tuscl

Bluetooth headset in the club?

Hank Moody
I'm fine. I'm disgusted with my life and myself, but I'm not unhappy about that.
I never understood why people wore their Bluetooth outside of their car, even 12 years ago when they the tech was still new. Do you need to be ready for a call? Is it a fashion statement?

Today I was in the club for happy hour and two — fucking two!! — PL’s were wearing their Bluetooth headsets in the club. Boom mics and all.

I’m seriously confused. Who does this? It looks ridiculous to me. If you do, please admit it and tell me why. I am genuinely curious.

10 comments

• shailynn
    7 years ago
    Damn that’s some gay stuff.

When driving I wear regular earbud headphones when on the phone because I don’t like to shout over the car mic system.

I know of one legitimate excuse to wear a Bluetooth outside of a car. My buddy has a tailgate at a college football stadium and it’s so loud he can’t hesr his phone ring. Therefore he wears a Bluetooth at it only because a lot of people will call and ask for directions since the tailgate isn’t in the same exact location for every game. - that’s the only reason I can find wearing a Bluetooth acceptable.
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    I use mine outside the car pretty regularly; at home, picking up groceries, liquor, gas, etc. I don't wear it when I'm not on the phone though, so having it on at the strip club isn't gonna happen. I suppose once or twice I've had my hands full when the call ended and didn't take it out for a few minutes. I'm not sure why vibrate doesn't work for Shailynns situation, but I'd count on vibrate before using a headset for that.
  • anonlvone
    7 years ago
    it's called being a nerd. were they also sporting pocket protectors?
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i've seen guys wearing their bluetooth headsets at truck terminals and stops. butt haven't noticed any in a club... yet. however i have seen corded earbuds and head sets worn by several hip hoppers.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    I wear mine in the car and also in the gym while on the treadmill and listening to music on my phone because my headphone cord kept getting tangled when I was running. But, frankly, I'd feel like a tool wearing it anywhere else, especially in a bar.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It’s probably those guys thinking it’s a good look - when it’s a total fail. If they need to take a call - the club noise will be far too overwhelming for the caller to hear.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Dolfan I asked my buddy the same question, and he said in fall when it’s cold and he has long underwear and gloves on he can’t even feel the vibrate when the phones in his pocket - makes sense.

I gotta face it my next headphones will have to be Bluetooth because my next phone will not have a headphone jack. I already have Bluetooth headphones for plane rides but those are strictly for listening to music/movies.
  • lotsoffun201
    7 years ago
    I used to know this guy who frequented swingers clubs with his wife. He always wore that “cockroach” in his ear and NEVER took it out even when he was fucking. I always thought he looked like an absolute douchebag with that thing. Was he THAT important he couldn’t ever miss a call?
  • Hank Moody
    7 years ago
    Ha! Thanks for those replies. Not just me. It looks ridiculous!
  • minnow
    7 years ago
    He might be expecting a call from Henry Kissinger...................

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aph-MsNK_E ~2:11 - 2:38
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion