tuscl

How do east coast liberal really feel bout the races

I was looking through some old material I had and discovered a Harvard University National Lampoon race development chart.
Please note that all Harvard grads (all ivy league grads for that matter consider themselves the highest form of modern man and the vast majority of them are "Liberal Democrats" that feel they are best to rule.

Please note
https://imgur.com/gallery/Fo8nXSn
The chart says it all.

The Irish are below the Cro-Magnon man, Blacks are below a Gibbons Monkey, the Jews, Arabs, Women, and Dutch are just above the Proboscis Monkey, Native American are descended from Tree Shrews and the Poles are just below a toaster with the White Northern European WASPS at the top.
To them we are all lower life forms.

Thought this could start a good discussion.
The racist, biased, self serving, self appointed elites who think "we the people" are to un-evolved to be allowed to make our own decisions painted a true picture of what they actually think of use taxpaying serfs think that they could just laugh it off.
It is not funny.

25 comments

• RandomMember
    7 years ago
    It's satire. It's a joke.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    ^^ mega dittoes (to RM).
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    ^what's bothering you @Tx, old man?
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Buy this magazine, or the dog gets it.
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    You understand this is satire of white supremacy, by some of the greatest satirists ever? The only discussion that needs to be started is one of reading comprehension, methinks.

Of course, maybe you're just trying to be troll-y and see who will take the bait, but I didn't see you use the /sarcasm font.

CP

BTW, the former editor-in-chief of National Lampoon is PJ O'Rourke, founding member of the "Pants Down Republicans" and a regular contributor to the old American Spectator magazine, one of the great neo-conservative publications of the 70s and 80s.

• RandomMember
    7 years ago
    "You understand this is satire of white supremacy,"
    --------------------------

Having seen enough of @TT's posts -- no I think the satire went over his head.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    This doesn't make sense as satire of white supremacy, with Poles listed as a degeneration of species from the great apes who then further declined into toasters. Likewise, Russians are lower than Proboscis monkeys.

This looks like a pretty accurate "way you were supposed to see the world" from the late 70s/early 80s. My parents had a book called Gross Jokes with these same stereotypes. People were still pissed at the Japanese and Vietnamese because of wars and as far as I can tell, looked down on Poles for having had asshole neighboring countries in the WWII era.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    @TT, have you ever been checked out for early stages of dementia? We're a caring bunch here at TUSCL, so please get some help.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    As you're obviously unaware of the concept, this is a good start...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    We have openings for a checkup. RandomMember is a good start, shock therapy as done by him works wonders. If you can't get in to him, set up an appointment with desertscrub. Dementia is no laughing matter. Look at txtittydumbass. Late stage dementia. It shakes constantly, babbles nonsense. LMAO
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    unfortunately, I have to disagree. I wish east coast liberals were that blatantly racist and sexist, but their logic is much less comprehensible. This was satire done by a publication waaay past its prime.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Lol! @PoolyD

At least someone gets it!

• skibum609
    7 years ago
    You're an idiot Pooly. If people made fun of the way blacks spoke you'd fucking wet yourself, but you're not smart enough to see you're no different. Progressives are so fucking stupid they cannot even understand their hatred is no different; no better; no nothing.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    You all say this is "satire" but what would happen if a conservative publication printed this tripe. Plus if the satirist did not think this way how did he come up with this garbage.
    I enjoy a good redneck joke. One of my favorite movies is Blazing Saddles which offends every minority and uses cliches to slam preconceptions.
    I could have never even conceived of something as offensive as the Lampoon's tree.

We all have our biases but that is so far below consideration it is inconceivable for anyone who is not an extremely bigoted elitist. It is just as bad as the muslim belief that women are property.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    "You all say this is 'satire' but what would happen if a conservative publication printed this tripe."

The artist is using parody to mock the belief system of white supremacists (as viewed by the artist). Parody like this occurs in almost every political cartoon you've ever seen. It's tripe when it's politically at odds with your beliefs. It's awesome when it's not.

If a right-wing publication or media property had the fortitude to call out the toxic wing of its political spectrum using this sort of parody, I'd cheer. I'd do the same if liberals also had the courage to take its more toxic groups out to the woodshed on occasion.

But neither will do that ever, because while we may not want these extremist lunatics as dinner guests, they're perfectly welcome as voters.

"Plus if the satirist did not think this way how did he come up with this garbage."

Yes, and if the authors of murder mystery novels never actually kill people, then how do they come up with their stories?

Holy shit! We must arrest all the murder mystery novelists!

Every time you post a political thread, you project as fact your beliefs about people who don't share your world view. You draw a picture (in words) of what you believe liberals think and want. The only difference between you and the National Lampoon artist above is a lack of self awareness that you're doing it.

That and enough rich irony to frost a wedding cake.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    LOL! This thread is truly a TUSCL gem.

Do you understand that you made a complete fool of yourself, @TT? The chart is meant to mock people like you and @GammaNu, but it's assumed that you have enough cognitive ability to understand that it's satire. When you postulate that some ethnic group evolved from a toaster, it's most likely a joke!! Right? And when @GammaNu continually calls other TUSCL members a "porch monkeys" do you understand why it's so offensive? It's offensive because it implies that some ethnic groups have not evolved past the Gibbons monkey. Just like the evolutionary chart shows.

• Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    When viewed as intended - as satire - it’s very funny. When viewed another way - it could be highly offensive. I’m happy to view it as intended.
  • jester214
    7 years ago
    "Plus if the satirist did not think this way how did he come up with this garbage."

Are you honestly suggesting that the person who made this thinks there's a genealogical relationship between Polish people and toasters?
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Satire is lost on many conservatives.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    The truth is wasted on many liberals.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    *any liberal.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    AH, gammu just proved my point! LOL But maybe he doesn't get it...?
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    @jester214 - lol! Very well said!
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Hmm...let's talk about truths that are lost on me:

The more guns people have in America, the safer a country we are.

Homosexuality is a learned behavior and morally wrong.

Anti LGBT laws are actually preserving freedom of religions expression as opposed to discriminating against fellow Americans..

Illegal immigrants are a major source of crime and take jobs from citizens.

Healthcare should only be provided to the rich.

Expeditionary wars make us safer.

I could go on....

• Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    You are making a huge jump - from a satirical article - to sweeping political party views.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion