tuscl

Ignored list: How many on yours and who has the record for being ignored?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
How many people/names are on your ignored list? I have about 15.

Anyone know who holds the ignominious record for being the most often ignored TUSCL member?

49 comments

• s275ironman
    7 years ago
    only 3 on mine
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I have 3 on ignore, and one of these hasn't been seen since 2013. The other two are trolls without any redeeming virtues like humor.

The first person I ever ignored was Alucard, who was not a troll but who was humorless and self-righteous and annoying. I would guess Alucard was one of the most ignored members.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I ignore a few people here. But there is no one on my Ignore list.
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    I have about 3 trolls no legit members as of now.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    Five. I typically only log in to comment or when the discussions get cluttered, so I was surprised there were that many when I checked.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    IMHO this is the kind of post that I consider trolling
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    LOL, good point 25.

I don't have anyone on ignore, but it would be interesting to see how many have me on ignore.
    I don't want names, just a number.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    @Trucidos: " I ignore the feelings of blacks jews gays retards women muslims and all of you faggot pieces of shit.."
    -------------------------

+1 LOL!

...but you forgot to mention all the white nationalists, midlife-crisis victims, and Randoids.

• Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I don’t have anyone on ignore. There are folks whose discussions/comments I ignore - but that’s not by using the ignore feature.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I have about 30 people on ignore. It's a really great feature!

#1 most ignored member is probably LittleDickSammy and other Juice aliases.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    60, but of course many are multiple "users" of trolls. Actual count of individuals, no real idea.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    I never knew I had an alias. Who knew a troll would label a legitimate member like me as a troll? Things that make you go hmmmmm.
  • RTP
    7 years ago
    I have 28 on ignore, but only 7 of those have posted in the last few months. I am similar to clubber, many were trolls who had multiple names. I think my experience is much better not reading the stuff which I don't find informative or entertaining.
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    There are posters that post whom I seldom read, but none of the trolls or morons are worth the minimal effort to place someone on ignore.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Trolls are attention whores. Not responding to anything they say hurts them more than anything that you could say. How you do that is up to you.
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Zero. Sometimes the trolls make me lol but usually they are just annoying when the spam the board or the treads with garbage.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    TUSCL, IMO, is blessed to have some of the world's finest trolls. One thing we may have forgotten to be thankful for at Thanksgiving.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I don’t have anyone on ignore. I like that this site is unmoderated and fair. I ignore ppl on moderated forums bc I’m not allowed to give them shit for having to put up their dumbness, so I have to ignore them to prevent being irritated.
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    I just counted 46 on mine, but - like Clubber - many are multiple user accounts. Not all - I also saw Alucard on my list and he hasn't been trolling anyone on this site since he died several years ago. I am sure my list needs updating, but I am too lazy to bother.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i accidentally had myself on ignore for a while with the old webpage.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    most every time i bring up tuscl on my device i am not loged on. so i see everything. so when i do log on there is one on my ignore list. he doesn't have a dot.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @dallas702,

He literally died? Or just a figure of speech?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Alucard could be trolling people up in heaven.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Burl,

As I recall, died as in died.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    I have 29. Mostly trolls with multiple user accounts, but a lot of idiots and losers who just have nothing worthwhile to add to the conversation. I don't like when I open the page without logging on and have to scroll through three pages of discussions just to get past assholes calling each other names.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    For fun, try to ignore yourself, trust yourself, or ignore Founder.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Does anyone know how he died? And how did you find out?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    He said he had coronary artery disease: so probably heart attack or stroke.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I have so many on ignore ... it's a shit ton, probably over 50. Mostly multiple troll accounts along with movers and packers. Most haven't posted in years. There are a few posters who annoyed me to the point where ignoring them made sense to increase my enjoyment of the site. I have had others on ignore who I then took off ignore because I felt I overreacted and ignored them too quickly.

I never had alucard on ignore though. He never bombarded me with PM's like he did others and for some reason he didn't annoy me even though I know he drove other people crazy.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    IDK for sure but I think he died from natural causes. But I'm sure there are some others from his area who know for sure.
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    Like many others have said, most of those on my ignore list are Indian movers and packers or those who ended up posting very few times but those times annoyed me. I have a low tolerance for bullshit, especially BS that takes up screen space.

For the record, and since you asked, I counted. Came up with 103! Damn...
  • TxVegas
    7 years ago
    I have found that I am happier when I have trolls and movers on ignore. I counted and have 153.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Ok, I just counted it up. Way more than 50. 111 on ignore. That's a lot of movers and packers.
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    Just trolls,misogynists and really stupid strippers. Haven't bothered to count how many in total.
    The movers & packers are occasionally good for a laff or two so I don't ignore them.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Any idea the limit count might be, if there is one?
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    I don't think I have anyone on Ignore. I find that wisdom and advice can be found in the strangest places sometimes. Or at least some humor.

Btw, what's the story with the Indian movers, anyway?
  • orangepicture
    7 years ago
    I put 7 or 8 posters on ignore almost immediately after being a member for just a few days. Too many stupid discussion topics being created over and over again and the trolls made themselves apparent right away.
  • Book Guy
    7 years ago
    Six or eight or so, give or take, are on my ignore list. I sometimes go back to the list and purge it, put it back to zero (not that it's necessary, but it makes me feel like I've kept things neat and tidy) and usually there are very few who have to be re-added after having been removed. It's easy enough, I'm glad TUSCL has the function.

Am I missing reviews from anyone I ignore? Or just their Discussion-board comments? Hmm ...
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    BHF - died as in dead, deceased, no heart beat, dead and buried, no longer among the living. My guess is he hated so hard it killed him. If you can look up some of his old discussions. That dude had real issues.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Did you guys go clubbing with him? I mean, how else would you know that he passed away, right? It's not like you sent him a PM one day and his mom replied saying that Alucard can't post anymore because he's dead. That would be weird.

Also, I've known some dudes in my life who hated on other dudes really hard. Just hating on people nonstop all the time for no good reason. Hateration. But somehow they lived. This Alucard character must have taken that shit to a whole different level. Does anyone have a choice thread that they can share featuring some of his best work? LOL
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Someone discovered alucard's real life identity somehow. He left a bunch of hints like where he worked, his first name, his initials, his profession, so don't think it was too hard after he made so many enemies for one of them to find out. Personal information was posted to the board and deleted but not before many had remembered his real name and then would address him by his real name afterward.

Later someone who knew passed on the information that alucard had died and this was confirmed by someone who posted the link to the obituary later.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    alucard's best work was his profile which I believe is still up. Quite epic. Not until recently was @SJG able to top it. And @SJG does have an open admiration for alucard as being a smaller scale forerunner to him.
  • Ermita_Nights
    7 years ago
    Burlington: Alucard died July 2014. I found his obituary in the Toledo Blade at the time but I don't think it said how he died.
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    Hmmm... interesting. I just googled him and found his old posts.

But maybe he didn't really die. Maybe he just needed to disappear for a while. Maybe he faked his own death, like he was hitting the reset button. Maybe he couldn't stay away any longer and he eventually resurfaced in another state under another name. Maybe san_jose_guy is Alucard! Think about it, Alucard disappears in 2014, a few months later san_jose_guy appears, shortly thereafter "someone" mentions that Alucard has died. Sounds crazy, right? Crazy like a fox!! All the pieces fit now...
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    I can't possibly be the first person to float this theory
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I now have zero people on ignore but can add them back if needed.

The Packers and movers aren't consistent posters.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Alucard had his issues, no doubt about it, but don't we all. An obituary in the Toledo Blade should be accurate but one never knows. I clubbed with him several times when he came up to Detwaa. We had no problems and I'm glad I introduced him to one honey at The Penthouse. She was gorgeous !! I've had 7 people on my ignore list at one point but it's been adjusted through the years.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Burl,

Many on here have contact with other members "outside" this board. That is how somethings are known.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Always on my profile:

My Ignore List:
    DrPhil, DrPhil., IME, Meat72, san_jose_gay, tixtittyfag

The list is short, just a few extremists, people who reach the point of not being worth even reading, just taking up too much time.

And here now, a Lifeboat Forum, in case there are ever any temporary TUSCL outages. Go ahead and register now. At least keep the URL some place safe.

But warning, if there are troll posts, I can't be spending time dealing with that, so that member will be subjected to moderation if not a complete post prohibition. It is mostly for if there are any problems with TUSCL, to keep the community together. But people do have to limit their talk to the rules of the host, much different than the rules of TUSCL.

http://testosteronelifeboat.freeforums.n…

SJG

Art of the Pimp, by Dennis Hof
    https://www.amazon.com/Art-Pimp-Search-D…

I don't think much of Hof, and you know his title is a play on DJT's book.

Nevertheless, I would probably enjoy reading this, just to try and understand him and where he is coming from. One thing Hof has said is that he "only dates prostitutes". That I have definitely come to understand.

Led Zeppelin, full concert, I believe Earl's Court. Awesome.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfwZfGAK…
    part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba-LngVj…

Do you like the blues influenced Led Zeppelin with its strong bass, or do you go with the progressive rock which though seemingly blues derived has lost the strong bass? I go with the former. No reason to give up the strong bottom end.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion