tuscl

Dancer that aren't making any money

You all know what i'm talking about. Or i hope you do. You go to a club on a busy weekend, or any evening or even a dayshift; it doesn't really matter. You have your favorite and you know if she's there, she's going to get your money. There are numerous other customers that have a like mind regarding your favorite. Then you have the hot as hell dancers that are just hustling left and right, conversing and flirting with almost every customer trying to sell dances. They may or may not give great dances. You can usually tell by how much time they spend on each customer and how often they come back and forth from the lap dance room. The fun hot girls clearly make more money from fewer customers while the cleaner less fun dancers are only getting one or two dances from as many undiscerning PLs as they can manage but they're still making money. They just have to work more.

But what about the girl that might be less attractive (but not necessarily so) who just doesn't hustle as hard or is just unaggressive? She clearly doesn't have any regulars or repeat customers so her dances are probably pretty lame or uninspired. Her body language is usually pretty poor and she tends to be more and more terrified of rejection. She spends a lot of time in the dressing room, or smoking or sitting with PLs that have no problem wasting her time while she never asks for a dance. She probably comes in early in the evening so she doesn't have to pay the higher rent, but ends up wasting those earlier hours as she just kind of sucks at being a stripper. Yet she doesn't quit. She's there the next time you visit and the story's the same. I guess just enough suckers just randomly approach her and ask her for a dance.

Or what about the girl that's just the wrong "type" for that club? I know there is a type for everyone, but this girl is generally considered unattractive by most of the customers there. They all leave the stage when she's there, or no one bothers showing up when she's on. She tends to have a bit of an attitude and is oblivious to the fact that no one seems to be interested in her. She actually has a decent hustle, talking to everyone, but most people will just not get a dance with her. So she clearly does not give a lot of dances and probably also sucks at doing stripper things. She also doesn't quit. Like the previous example, she might make just enough money not to be negative or at least enough for her to be able to try again the next time she works.

Or maybe there's nothing really off or obviously wrong with the girl. The club just has too many girls for the amount of business that they have. Your favorite and the hot girls (more specifically the hot naughty girls as even the hot clean girls need a lot of customers to make money and just work on busy shifts) seem to be the only ones making any money. The less attractive but dirty girls are having a hard time getting past a PL's guard. The other girls just end up doing a lot of what the other two above examples do. Some, even a lot of them, quit because it's not worthwhile for them to work them, but a lot of them don't.

How do these girls manage to keep "working" at the club? Do they just rely on that one or two lucky days that month, where they might make enough money to pay their bills? Or are these the desperate girls that TUSCLers are finding to OTC on the cheap?

29 comments

• vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    SJG pays them to kiss him in the front room. :)
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    I read of some of these types of girls stories on stripperweb. They start threads asking for advice on how to make more money, etc etc. From their own claims it seems that they don't really make much money. But there's always that good or great one night that raises their confidence. They figure they can somehow replicate what worked for them that night and eventually become a top earner.
  • Liwet
    7 years ago
    "How do these girls manage to keep "working" at the club?"

You mentioned it, they come in early when the house fee is free and stay for a long time. If they make $200 in 8 hours, that's $25/hour, and for 12 hours it's $14.29 per hour (due to overtime). Considering minimum wage is under $10/hour in most places and some entry-level jobs paying barely more than $10 an hour, stripping isn't that bad of a job comparatively. At the end of the night, they probably consider themselves successful.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    There was one girl at my former favorite club that always made me wonder how she made money when I wasn't there. She was far better looking than most of the other girls there and she was as dirty as most of the ones there who stuck around. I personally think she needed a lot of time to warm up to the idea of being dirty for a specific customer. By a lot of time, I mean multiple visits to the club. She wasn't like my favorite fat stripper Sunshine, who went from someone I just met to someone who swallowed my load in under an hour.

It may ultimately be that some of these strippers think that the idea of stripping is better than the reality.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    I know one well, very well. She's tried being a stripper three times and each time ended up near broke. In three different cities.

I can't figure it out because she knows how to charm people and she is good looking, well put together with long legs and a great smile.

The funny thing is she's thinking about going back to make some extra money because she is hearing from her friends that are still dancing the clubs they work in seem to be picking up again.
  • judyjudy
    7 years ago
    It is al up to the Dancer how much she makes..... end of story!
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I’ve seen both types - as described in the original post. I think @judyjudy answered it simply and perfectly.

The first dancer described doesn’t make much because she’s intimidated by the idea of putting herself out there - and hustling. If she really needed money - she’d hustle more. It’s possible she’s frustrated by herself and her inactivity.

The second dancer is less self aware. She doesn’t understand that she’s the odd duck in the club. She also doesn’t realize that her interactions with customers aren’t positive. She may be more frustrated because she’s hustling - but not making the money she should be making.

Either way - this is their job - and they probably need money for their kids - and they both make just enough to get by.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    In my area I feel like nights other than Fri/Sat are generally lean ones for strippers. Maybe a third or even half of them earn very little. I get the impression that dancers don't properly pencil out what it really costs them in fees and drinks to work at a club. Isn't minimum wage around $10 now? It could be less.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    There is NO WAY a PL can know who is making money by just watching.

Case in point: my ex-ATF almost never worked the room. She had maybe 10 regulars who were all whales, and they showed up often enough to make her a top earner. But to watch her, you'd have said she was lazy and not making money. When a whale wasn't there, she'd just hang with me the whole time because she liked my company and hated working the room. I was the luckiest PL ever!

OTOH, an old regular of mine worked the room constantly, but never seemed to make a lot of money because she went for the good looking younger guys and they never have any money. Plus the club was rather dead during W's recession...

My CF seems pretty popular. Being in her 30's, she knows what she's doing too. I would guess she's a top earner, but who knows...
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    @judyjudy
    When i go to a club on a Thursday or Friday evening around 9-10pm or so (which is usually a very slow time) and stay until 2-3am when it starts to pick up (earlier on the weeknights) and the club closes at 6am on weekends, 4am on weekdays and there's about a 3-1 dancer to customer ratio or more even for most of the time i'm there, it doesn't seem there is anything a less popular dancer without regulars could do to have a good night. ALL of the available customers are sitting with dancers, many of them aren't budging from their chairs for most of the time. More than half of the dancers aren't with a customer, let alone a spending customer. I'm just waiting for my favorite to get ready and spend most of my time with her and some time with another fun regular or two that happens to be there. All of the dancers i spent money on seemed very appreciative of me and tell me so, including my favorite who i have never seen have a bad night despite working short shifts (usually less than 6 hours). That night she made a beeline toward me the moment she saw me, when she usually just takes her time between customers, so she obviously knew it was very slim pickings and was going to try to take all my money before i could spend it (as well as my time) on anyone else. I didn't spend it all on her, but she made the right (effective and efficient) move. I'm glad you have a positive attitude about how much you believe you or any dancer can make, but the economics doesn't seem to bear out.

@Rockstar
    You're right. No one and i mean no one, except the dancer really knows how much she made that night. But i can fairly ascertain who didn't make a lot of money that night. There's a girl that's pretty popular who i didn't see working the floor much, but she tried pretty hard with me, just not my type (and i hate implants) but if she found just one good spender any time that night, she gives very good dances and probably could have salvaged the evening from just one customer. That particular club isn't really known for the hard hustle, but them girls were definitely trying.

My whole point was a good number couldn't have done well those nights and those type of nights (the club opens at 3pm so they don't have a proper day shift) seem to be getting more common so it's looking like pretty scary times for a lot of them unless they can find better options elsewhere soon. Or maybe they just bide their time for those few days a month that their regulars come in and at that club, dancers do seem to give their number out pretty freely if you spend a bit on them, although my favorite just doesn't have to.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I think strippers rationalize a slew of poor night's when they get a good night. They don't type them all up in Excel and determine the true median... Even the good night could be a previously crummy one, that a dancer just happened to become the focus of a bachelor party group in the final hour.
    In a way, a marginal dancer at a club resembles a gambling addict playing the slots or lotto cards... Just enough "wins" happen to create the illusion of success just around the corner.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ Then that is potentially the worst thing that can happen to a stripper. She just barely makes enough in general over the years to scrape by and reaps none of the benefits of stripping (lots of free time to enjoy life, higher standard of living, both of which can provide opportunities for her to invest in herself or better herself) therefore worsening her inevitable future prospects when she finds herself older. . I'm not one to tell anyone to do anything, but i think when a stripper has reached that point, she should just find something else to do.

Interesting you brought the gambling analogy. I think it was Tony Robbins or someone that said the worst thing that could happen to you in Vegas was to win big. Not like the jackpot or anything (which would have you set for life) but enough to give you the bug or hope that you can do it again, leading to long-term addiction. I have felt that the stripper that did really well also was in danger of staying in the job/life too long, especially if she only intended to do it for a short while.
  • jaredlucas
    7 years ago
    Some of those type of gals make their money OTC

The club is just a place to scout out a horny PL ready to get it wet.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    ^ Which was what i was suspecting on some level. Otherwise i don't see the point of their occupation. Is there such a thing as a PL stripper? As mean as it sounds, i do consider a stripper that just scrapes by unnecessarily quite pitiful if not pathetic. I also think that many of these marginal strippers are the easy targets for OTC and aren't that expensive either. I wonder how many of the TUSCL crowd will admit to seeking out these particular girls and not the more desirable ones for whatever reason.
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    As I see it, generally that's the biz these days. The SC is just a venue for hooking on some level. They rationalize it, we do also. Long gone are the days of going to the club for the view or the show. We're there to bust and they're there to facilitate. Of course there are exceptions, but I did say generally
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Good point lick-that. Customers go to scout itc/otc options - and dancers are there to give us what we want. It’s just a place to meet - and scout out options.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    @lick-that
    I remember a comment you made to me about strippers whoring a lot, or strip clubs being a glorified whorehouse. It may be possible that whores use the strip club to find johns, but most of the clubs i frequent, it's quite expensive and/or not blatantly possible to just have FS in the club. In the instances that you can, it requires tipping to girl, bouncer and paying hundreds of dollars for VIP. The girls i'm talking about in this discussion are clearly not doing that.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Strip clubs aren't immune to the same problems as other brick and mortar businesses. They just happen to specialize in a product that's always in style. You can think of strippers as the little shops, and some are going to have the goods customers want while others won't.

If they keep showing up and aren't bothering the customers, why not?
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Maybe some women are actually fine with earning less than minimum wage to sit around for hours talking, looking at their phones, getting some free drinks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Too many variables to know exactly why.

Some possible reasons but not sure-things:

For some girls, stripping may just be a side-hustle to a regular-job and just extra-$$$ that they would like to have but don't have to have thus they may not mind dressing up sexy and being in a nice club w/ music and drinking sorta to pass the time.

There may also be strippers that don't pay mortgages nor rents (live w/ parents, relatives, etc) and get substantial welfare and for them stripping $$$ is also just extra $$$ and if they make it great if not it gives them something to do.

There are also the ones along the lines of what rockstar mentioned that have whales and/or sugar-daddies taking care of them to a substantial extent and stripping is just extra side $$$ or when in b/w whales/sugar-daddy $$$

Then there are those that don't have a clue and are not fit to be strippers but think guys are so horny and can't help themselves that if they just show up and get naked that PLs would trip all over themselves to give them $$$ - they think "oh I just gotta strip and guys will give me lots of $$$"; yet they don't realize they are not good-looking or sexy enough to get most guys to spend on them.

And then there are those that are broke and can't make $$$ stripping but for w/e reason don't seem to move-on to something else.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I think you’ve summarized it well Papi. We don’t know what keeps some dancers coming back. We might not see how they make money (from seeing them in the club) - but they may have other sources of income/support - or they may think we are hornier than we actually are.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... or they may think we are hornier than we actually are ..."

No - we are as horny as they think we are - the key is that in SCs, unlike "the real-world", horny-PLs get to choose and don't have to settle for what they can get.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Sometimes a girl is shy. Being forward in a strip club takes a big emotional toll on them. Girls tend to be competitive, and sometimes they really cut each other to pieces first chance they get.

If I like the girl I might engage with her.

About front room kissing, that is not something I ever have paid for or ever would pay for. It does not work like that. But in a strip club the girls expect to be getting money, and they compete with each other. So especially if I want to make the girl feel good, she will be getting money.

Also, giving her money is one of the main ways of getting her off script, she accepts that money and sits and talks, and maybe front room GFE, instead of trying to sell dances. Its all a way of getting her to just be herself, instead of the stripper character she has invented.

SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ lmfao. what an idiot
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    It's like when I used to play golf. One good birdie would keep me going back for another 20 rounds of triple bogeys.
  • lick-that
    7 years ago
    @Cash. Agreed. For some that's their main income, for others it may not be. I'm not going to go out on a limb to try to quantify it. Especially when their regularly scheduled crises occur.

@Dirk. I think maybe, just maybe you're giving more credit than deserved. Up front, I know it is not all dancers, but personally I haven't been to a club recently, and not been offered some type or variety of extras. That includes high-end Manhattan and LA SCs to all black and brown dives in PA NY NJ FL. Thus my impression..
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Some of them are there for the party. We've all asked a girl to dance (i.e. earn money) but she latches onto a table where a guy is buying drinks for dancers. And, that guy will have 2-4 dancers all sitting with him, not dancing and just drinking for free.
  • dr_lee
    7 years ago
    More often than not, I notice that the really hot dancers, like you say, do more hustling. I guess it makes sense because they know every other customer they approach will want a dance from her. The ones who spend a lot of time with a customer may be KIND OF hot, but more just a specific type the customer prefers.

But I've been in clubs where it seems like ALL the dancers have negative attitudes or give off a bad vibe, on their phones, sitting at the bar, sitting at tables, hiding in the dressing room, like they are enforcing some kind of feminist girl power crap.

Personally, the stuff that turns me off, most guys don't seem to care about. I observe and if I notice a dancer has bad body language, always seems to have a drink in her hand, smokes (in clubs that allow it), eats like a pig, has coughing fits, walks fast that it almost seems like she's running, all that stuff turns me off. And this is even if a hot girl is doing it. I'd rather have a clean, mature, well-acting 7 than a 10 with disgusting quirks.
  • dr_lee
    7 years ago
    Oops! Forgot another pet peeve. Hate loud women! LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion