tuscl

Football

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:28 PM
The season starts Sunday not sure I'll get to see any of the games due to Irma but I'm rooting for the Giants to beat Dallas who are you rooting for.

192 comments

• san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    My CEL are ready! [view link] SJG
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    Being a Lions fan, what I hope happens and what I think will happen are often two completely different things. I hope for the Lions to win. When it comes to predicting each week's matchups, I usually think the Lions will lose, so I will pick against them.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    My lions always win. They eat Christians. Football is merely the opening act. SJG
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Of fuck off SJG we are sitting here waiting on a monster storm and all you want to do is be a fucking killjoy.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Watching my lions in action is tremendous fun! SJG
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    You mean your imaginary shit that's all you ever do is make up imaginary shit.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    I thought there was a game on tonight....Chiefs vs the Cheats
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    ^^^^^ then after that, my lions enter the stadium. [view link] SJG
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Whoever agreed to give Matt Stafford that much money needs kicked in the nuts so hard they wind up as tonsils throat!!!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @warrenboy I'll look but if it's on anything other than NFL network or espn they won't show it it's Wall to Wall storm coverage.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    @25, the game is on NBC
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Q. Why are the Detroit Lions like Detroit strippers? A. They both suck for four quarters.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Patriots vs chiefs tonight
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    My Christian Eating Lions are not like that. SJG
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Stay safe twentyfive..... I have friends in Houston and a lot of old buds that live in S Fla......most left yesterday and headed out to Atlanta.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Wanted to leave but circumstances beyond my control preclude that, but it looks like NBC is going to show the game after all we need a bit of a break.
  • grabbingsomepussy
    7 years ago
    Hey, Matt is worth the money, he's a bright spot in a bad dream over the last 60 years. (:
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The Vikings on Monday night. The season could go either way for them this year. The first game could determine the momentum for the entire season. I'm nervous as hell.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    All just opening acts for my Christian Eating Lions. SJG
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Looking forward to an injury free season for the Raiders, and what Mack can do now that they will have a better inside push and Edwards healthy to start the year. They finally have 2 good TEs, and a real power RB.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    11 posters on this thread and only 10 of them are actually discussing the topic. Anyone wanna guess who isn't?
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Ever since that 2016 Super Bowl where my Christian Eating Lions made their debut, there hasn't been any interest in football. After all, its such a silly and pointless game. SJG
  • rattdog
    7 years ago
    can anybody name the last 2 starting qb's for the lions before stafford? the money he just signed for is the going rate for a competent starting qb. at least he gives the lions some type of chance for respectabilty and consistency. without him they would be absolute garbage. in a few years guys like rodgers will be making more.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Would that be Kittna & Hill ?
  • grabbingsomepussy
    7 years ago
    Yep, rattdog you are right, there a few coming up for renewals that will surpass Stafford. That's pro sports.
  • grabbingsomepussy
    7 years ago
    I'm pulling for Dallas, twentyfive.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The higher QB salaries are all because of increasing TV income. Ratings dropped last year and it seems they may this year too. We may be near a peak.
  • rattdog
    7 years ago
    25 you got one in hill. the other was drew stanton.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Kansas City looks pretty damn strong great way to start the season beating New England at home less than three minutes to go and New England is down by over two touchdowns.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    25, Actually Thursday evening, and KC impresses!
  • RTP
    7 years ago
    I am a Panthers fan, should have a win this weekend, but not all that optimistic about the season. I was glad to see the Patriots lose, mostly because they win too much. I also do business with the Kraft family (not football related) and they are so pompous about their team, I like to see them lose. Of course, deals are easier when they are winning.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    i'm gonna be watching the Vikings this coming Monday with a cold beer in my hand and my beautiful Mexican CF in my lap :-)
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    So many football games to open for us. My Christian Eating Lions are going to be busy. SJG
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    which games y'all finna watch?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Da bears vs falcons is on at noon. Bears gonna be 0-1 soon as the season starts. :(
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    Lions vs. Cardinals
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Looks like we aren't going to get power back today so I doubt I'll be watching any football maybe tonight if it clears out I could find an open bar and watch the Giant game.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    So religion is the opium of the masses. But that was written a long time ago, when there was much more public and legal tolerance for opium. What might we say to day? Religion is the football of the masses? or maybe Football is the opium of the masses? SJG I'm tied up on f2f political matters right now, that's why I've not been posting much. [view link]
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Dalvin COOKed his ass! :-)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Giants are looking terrible this is going to be a disappointing season.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Don't hit anyone too hard or you'll get penalized 15 yards.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    NFC North Leading Vikings :-)
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    So, do we start Teddy next week ? I say we stick with Case until he gives us a reason not to. We can go pretty far with an efficient game manager.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    mark....i'm not high on brigewater......even before he got hurt. i think bradford gives us the best chance to win. but of course he's not healthy right now......i'm hoping sam can somehow play later in the season
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I think Sam is down to bone on bone in his knee. No cartilage left.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I wonder if the Giants are even going to win one game. They have become great at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    As far as the Dolphins are concerned, go Canes!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Guys, I’m going to the game today. I’m starting my drive to D.C. in an hour. :-) Should I wear my Moss. Tarkenton, Peterson, Carter or Krause jersey? Hmm
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Go Krause. Only the real Vikings fans will understand.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Took your advice mark. I’m here now.
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    Have fun Go Vikings! My team sucks BALLS, and today is pretty much the only real chance we have at a win. If we can't beat the NY Giants we will most likely join the Lions as the next 0-16 team.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Just thinking of the Vikings. They won the NFL Championship before the merger, but have lost all 4 Super Bowls they played. That is only topped by the Bills with 4 consecutive losses. Denver has lost 5, but did win 3.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    It’s a long con job on the part of the Vikings. We lost those Super Bowls on purpose so we could sneak up on everyone and win the SB at home this year.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I'm "whatever" when it comes to my Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Jones wants to be the man thus he won't hire a coach that will not be a "yes man" - thus the Cowboys IMO have mediocre coaches and the team will continue to be mediocre until they get an elite coach and not just a Jerry Jones yes man.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    mark lol i had a great time at the game. and then i went to a club in maryland after the game and met a STUNNER. and get this chulo, it was at ebony inn :-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ wow
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Big game today
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Thank goodness for NFL football and the limited nature of it's schedule. For the last 4 weeks "going out to watch football" has been my ticket to spend time with my SB. And today we have something extra special planned. The best part? She's perfectly happy if I have the game on and I'm watching it while she's sucking me. What a girl!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    joc yeah it’s fun watching football at the club.....especially with a fav
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I’m just afraid the Vikings will replace Keenum at some point with Teddy and he will look like a guy who hasn’t played for 2 years.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    My Lions have a chance this year to make it thru the playoffs. The team hasn't won playoff games enough in years, but if Stafford stays healthy. Maybe, just maybe this year.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^i think da bears might win!
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    TOUCHDOWN BEARS!!!
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @GV yeah, having games on makes it easier to sit here at the hotel waiting for SB and our special guest to show up. And, at the rate they're going, the timing should be perfect for round 1, go out to eat and watch the Raiders game, then back to hotel for round 2
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    I've been at brass flamingo in Indy for mnf two weeks in a row. what are the odds I get noticed if I go three weeks in a row at the same time for mnf?
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Increasingly, the teams that stay healthy succeed. It’s all about the injuries.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Lots of empty seats at the Meadowlands today !
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    :-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I'm assuming my Cowboys are gonna gets their asses kicked by Philly tonight
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Papi, Don't much care who wins, but I'd like to see a good game. After watching the Miami Disasters against Tampa Bay, I just want to see a good game.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    Big showdown coming up on Thanksgiving as my Lions host the Vikings. My Lions are 3-0 against divisional opponents, and all 3 of those games were on the road, which means they still have 3 home games against divisional opponents left on their schedule, starting with Thursday's game against the Vikings. I don't think I was even alive the last time the Lions beat all their divisional opponents on the road. With that said, Go Lions!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    ^ yeah, today’s game is big. we win, and the division is pretty much a wrap. we lose, and things will be very interesting for the rest of the regular season
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    GoVikings has totally hijacked 25's thread here.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    And I don’t care the Giants totally suck this year I hope they at least get a good draft pick this spring.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    25, It's the "good" that counts in draft picks. Oh, but to get the GREAT draft pick!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Actually they need a coach and a quarterback Manning is finished, washed up he can’t get the ball to anyone who could make a play, OBJ is finished for the season who knows if he will be back, they need to replace JPP he hast been what he was since he blew off half of his hand, the team defense is great on the line of scrimmage but they are to slow to react to off end runs and their pass defense is getting beat every week. They lose games in the second half and can’t score TDS so as a result they get beat on those 2 minute drills every time they just plain need an overhaul.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Manning is one of the most overrated QBs in history.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    25, Well, down here we have the Miami Disasters. BUT, we also have The U!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Yeah the Dolphins are a disaster but the Giants are worse thank god for the Hurricanes and I’m also a fan of the Gators.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    UCF vs. USF tomorrow is a bigger game than Saturday's FSU vs. Florida matchup.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Looks like the Lions might make a game out of this one in the second half.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Got a little interesting there with the blocked field goal returned for a Lions TD, only . . . it wasn't. Nice win, GV. Tough beat, 25. My hopes for tomorrow . . . The Bucs are screwed up more than the Falcons, and the Broncos are screwed up more than the Raiders. If Darelle Revis plays well for the Chiefs someone in the Raiders front office deserves to get kicked in the nuts for not signing him. They should even pick up the CB the Falcons just released if for no other reason than to add depth.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    HUGE win for the vikings. now we're up 3 games in the division with only 5 games remaining. i really hope we get the number 1 or 2 seed
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    25, A gaytor fan and a UM fan? Doesn't work unless you are a young whippersnapper or have lost your mind.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Sure it does I always rooted for the Canes but since my niece is going to UF when I visit her on game weekends I’ll root for her team
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Three quick facts about the Vikings 1. Only 2 starters are over the age of 28. 2. Our cap situation should let resign everyone as their contracts expire. 3. The majority of offensive starters were late draft picks or undrafted As long as we keep replenishing the team with talented draft picks, especially in later rounds, we can succeed for many years. We just need to make the right choice in QB in 2018.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I'm consoling myself right now with the reminder that the Raiders are also a young team, that last year was an "exceeded expectations" year, and if they can get to 9-7 despite all the injuries they've had this year, it will actually have been a good year. As a long time Raiders fan, I'm used to the famine after the feast, so if they can't figure it out and end up with draft picks in the upper third of each round, that won't be so bad either.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Any team that relies on a QB for success ( Raiders, Packers, ......) is just one unlucky injury away from a failed season. Sometimes, like with Brady and Bellicek, you can build a dynasty around a QB, but it’s risky. It’s better to build around a defense, an offensive line, and a game manager QB. Speaking of injury, is there any truth to the rumors that the Raiders offensive line gave up on Carr intentionally ?
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I don't think so, no. Carr publicly took blame for his injury last year and never blamed it on O-line. Has never called them out. Had huge praise for them last year. But, I do think Penn's holdout had a bad effect on the entire unit. Hurt morale right from the start. Gonna be interesting to see what the DC change does for the defense. They're so depleted in the secondary (how in the world did they NOT sign Darelle Revis?) it may not make any difference.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    mark94 i think our offense has FINALLY caught up to our defense. the vikings have had a top notch defense for 2 or 3 seasons, but the offense was holding them back. this season, however, the offense AND defense are both ranked highly. and to me, that's the difference. and yeah, as you pointed out, we've drafted well. gotta thanks slick rick for that. sure, we've missed at QB because we still don't have the same guy quarter-backing our team year in and year out---but QB is EASILY the hardest position to draft
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    25, I have 2 nephews that went to uf, and they know my thoughts and have no problem with that. I've two words for you to chew on, flop and gator. Later!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    How 'bout them Redskins!!!!
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    joc13 I think Mark94 was alluding more to the rumor that the O-line gave up on Carr after the whole kneel down incident. That game where almost the entire team kneeled except Carr, who was standing with his hand on his heart. It seemed like in that specific game and a few games after, the O-line was not blocking anywhere near as well as they had for the first two games. Which led many to believe the O-line did quit on their QB. It looked like it to me.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I somehow missed all of that. I knew Carr honored the national anthem, but I didn't realize he was the only one. Yeah, you would hope professional pride wouldn't cause something like that, but I know it could. I played O-line in HS and while we never blocked bad on purpose, I know we tried harder when there was a QB or RBs in the game we approved of. What I know of Carr is that there's nothing he probably wouldn't do to support his teammates EXCEPT disrespect someone else or some other institution.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Well, The U was The PU today! Pretty bad all around, but especially on offensive. Interesting the offense shouldn't be offensive, but they were. Shaker than normal punting. Terrible line play both sides of the ball. Two take aways and not a 1st down. Pitiful performance, but not out of it yet, unless they count a bad game at the end of the season more than at the beginning.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    UCF vs. USF has turned into a classic
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    A classic Charlie Strong heartbreak collapse. Wonder where Frost is going to leverage his time at UCF into a giant paycheck at?
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Wow, great game.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Not surprised the U lost, they've been pretty-inconsistent all-year - they are still a work-in-progress and they did not feel like a #2 team to me (but then again doesn't seem there are any dominant teams this year, even `Bama)
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Papi, True enough. They are ahead of what I expected when Richt came here. I figure last year would be decent, but nothing special, yet they won a bowl game. I didn't figure that till this year.This year I was figuring a decent bowl, but they are still in the championship hunt. Likely will get a major bowl which I was guessing for next season. Then the third year, where they are now in the championship hunt.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Auburn is Bama's Daddy!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    'Bama down - the Tide got rolled
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    what games y'all watching??
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    i'm gonna watch saints vs. rams should be a very good one
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    If the cards fall right, Bama is going to have 1 loss and get left out. Got all 4 NFL games on behind the bar at my local Taco Mac.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    local taco mac? please elaborate joc.....did you see that fight between talib and crabtree?
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    dang, miami hurricanes getting beat badly
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    That's great news, GoVikings unless you have money on the Canes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I never felt the Canes were that good, but after they kept winning I thought maybe I was being overly-critical - they don't belong on the same field with Clemson - it's gonna be bad - I stopped watching the game once it was 14 to 0 and switched to the Ohio State Wisconsin game but that too looks like it may be a blowout for Ohio St
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Fucking Buckeyes. I think I hate them more than 'Bama
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @govikings Taco Mac is a chain sports bar here in Atlanta and there's one very close to my house. Last Sunday, they had all 4 late games on the TVs behind the bar. I like it when the Falcons are in 1pm game and Raiders in 4pm game. All the Falcons fans clear out, and I can watch the late games with other customers that actually know football. Yeah, that fight was something else. Glad the suspension was reduced to one game. Glad Talib got suspended, too. He should have been penalized/suspended for the chain thing last year. Should be able to survive Giants game without Crabtree and Cooper (concussion after cheap shot) since Macadoo decided to commit professional suicide.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Papi, It was brutal, for sure. Sort of puts them back on the schedule I mentioned above.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    @joc13 That’s pretty cool. Vikings keep on rolling. Never would have thought we would hold Falcons at Atlanta to only 9 points. That was a hard fought game
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Proves Vikings are legit. Enjoy the run they're on!
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Raiders win. In tie with KC and Chargers for first place and play KC next week. Playoffs start for the Raiders next week. Win 3 of the last 4 and they're in. Looks like only the AFC West champ is going to be in this year.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Good Sunday night game - good level of play
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    we're the number 1 seed now :-)
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I’m trying really hard to not get optimistic about the Vikings because I have 50 years of experience of them losing the moment I think we have a chance.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I have to be the same way with the Raiders. Better to expect disaster and be pleasantly surprised if good things happen instead.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    mark, 0-4 in Super Bowls can do that. For me, 2-3 is bad enough.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Giants fired mcadoo this morning. What took so long?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^mcadoo and the gm.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I feel the same away about the Cowboys - I feel they will always fall short of expectations as long as Jerry Jones has the influence he has over the team.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    @ panthers today
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Papi, There is one that has more influence over the Cowboys, Mr. Fan. Problem is, will tHEy exercise that influence?
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    bengals today
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Some good match-ups today - Pitt/NE and Rams/Seattle - too bad they are playing at the same time since I'd like to watch both games in full
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Eli is on a tear looked like he’s out to prove a point against Philly.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Papi i got it even worse since im in cleveland. Im not getting either game. :(
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^who knows maybe cleveland will get one. If not today, next week against da bears for sure.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @chessmaster get red zone on NFL network you can keep track of all the games in progress that way.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "Eli is on a tear looked like he’s out to prove a point against Philly." Sorry, IF they win it only proves they can beat nick foles.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Well that’s crap don’t be such a hater, the Eagles have a pretty good defense and Foles is only on the field when Eli is off the field.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^lol
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    GoVikings what are the chances Cincinnati comes back? :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Holly shit - what a game (Pitt/NE)
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Patriots winning against the most talented roster in the NFL with guys off the street playing defense. Go Fucking Pats!!!
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Needless to say i think a lot of people thought that last play was a td. FUCK BRADY AND THE PATRIOTS!!!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    @chess haha :-) we're nfc north champs.....i ain't too excited about it tho.........i wanna be superbowl champs
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Can't wait until the Patriots cheat again. LMAO
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Runner has the ball and passes it over the goal line and doesn't even need to touch it himself, touchdown. A receiver catches the ball passes it over the goal line, might not be a touchdown. DUMB, at best!
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    I guess there was an NFL rule I didn't know. Patterson fumbles, ball goes out of bounds, Raiders keep the ball at the spot of the fumble. Carr fumbles, ball goes through end zone, Cowboys get the ball. Even though they never touched it. Damn, that one hurt. @govikings I'm happy for you. I'm a Falcons fan too, so here's hoping we'll see you in the playoffs.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    In these days of instant communications, there is an easy way to fix these "officiating" and rules things.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Here we go Vikings, Here we go!!
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    Go, Going for 0-5? :)
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    GO DETROIT, GO !!! It's snowing but we don't care !
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    If all goes well, and I’m not guaranteeing it, the Vikings could play their next 4 games at home.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Bears today
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Cleveland is 0-16. Smdh.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    Need Falcons to win to make sure they get in the playoffs and Raiders to win to keep the Chargers out (and to end season on more positive note before the short lived era of the Raiders behaving like a professional organization comes to an end in favor of the circus they are rumored to be contemplating; sounds like whatever mental disorder Al Davis had during his last 10 years has manifested in Mark too) GV: Your guys are looking good!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    joc13...yeah i'm excited. did you hear the raiders are pursuing Gruden?
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Yes!! Da bears fired john fox!
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Zimmer mentioned that the last 5 SBs were won by teams with a first week bye. Huge advantage for Vikings. If Eagles lose in first round, we’ve got home field through the SB.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    "did you hear the raiders are pursuing Gruden?" Yeah, that's the circus that I was referring to.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    We got some good games for wild card weekend!
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    joc13....i think the Raiders made a knee jerk reaction firing del rio. i don't think they should have gotten rid of him after one disappointing season---especially in a league like the NFL that has parity--as evidenced by the fact that pretty much every year you have a bunch of NEW playoff teams (teams that didn't make it the year before) plus, the raiders seem to be extremely confident in Gruden to the extent that they're willing to give him part ownership stake as well. i mean like john gruden (he's very entertaining IMO) and i hope he comes back, but i don't see him as some god coach who all of a sudden will make everything peaches and cream
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Gruden was a good coach - he took the Raiders to the AFC championship game and they were really good and playing at a high level - and he won the SB with the Bucs - I don't think either team had done much since. And I don't think they would have gotten rid of Del Rio if they weren't pretty-sure that Gruden was interested - there had been grumblings for a while now about Gruden talking to other people about their possible interest in being part of a future coaching staff.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    To put this in SC terms, I'm afraid the Raiders are letting go of a steady dependable 8 CF using the excuse of one bad date, all because a 10 who's been away for a while comes back with a clean lab results sheet promising BBFS in VIP.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Sounds like a good reason to dump the CF to me, unless she is providing comparable service.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    UCF!!!!!!
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    We're 0-16! Browns have a rare perfect season! Celebration parade is Jan 6th outside the factory of sadness. And our idiot owner rebate Jimmy Haslem who changes coaches more often than he changes his socks is keeping incompetent head coach 1-31 Hue Jackson stating "And I don't think Hue's lost his magic on how to call plays or how to run an offense or how to coach a team.'' What magic? He's 1-31! Unfreakingbelievable! Cleveland fans deserve better than the clown running the Browns! Rant over, good luck to you guys that have "real" teams in the playoffs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Good game - GA/OK
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    The college OT sucks hippo cock.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ yeah, the level these guys are playing at the OT rules are kinda kid's play
  • Daddillac
    7 years ago
    Go dawgssssss ...... awesome game
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    playoffs
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    The two division winners lost Saturday.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    Playoffs!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    This weekend could give us some real surprises, although I'm not willing to bet the farm, Brady is questionable to play this weekend against the Jags, and I see the Philly - Vikings game as more of a toss-up, I don't really care for the line on this game, I'm rooting for a Super Bowl LII to be a Jacksonville vs Vikings with the Vikings being, I believe, the first team to play a Superbowl at home.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Who’s ready for some football!
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Wow - Jax is kinda imposing their will vs NE, still early though
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    SkolVikings!
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    can’t wait for the game later today
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Holy Hell if Jacksonville can keep this level of intensity up for 60 minutes, Minnesota is in for a rough Super Bowl !
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I tell you this New England always gets the breaks that ball wasn't catch-able, yet they still called pass interference, that sucks in a championship game !
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    NE showing the heart of a champion - drove the length of the field for a TD in 2-minutes
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Can't remember the last time I rooted for NE as I always root for the underdog unless it's my favorite team playing - but Jax is acting too cocky for my tastes and find myself kinda rooting for NE
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Still got one half to go, and since New England scored late, we have a whole new ball game. I would love to see Jacksonville pull off the upset, but I have my doubts given the experience New England has. If Jacksonville does pull this one out, it will be a guarantee that a franchise is going to win their first Super Bowl.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Fuck NE
  • ime
    6 years ago
    rong New England fucks you. You have to play the full 60 minutes to beat them.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    New England sure pulled this one out, Hella Effort
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    Good game played by Jacksonville. In the end, New England did what they have done many times throughout the years, play hard for 4 quarters and make the big plays when they needed to.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Dont know how many people noticed but there was a hold on that last play that im 110% sure would have been called if new england was being held.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    FUCK THE PATRIOTS!
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Chess, there were holds all over the field all game. J'ville got away with plenty of them too. The refs weren't calling them unless they were blatantly turning guys around. This has actually been the case across the league all season, which is why this has been the year of the defense. So with all of that said, GO PATS!!!! J'ville lost because the offense checked out after the first half. If J'ville had even a decent throwing quarterback who didn't need such protective game planning in order to succeed, they probably would have won.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ +100 chessmaster
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Haters Gonna' Hate ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    TB12 is in a league of his own and was the difference maker
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Not looking good for the vikings.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    At 38-7 with 14:10 left in the game, I'd say that it's over for the Vikings. Looks like another Pats/Eagles Superbowl.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The Vikings were as good as their strip clubs
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Sorry. but I see the hit that lead to a late second half TD for ne, a bad call. Yes, their helmets hit, but it was obvious the defender turned his shoulder into the receiver before contact. How often do you see a defender going low and the offensive player tries to get lower? Heads hit! It's a part of football. In the late game a number of helmet hits occurred with out a flag. It happens. I didn't see the ne hit as intentional. That is the difference!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion