tuscl

Two groups here

Friday, January 5, 2007 8:52 AM
Seems to me we have two fairly distinct groups of people here, with widely divergent interests: those who enjoy talking about their club visits and how much contact they get, and those (like me) who enjoy talking about strip clubs in more general terms. People in the former group talk mostly about specific clubs and specific girls. People in the latter group seem more interested in discussing what makes dancers tick and how clubs relate to society. If you look at each subject heading it's fairly easy to predict who is going to respond and who isn't. And what they're each going to say. Maybe I've been here too long.

18 comments

• FONDL
    17 years ago
    As far as posting personal information, I try to be as specific as possible within the constraint that if someone who knows me happens to read it they won't know it's me. So when posting details about who I am, there have been a few times that I've altered the truth slightly, but not enough to make any substantive difference to the discussion at hand. Chitown, I think you'd have to go back a lot farther than the 1980's to have witnessed the change to which you refer. Frankly I don't think clubs have changed all that much since the 1980's except for the three areas we all talk about: clubs in some areas moving upscale so they can charge more, dancer talent going downhill as the number of clubs and dancers increases, and higher contact and extras becoming more readily available to combat declining dancer incomes. These are all pretty gradual trends, rather than changes in kind, that have been going on for a long time. Which is what interests me the most here.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    As far as posting personal information, I try to be as specific as possible within the constraint that if someone who knows me happens to read it they won't know it's me. So when posting details about who I am, there have been a few times that I've altered the truth slightly, but not enough to make any substantive difference to the discussion at hand. Chitown, I think you'd have to go back a lot farther than the 1980's to have witnessed the change to which you refer. Frankly I don't think clubs have changed all that much since the 1980's except for the three areas we all talk about: clubs in some areas moving upscale so they can charge more, dancer talent going downhill as the number of clubs and dancers increases, and higher contact and extras becoming more readily available to combat declining dancer incomes. These are all pretty gradual trends, rather than changes in kind, that have been going on for a long time. Which is what interests me the most here.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    If I know something is illegal, I'll usually avoid the dancer and any mention of it to her as well. As far as the example of above of racing at high speed, that is not necessarily illegal. I know of a race track where I was once invited to go race my vehicle. I never did because of the rules of the race track. I did not want to sign off that my insurance was not going to cover any damages to my car. I heard about someone driving a car similiar to the one I had and got their speed up to 152 mph. Of course I thought these topics would be boring if you didn't throw in some mystery some I have been a bit general or vague in many instances. I won't list names either unless someone ticked me off.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    I think that I have a foot in both camps. I actually am interested in the macro issues surrounding strip clubs. One of my regrets is that I did not participate in the hobby when I was younger (during the late 80s and early 90s) so that I could have had some personal knowledge of and exposure to the evolution of strip clubs from sleazy burlesque joints to sleazy gentlemen's clubs. On the other hand, I do have a concrete interest in the current scene, and that may include discussion of specific clubs and even dancers (although, from a legal point of view, a lot of what I am most interested in should not be posted publicly). Since I don't eschew contact (perhaps an understatement), I am interested in such details.
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    I see another distinction. Some also like to follow the discussion in general terms into non-strip club related topics, others like to keep it more strictly focused on clubbing and the specifics.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I know witch group I fall into. I protect my favorite dancers names. But I do share information with my buddies via email. shadowcat...
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Indeed. How much info is OK to put up on the internet? Everyone has a different answer ...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    FONDL: I should have been more specific. My comment was about trolls, troll feeders and other self-promoters and attention seekers, not your topic. The main reason I thought we kept things general is that this is a national board (potentially international), and there's another section devoted to specific clubs. Here, we can share opinions about issues that aren't confined to our local club or area. However, I think anything can get dull when the discussions are always too general, so it's good to bring up specifics as long as it doesn't narrow the conversation too much.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    That's a very good question FONDL. BTW, I agree that mentioning specific club or dancer names in regards to illegal activity is a bad idea. The sad fact is that the local club boards have become so inundated with BS from jealous dancers that it's difficult to believe anything that you read on them anyway.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    My first post here was simply an observation, that some of us here seem more interested in specifics while others are more interested in generalities. Personally I think it's inappropriate to talk about what illegal activities take place by a specific dancer or in a specific club. So I'd talk mostly generalities even if I visited a club every week like I used to. And we've had lots of previous threads about us and they've gotten a lot of responses, so somebidy must be interested in learning more about each other here. Personally I find it interesting to know a little ore about who is posting here. But what puzzles me is why anyone would bother reading and responding to a thread in which they claim no interest?
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I guess there could be a few rare occasions when I want to discuss what a dancer said. That's getting more specific. For instance I could start a discussion on what information about a dancer will be turn offs or turn ons. For instance, if you start a discussion with a dancer and find out she has gone 150 mph on a bike, does that make her seem hotter or a bit dangerous and a turn off? What if find out another dancer is actually a drug user? I think that is a bit of a turn off. I may still get dances from her but I won't be as interested in seeing her outside the club anymore. Too many red flags make some dancers seem reckless and dangerous. I guess I'm digressing off topic here.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    It would be real easy to be general if you haven't been inside a strip club in over a year like FONDL stated. I can talk about things from years ago though and make it sound recent. Seems like yesterday to me. If I wanted to I could also exagerate a little bit and make the whole story sound more believable. It's usually the true stories that almost no one ever believes.
  • Darkwolf
    17 years ago
    Perhaps I am a cheap SOB too... I don't expect to be spending any thousand dollars on a strip club either. But I hear what you are saying in respect to going to a club. I too don't get to go as often as I'd like - though lately I have been able to go a bit more. Sometimes I will enter a club with a certain amount of money in my pocket and use every bit while other times I will come out with most of it left. I agree with the comment about both groups of people. The only thing I am concerned with is posting reviews that are too detailed. It has been stated in previous discussions that those reviews can get the very activities that are being discussed gone - either by some persons version of a 'good time' being misunderstood as an act of prostitution or someone blatantly saying that if you go to Club A and get a LD from Girl A and tip her a certain amount you will get a BJ/FS or something of that ilk. This can be dangerous. I try to keep my experiences somewhat general when it comes to an open forum... not sure how others feel.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    Rickwood: I don't see why anyone should get on your case. You are using the boards and the reviews for exactly their intended purpose. When I travel I take reviews into consideration as well.
  • RickWood
    17 years ago
    As a club reviewer and more often than not lurker in the discussion area, I'll reply to Yoda's comment. I don't get to go clubbing very often, usually only once every three or four months. While I read the discussions about club politics, societal relevance and what makes a dancer tick, I generally focus on the individual clubs and who gives the best dance in the club. I don't have a thousand bucks per trip to test drive multiple dancers at several clubs in each city I may be passing through, so my interest lies more with the nitty-gritty info. Now then, before anyone jumps on me for being a cheap SOB while clubbing, I tip well, at the rail and after a good VIP dance. I do not tip each and every girl that walks across the stage, just the ones I might be interested spending some time with during my visit. My reason for participating on the site is the information sharing so I can make the best use of my money possible.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I have to agree with FONDL. Some times I get specific, but most times I don't. If I had to guess a reason, I would say older vs. younger.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    I agree with both of you guys. I don't mind talking about the local scene where I club here on a national board but it isn't always relevant. The general threads about dancer, club and customer tendencies are a lot more interesting to me. I would also like to see more new blood here just to try and breathe some new life into the topics. Talking about other posters is about as exciting as watching a fat stripper swing around the pole...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I like to read and post about strippers and strip clubs, whether that's general or specific. I wish there were more new people posting here, because we have been through so many of the same arguments. What I don't have much interest in is posts about posters to this board. Even reruns of threads about strippers are more fun than that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion