tuscl

$9800 at a Club in One Night!

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
We had a salesman where I work "disappear" early this week. I just learned it was because he took two guys from a customer to the Oasis in ATL. Just him and the two other guys. He managed to charge $9800 to his company Amex. $9800!!! How does one spend $9800 for three guys to have an enormously good time at a strip club?

Trying to imagine...

Three girls to VIP for let's say three hours each. Typical rates at Oasis would be $200-300 per half hour. Even overpaying $800 per girl per hour, that is only $7200. The other $2600 on drinks and tips and lappers to find the right girls?

What's the most ridiculous amount you have ever heard someone spending? Celebrities don't count.

18 comments

• joc13
    7 years ago
    I may have been there the night this happened. Thought I saw something going on. They really accomplished something considering Oasis doesn't do CC charged funny money for buying table dances with. May have worked out something special with the club.

Anyway - back in late 80s to mid 90s, I signed several 5-figure checks for large groups. About $1000 per person was the unofficial limit on what we could spend "entertaining" clients/visiting dignitaries.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I remember about 20 years ago, my wife telling me that her girl friends husband got arrested for DUI and was in jail on Christmas eve. A few days later she found out that he had put $2,000+ on one of their credit cards that Christmas Eve at a strip club.

The two of them came to me and asked how it was possible for a guy to spend that much. I played dumb but next they wanted me to take both of them to that club so that they could both see what went on there. I managed to duck that one. Funny but both of us guys eventually wound up divorced. :)
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    No shit, Sherlock. They got divorced. It was probably one of the happiest time in his life.
  • rogertex
    7 years ago
    Man I don't wanna do business with your company - I get it why your products are overpriced !!!

Kidding aside - Napa Cabernet costs over $400 a bottle. Strip club can easily charge $800. This booze is addictive. Customers being entertained can be such slobs!
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Well, the customer is worth about 4 million a year :-)
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Back in 2013 a guy in Columbia SC won 400 million in the lottery and elected to stay anonymous. However the word did slip out a little. He was a regular at the Platinum Plus strip club. Funny though that I heard from several dancers that he did not change his spending habits inside the club one bit.
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    @goldmongerATL
    Can any of that be billed as a reimbursable back to the client. Though on a much smaller scale, there are times where we bill dinners out back to the client, especially if the client requests the dinner meeting but we end up paying for it. Otherwise, I would assume any proposals your company creates for these clients, should you land them, amortize the costs of the SC visit back into the proposal/service.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Damn $2500 per guy. I’ve never spent that much even when I was as new and getting regularly ripped off.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    In my view - it’s easy to spend that amount - if you don’t keep track of what’s hitting your card. Think about it - you have a group of dancers at your table - you buy a few bottles - and food - and you are over a thousand before things get going. Once guys start taking girls to private rooms - the money jumps up quickly! It’s about $3300 a guy - and if a guy opened a tab with a corporate card - the club knows how to push the numbers up!
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    a few years ago... when i was hooked on vegas... i enjoyed spending $6000 for myself with the ladies at hustler. twice. krazy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Not that hard to spend a lot when it's someone else's $$$
  • samsung1
    7 years ago
    There are bottles of champagne that cost 9800
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    My ATF told me of one night when 4 guys came in to her club after a Patriots game. After a few drinks they took 6 dancers up to four champagne rooms for 2 hours. They had a waitress bringing $250 bottles of champagne as fast as they could drink them. They paid cash and gave each girl $1200. The rooms were $175 per hour, the girls alone were $7200 and the booze must have been a few thousand. One of the guys is the co-owner of a large company that advertises on sports talk radio and whether he had clients or friends he had to have spent over $10,000 that night. There was a lot of cocaine being snorted up in the CR’s wjth one girl snorting lines off some guy’s dick so I’m sure there was a lot of sucking and fucking going on. If you’ve got it flaunt it, I guess.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    $10k for the avg joe is undoable, but there are guys out there who aren't avg joes and not only have a lot of $$$ but continuously make a lot of $$$
  • JackKash
    7 years ago
    ^^^Ah,, Papi, but we can dream, we can dream!
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I think at my club, both guys would have to pay the club’s hourly rate for the room also. But that shouldn’t put a dent in it. All I can imagine is that they got very drunk and were signing without paying attention.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    It’s possible to do. Very possible...
  • samsung1
    7 years ago
    There was a story at scores nyc (long time ago now closed) about a guy spending 10,000 and kept trying to get the dancer to give him a bj. Never got the bj but she ended up giving bj to manager to let her go home early that night since she made bank already.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion