tuscl

The ignore button....thank you founder

georgebailey
Catalina
Great feature that lets us look at reviews and ignore the dorks.

36 comments

• Corvus
    7 years ago
    Amen brother, amen...
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Yes, thank you. I might not be on this site without it.
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    Yeah I had to use it myself after this last batch of spam. One click and the discussion page has a lot more posts that seem interesting.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Praise da lawrd
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I still see some people replying to the "ghosts" though. Maybe there can be a hidden "autoignore". As soon as some number of forumers (say... 20) ignore somebody on their own, that person is automatically ignored by all.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It's a very useful feature. Definitely one that makes for a more enjoyable experience.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    @Lurker_X: "Maybe there can be a hidden "autoignore". As soon as some number of forumers (say... 20) ignore somebody on their own, that person is automatically ignored by all."

So then I create 20 spam accounts to ignore a user I don't like and he or she is ghosted from the community.

I understand what your end goal is, though. It's hard to create a moderating tool that can't be manipulated by those with a lot of time on their hands.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    If enough people would ignore trolls, then they would not have the power and would go away. They garner power from responses. You can't troll people who don't respond.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I love the ignore feature and have many trolls on ignore. I won't hesitate either. If it's clear it's nothing but a lame troll account, they are going on ignore very early and ain't leaving.

Now, OTOH, we some funny world class trolls here who are very smart and hilarious and make TUSCL what it is. The funniest thing is that some of our dullest most humorless members (like little georgie microbrain and MisterDouche) will complain about them, when, in fact, the trolls are much smart and funnier than they are!
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    yes. Thanks for the ignore button.
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    I *love* the ignore button! Increasingly I ignore people who harp on the same few subjects over and over and over or the ones who are hateful in general or to me in particular. As a rule of thumb, if someone calls me @MrDouche more than once, he gets ignored, because nothing else he says about me (or anything else, IMO) is going to be worth reading :)

Hmm . . . if you *want* me to ignore you, I guess you know what to do now!
  • georgebailey
    7 years ago
    The only downside: if you're ignoring me you missed this.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    I have very sparingly used the ignore feature here on TUSCL. I find it is more effective to just not respond to those whose only purpose on this site is to troll.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I would agree that it has only taken 3 or 4 ignores to markedly improve this forum.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Dougster LMFAO Amen brother
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    I'm religious about avoiding the ignore button. Period. Love this unmoderated format and I would be a hypocrite to put anyone on ignore. If you want overmoderated horseshit, then go over to StripperWeb.

If I had to create the perfect troll-target in a test tube it would be @MrsDouche. Corpulent, overly-sensitive, dull-witted, Randoid, Islamaphobe who brags about scoring with post-menopausal stripper dregs. LOL!
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    *Islamophobe
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    LMFAO
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    ^ What Lurker said: 4 key ignores have improved this board immeasurably for me!
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    @vincemichaels - lol! This thread is very short having those folks on ignore!
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I prefer to ignore ppl (and most negative emotions) with borderline alcohol abuse. :) I often have to throw one back in self loathing, after laughing at the trolling.
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    rh48:. Only problem with just ignoring the trolls is that they still post 12 back to back threads of the same damn thing. That stuff ends up burying actual threads that I want to see or respond to.

• rh48hr
    7 years ago
    TFP - I meant putting them on ignore. My page doesn't see any of those threads and if they create a new persona, it is only a temporary annoyance. Without ignore, I would probably only come here for the reviews and I have met some really good people because of the discussion board.
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    Oh now I see what you mean lol. I thought you meant ignore as just pay no attention to all their spam. I tried to do that for the whole time I've been here but lately it's just become too much. 12 of the same threads created back to back talking about the same thing is plain ridiculous. That one ignore has made this forum a whole lot better for me.
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    Love your list @vincemichels, love it.

Although I assume you won't see this! Lol
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    bj99. i hope i'm not on your ignore list.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I find the ignore feature a bit hilarious, I don't have to respond to anyone or anything I don't want to some of the trolls are bright some of them are stupid if you are so thin skinned and easily baited than that's on you, OTOH if you are so thin skinned that you can't take a bit of fun go find some safe space to play in.
  • georgebailey
    7 years ago
    Damn.
    I thought I ignored vincemichels (not vincemichaels).
  • georgebailey
    7 years ago
    Okay. Ignoring him...
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    "Praise da lawrd"

Brilliant!
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    The principal trolls who burden up the message board with their topics remind of the the old USENET days, where everyone resorted to putting ASSC in the titles of their posts... there was so much Spam that people needed a way to find relevant and on-topic information through filters.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It's funny when someone who has been a member for a month complains about what other members post.

It's like tuning in to listen to Dan LeBatard and Stugotz and complaining that they veer into politics and pop culture and don't provide in depth sports analysis.

**** Caveat: Regardless of how long someone has been a member, it is always okay to point out the idiocy of SJG and his disciple, fishsticks.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Trolls love to troll.

GeorgeBailey, do you remember that awesome half hour we had in the VIP at Player's? I mean, you paid for it. :) Enough said.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Trolling isn't all that cut and dry. There are lots of different types of trolling behavior and I'm sure we are all guilty of at least one of these now and then. We all have he ones that annoy us most. Ugh.. the debate trolls :P

https://www.lifewire.com/types-of-intern…
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    ^^^ Nice link! Nina is #4, the forever offended troll.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Or even #5, the show off-know it all blabbermouth troll.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion