tuscl

Offtopic, if you like reading about poor customer service and terrible reviews

Monday, November 20, 2017 2:11 PM
I was thinking about writing a poor review for Centurylink, my local phone company dsl service which could not schedule my home internet tech to come out and fix my internet for an entire week. My service time was 8am until 5PM, he called but did not even show up the first day. They rescheduled the next day after I had called them about 4 or 5 times getting put on hold etc. It was set up for 8am to 5 PM. Finally at 4:30 PM I lucked out and the technician called me and apparently there was some faulty equipment at the server or office. He told me it should be working now. I checked it was. He never had to come out to my home. Anyway I search for reviews online, this company doesn't have a review site, it has a reviews and complaints site. Thousands of complaints from across the country.. [view link] I thought about switching to a local cable company but they have a reputation of being even worse than the phone company. Sometimes it sucks to live in a small town. I was checking my internet speed this evening, only getting 4.3 meg on what is supposed to be a 6 meg connection. Problem is apparently some of these companies in small towns have monopolies and it's a race to the bottom for poor service. Next time, I might just try out the cable company.

4 comments

• Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    Century Link has an effective business model...for shareholders. They buy the little mom and pop telcos and get economy of scale by aggregating overheads accross companies. Buy their stock and get a fat dividend to offset the customer disservice.
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    Haha that site is gold. Thing about review sites is that for the most part you're gonna see negative reviews mostly. Most folks are only motivated to post a review when they're pissed off enough at the service/product. That said, if review after review complains about the same thing, chances are it's a legit complaint. Example for me was when a GF and I got duped into a timeshare presentation. Offered us free trips, prizes, and all kinds of stuff. Didn't know it was a timeshare presentation till we got there. Salesmen were pretty good and convinced us to buy a 2 week a year package. Then I got home that night and did some research. Found this same consumer affairs site and found complaint after complaint about various aspects of the whole program. And also found out about the 7 day rescission period which the timeshare folks NEVER TOLD US ABOUT! Thank God for that site as we were able to send in our rescission letter and cancel the purchase of that scammy ass timeshare. This saving us from joining the scores of unsatisfied, highly in debt folks who fell victim to the scam. I was gonna post my own review warning folks but I felt it was unnecessary as there's already a ton posted and more negative reviews being added weekly.
  • Liwet
    7 years ago
    Telecom companies have monopolies everywhere, not just small towns.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Century Link is a case of the little fish eating the big fish--not once but twice. ......some po dunk bunch of yahoo's from Monroe, LA took over Qwest ( one of the Bell operating companies at one time and Sprint/United Telephone who was one of the larger independent telecoms and also an international company......Sprint did divest themselves from the merger ( buyout) ......then took their show on the road and tried to tell their technical staff in the growth areas of the US that had good service how they were overpaid and over comp with benefits.......think about coming from Monroe, LA and going to LA or NJ right outside of NYC and telling people they should be making the same as someone in the bayou..................and that is why you now have shit service ladies and gents........brought to you by a one time stock holder of some of the companies purchased and when I say holder I don't mean in odd lots.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion