I don’t care to read maybe when I retire I’ll feel differently. If you want to ignore anyone go ahead but postings about who I have on ignore is just trolling under the holier than thou guise.
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    What if you're gay? Can you ignore non-faggits who aren't up to you're homoerotic expectations?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Yes but posting that you have so and so or a hundred so and so’s on ignore is like hiding behind mamas skirt and sticking your tongue out kinda childish I’d say.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    That makes more sense. You originally said you wanted a way to ignore topics, not that you wanted a way to find the topics you are following. Many discussion boards do have a feature that notifies you if there are new comments on a certain discussion.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    What I've started doing to find threads I've participated in, which closely but not perfectly aligns to those I'm interested in, is going to my profile/comments page. For example, Clubber's is here: [view link] It shows you the OP & your comment in a thread with a link to the full discussion. As far as ignore being for pussies, I ignore a fair amount of folks. I used to not mind so much when it was just a couple of threads, but when they started bumping/starting enough threads where I had to go a couple pages deep to find anything I found it easier to just ignore them. It's just a matter of laziness to me. I'd prefer not to have to goto multiple pages. If that means I'm a pussy, that's fine. I don't really have a problem with them doing it. If they derive entertainment from it, good for them.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Good points as far as ignore being for pussies I agree I should have said using your ignore list to troll is for pussies.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    To echo 25's comments, its common sense that most people don't even log into the site to view the discussions, so what's the point of broadcasting to everyone who/how/why you're using the ignore feature, or at least even bother with using it. They probably still see them anyway, imo.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    About edit features, some trolls will post provocative stuff, and then delete it after it has been responded to. As it is now, you can always post a corrective, if the original has something wrong. SJG
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    The point is to hurt the feelings of those mean trolls, who.. umm actually want to upset you.. And to simultaneously show how above it all you are and get some attention. :)
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    25, "... it doesn’t take me very much time to bypass what I don’t care to read...". ANY time is to much time. All I am asking is that when I login, the only topics displayed are old ones I read or new. Has nothing to do with trolls other than they often take over decent topics. "...maybe when I retire I’ll feel differently...", if you are human, you will. Never met anyone that hasn't. "...postings about who I have on ignore...". Only when asked, my friend, only when asked. And yes, I AM holier than trolls.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Meat, Interesting that you know why most everyone is going to log in. Quite the soothsayer.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I've never admitted to being a pedophile, dumbass Douchester licking my asscrack as I take a massive dump into your mouth. Dream on, faggot super sub sub sub pre Neanderthal asswipe. ROTFLMMFAO
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^ Bj99, not quite sure what you are saying. People troll in different ways, and some is just by trying to gain attention. And some just want to pull everyone down to their level. I believe that this second type is the most common here. Many trolls post stuff which has no basis in fact, but others who come along and read it might not know this. But having an edit feature could open up new avenues for trouble making. Whereas just expecting people to post correctives should not. SJG
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Hey Clubber, I don't want to invest the time to search for it, but I believe Founder provided statistical data that proves the majority of website hits were done without people logging on, and it was by a very wide margin. Not even a guy like Roy Moore could close the differences in that poll.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @vinceygirl: So are you denying you said "A woman is a woman regardless of her age." (In the to context of discussing underaged girls.) Are you also denying you said "Everyone and I do mean everyone is attracted to a pretty girl". (Again in the context of discussing underage girls). We have more than enough to roast you with, @vinceygirl. Do not confuse the fact that I am not choosing right now to go all out with the possibility that I won't. It will happen. And you will be gone from this board. Enjoy your numbered days here, you piece of shit.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I don't have to deny anything, fag. You don't frighten me in the least, dipshit. I'll be here forever. Open your mouth, dickbreath. MackTruck's fleet of 25 trucks rolled up with full loads of shit for you to gag on. Eat up, bitch !!!!!!!!!! LMAO
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Thanks for admitting you did say those things. Even more to roast you with. I'd recommend you leave the board voluntarily before we have to make your statements which prove you are a pedophile known to all of TUSCL.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Meat, You sort of just proved my point. Thanks. If they DO NOT log in, they can't pollute the discussions. DUH!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I admitted nothing, Douchesterthedicksucker/txtittyfagcreep. You, pissant, twist my words into one of your fantasies, as sucking our dicks doesn't bring the joy you desperately crave. Suck the toejam off between my toes, fag. LMAO
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Clubber really? That's what your going with? According to your thinking I will assume you're related to SJG. Inability to follow logic. I'm sure your the type that is a loner with low emotional intelligence, even in grade school if someone called you a name you had to run screaming to the teacher, playing the victim and looking like a hero calling out someone on the playground. Founder even stated those that use the ignore feature were the same ones hitting the website without logging on, which proves my point that you still read the comments that you "supposedly" have on ignore. Looks like retirement has kept your brain pretty dull, i.e. SJG style.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    meat, Oh my, I must have hit a sore spot. Such vitriol. BTW, use [view link] to look up "vitriol". BTW2, I do enjoy tweaking some that I think will show their mental instability. Again: [view link]
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Again replicating true SJG style wit, Clubber has to get his last word in, for whatever it's worth (more for himself than anyone else). And posting links like SJG does is truly creepy as fuck.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    meat, Let me try to understand your "logic". You say, "Clubber has to get his last word in...", YET, since I started the topic, it seems you are the one replying and the one trying to get in the last word, "...for whatever it's worth...". Sad, very sad. Pity is a word that enters my mind for you. I now will turn this topic over to you since you turned it into a pissing contest. Enjoy!
  • rickdugan
    7 years ago
    VM, as much as I hate to feed your doppelganger troll, he wasn't the one who yearned for the return of 14 year olds in swimsuits or said that he'd fuck Stallone's 14 year old daughter. That was all you and, frankly, as a father to girls (including a pre-teen), I find your posts to be very disturbing. it is more than a little disturbing. Maybe you should stop trying to defend the indefensible and just put the the trolls on ignore. If history is any teacher, they should get tired of trolling you in about a decade. Oh yeah, and in the future maybe you should steer clear of threads that discuss young teen girls.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Since, @vinceygirl, you like to pretend I'm the only one who has a probably with your pedophilia, but nobody who has read your comments has had any sympathy toward you. It a huge range of people from across TUSCL who think you are a piece of shit. Some of them like me, some don't. But one thing is clear: nobody has yet said anything favorable about your comments. You can curse and talk tough all you want, your comments speak for themselves and won't change that.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Lol! SJG and Clubber make a good pair. My point proven several folds.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    This thread is like troll flypaper...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion