tuscl

Anybody find their hookers identity out through facebook?

chessmaster
Illinois

14 comments

• Doces300
    7 years ago
    No, but I had a stripper find my real identity through facebook.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Interesting article. It's odd that fb won't disclose the methods used to connect users. I had an account - that I used to connect with whores and strippers.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Facebook is very creepy how it ties recommended people together. I have seen similar discussion, how someone can use a separate e-mail, separate physical computer, separate phone, it can still "out" you.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    The Facebook app tracks you, where you go, and what you do. It's all in the terms and conditions. If Facebook sees that you and another user are often in the same place at the same time, it will assume you know each other. Facebook also has permission to go through your contacts and history. If you and the dancer call each other from your normal phone (ie not burner phone), it will also put you two together.
    Rule 1: Don't download the Facebook app.
    Rule 2: If you don't the Facebook app, log out when you're not actively using it.
    Rule 3: Always log out of your Facebook account on your phone, PC, or tablet, because out will use cookies to track every site you visit.
    It's a brave new world.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I have one fake FB profile with a face that is not mine. Sometimes if I have little to do I will click around on FB Live from my old desktop machine. Never put their app on my phone.. I ick. I don't need more bloatware.
  • rl27
    7 years ago
    I have found out a few dancer's and hookers real identities by purely by accident. Most of the time I do find out, it's due to the person not paying attention. Such as posting a like to their clubs facebook, Instagram or similar sites on their personal account rather than their professional account.
  • Rick999
    7 years ago
    I found out if you use your email to donate to a Facebook gofundme page, Facebook will put your face right up there with suggested friends even if you made an anonymous donation. Then you find out Facebook doesn't believe in staying anonymous.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Agree with the creepiness aspect of Facebook. I think it tracks where you are if you sign in from there. Had it recommend some friends to me in NYC. Only common link, as far as I could tell is a bar we went too.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    FB is one of the three biggest privacy foes in the world, IMO. Google and the NSA would be the other two in the top three.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Twitter..........SA....then FB

but FB is the most careless/predatory about how it tracks someone and your PI
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I've found out several dancers names from FB because they're friends of other dancers and/or the waitresses. None of their pages indicates what they do for a living. About 4-5 dancers and ex-dancers also comment on my FB page which is nice. I never mention the club or dancing of course; they are like a civvie friend in that respect.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    One of my regulars has no FB at all, in fact the only on line mention I could find of her was when she sold her house. I don't think any sex worker should have a FB page; people like me will find you! LOL
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I came off of facebook because of the creepiness
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Facebook is easily the most aggressive and reprehensible at this, but the fact is, I've had strippers and hos show up on many of my other accounts, including WhatsApp, Instagram, Voxer, etc. Note that some of those aren't even social media, they're just texting or communication apps.

My general rule is: any app that connects me to other people -- whether it's social media like Instagram or Facebook, or texting/messaging like WhatsApp, or financial transactions like Venmo -- I do not use my real name, I sign up with an anonymous email account, and do not use my picture. So when my accounts shows up in stripper and ho "suggested connections" lists, there's absolutely no indication that it's me. Of course, same goes for my actual friends and acquaintances, I have to seek them out specifically, since they have no way of knowing the "Mike Hunt" in their suggested contacts list is actually me.

In addition, the Facebook app brings these kinds of interactions to a whole 'nother level, uninstall it from your phone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion