tuscl

Dancers smelling you and telling you that you smell good?

Is this a common line? The other night a dancer came up to me, seemed to smell me around my neck. I'm not sure what she was smelling but she suddenly said I smelled good. I was thinking that's funny, I didn't wear anything that smells. If it's not a line, that would suggest my sweat smells good.

Even weirder was one dancer that licked my arm and told me I tasted real good. Dancers must be running out of lines.

27 comments

• FONDL
    18 years ago
    A lot of clubs are located in areas near manufacturing plants and many of the cuasomers come straingt from work. I think the club (and the girls) would rather they did that than not come in at all. So a lot of customers in such clubs probably don't smell too good.

But there may be a solution. Somewhere I read (I think in "Men's Health") that the sweat glands in your arm pits and feet are different than those in the rest of your body, and the only sweat that smells is the sweat from armpits and feet. So if that's true, the important thing is to use deodorant and change socks (and shoes) regularly. It isn't always possible to take a shower before hitting a club when you're going during a work day.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Diapers are normal for astronaut flight suits. It probably came quite regular to her. Sounds like the "extreme" systems she becaem expert at among NASA events got to her head, and she brought the moon down to earth with her. The true meaning of lunacy.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    You'd think someone from NASA would have devised up something smarter than a diaper. Such as stick a tracking device on the vehicle you're following. I don't know if that's legal or not but it sounds smarter than wearing a diaper.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    Minnow: Have you seen pics of her... she's not half-bad, either. Definitely "doable". BUT, there seems to be a little psycho side to her. SCARY! Personally, I want to see pics of the other woman involved in the triangel.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    RE: Smells--- I'm on the lookout now for dancers that smell like diaper s**t. Anyone that would drive 900 miles in diaper pee&poop for their man 's gotta be wild&crazy!!
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    One strange thing I have noticed is that my sweat actually smells good to me if it's the recent sweat from aerobic activity (excluding foot sweat). Never really understood that one unless it has something to do with the food I eat along with lots of water. I'm sure the comments I hear in a strip club are a line though. hmmm, I do remember one time when I was bicycling a few years ago I could smell the foul odor of someone from over 50 ft away. Unfortunately some of my senses seemed to be a bit intensified when I was bicycling. Probably had something to do with paying close attention to your surroundings when you're travelling anywhere from 35 to 60 mph on a bicycle with almost nothing between you and the road.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I'm not saying it's random or made up. Just that it's a nice thing they probably say to a lot of guys, and not necessarily an indication that most customers stink. Except at a few clubs we might agree on.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    But Chandler, if a stripper is going to pick some random feature about me to compliment....is it going to be my personal hygiene? I mean, for most of us in the business world, that's a given, not something that you get extra points for.

I know that strippers sometimes don't have the best judgment, and maybe to some of them that seems like a big compliment.

I do have dancers compliment often on my choice of tie, and that is obviously a convenient and made-up compliment. (Except for the dancer who took my tie and made it into panties that entirely covered her g-string. She ran around the club for the next hour with that tie on, and it took a lot of effort for me to recover it. To this day, I wear that tie when I know I am going to have a tough day. Just looking down on it and thinking about the memories can help a lot...)
  • motorhead
    18 years ago
    Are we fellow tuscl members the only guys that bathe before going out? It seems from our comments, that we all have proper hygiene, but I too constantly get comments how good I smell. Most customers must really stink. In fact, I rarely wear cologne. I do my own laundry and what I have found that really turns young girls on is the smell of fabric softener (like Downy).
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    I think that, esp. during the late afternoon/early evening shift, there are a lot of guys in blue-collar jobs who come to the sc straight from work. I never really get stinky except at the gym, and I shower either there are on arriving home.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Yeah, I've been told how nice my fabric softener smelled, too. How romantic!

We shouldn't take these comments to mean that all the other customers smell bad. Strippers become very good at complimenting us in a way that makes it seem as though we're the only ones they say it to. They're just doing their job.
  • Darkwolf
    18 years ago
    I always have wonderful reaction to my Acqua Di Gio by Armani
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    My OTC (now, I suppose, former OTC dancer) says that there are showers in the dressing room at her club, but that they are far too gross for her to venture inside them.

The thing that made the other dancer's refrain, "you're so clean, you're so clean" so unusual was that she was administering oral relief throughout the time she was saying it.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    Tell them;"That's the smell of other dancers rubbing over me, want to contribute?"lol.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Unfortunately, I noticed I can tell when a dancer hasn't had a shower in a while. I heard one dancer tell me I think she went without sleep for over a day straight and decided to come in to work. I'm wondering who she wanted to see that made her come in to work. I do remember visiting a club where dancers could take a shower in the club and those dancers smelled a lot better just cleaning off all the club smoke and odors. I could also smell the soap or shampoo but I thought that was a bit bizarre. Don't remember what club that was. Maybe it's not common anymore.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I tell them I want to be loved for my body and soul, not for how I smell.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    I get that all the time, and usually, I don't put anything special on at all. Usually, they have more compliments about my hair, which I have always found disturbing, because every dancer has to say something about my hair.
  • shadowcat
    18 years ago
    When dancers that I have known up to 5 years tell me that they appreciate the fact that I shave and shower before coming to the club, I believe them. And I love it when their hair is still wet.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I don't know whether it's a standard line, but I don't give it any significance. I guess I consider smelling good to be one of the basic things anyone should make sure of before going out in public. Like zipping your fly.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    Yup, I hear it all of the time, too. I don't think it's just one of those lines, but like everyone's pointing out, it's the appreciation for your cleanliness, and testament to the degree that you stand apart from those stinky patrons.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    Re: Lopaw's comment above--once I was getting a lap dance at a club of somewhat questionable provenance, and the dancer kept saying, "You're so clean...you're so clean." I took that as an indicator of the type of clientele they typically got.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    I get compliments all the time. IN fact, dancers have been giving me their favorite fragrances as gifts for years since they know I wear cologne. I also agree with Lopaw. Just being clean is enough sometimes.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Dammit I-give-up, that's one of MY scents! Geez, people are going to start wondering why they haven't ever seen you and me in the same room at the same time. Kind of like Bruce Wayne and Batman ...
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    I've heard comments about my hair smelling good, but that's it.
  • jimmyblong
    18 years ago
    Are you sure they weren't just smelling your bank roll?
  • shadowcat
    18 years ago
    I always wear "Curve" by Liz Clairborne. Half of them know what I am wearing. The other half want to know.
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    I get this alot too. I think dancers get so many stinky customers that they really appreciate those of us that go that extra mile to actually bathe before heading out to the SC!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion