tuscl

Over charged

KJ702
Texas
Saturday, September 2, 2017 6:53 PM
I went to the club Thursday in the day with a buddy and $350. I was there to see an atf I enjoyed her company and her friends I run through my cash. I open a tab to order one round of drinks $40 and another. when I signed the recipiet I didn't pay attention to how much it was I was expecting no more than $100. I was charged $254 like $154 over lol. Went back the next day (yesterday) talked to the manager in his office in the back where he told me to email him wensday. While I'm there my atf starts texting me and calling me lol I leave from the office get a drink and find her outside with her friends. I tell her what's up blamed the waitress Not her. Spent like 7 hours there with her. Anyone esl been overcharged ? Glad i found this place thought I was one the few people who enjoys a sc

26 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    So if you are posting a warning to the rest of us at least tell us where this is and who is the waitress.
  • KJ702
    7 years ago
    It was treasures in Houston!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    TY And who was the waitress, or are you not clear on who was the responsible party.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    Never been over charged. I've also never used a credit card in a strip club. I think breaking out the plastic is a very bad idea when in a strip club. It's just not worth it.
  • KJ702
    7 years ago
    Her name was Thai I think she tried to get a fast one over on me and I wouldn't notice or say something. Wrong especially sense I using cash all night and tipping her it made me mad enough to not let it slide and return to talk to the manager.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    No, but that's why we constantly tell people Cash only, don't use charge cards or club ATM's. We hear the same complaints over and over and over again.
  • K
    7 years ago
    I always pay cash and never run a tab in a SC to avoid this and other problems "Wrong especially sense I using cash all night and tipping her it made me mad enough to not let it slide and return to talk to the manager." You were using cash all night but somehow she over charged you and you signed a receipt ?
  • KJ702
    7 years ago
    Yes once I ran through my cash I purchased 2 rounds of drinks with my card. Before I left
  • BurlingtonHoFactory
    7 years ago
    @vincemichaels, @Cashman1234, Can't he just dispute the charge through the credit card company if they won't refund the money to his satisfaction? Compared to a debit card, credit cards at least offer some protection. As for using club ATMs, I'm guilty of that one myself. I always go in with a certain amount of cash, swearing to myself that I won't spend more than I have on me... but then I sometimes hit their ATM anyway. Now this post has me thinking, though, because recently I went to a club, used their ATM, got hit with their $20 fee (!), and then the receipt printed out blank. They must have run out of ink, I guess. This post has me paranoid that they're going to withdraw more from my account than I asked for and I don't even have a receipt to say otherwise. But at least he should be okay because he used a CC, right? Also, good for you, OP, still whoring it up in Houston even after the hurricane. Fuck that storm!
  • grabbingsomepussy
    7 years ago
    Yes, one has to contact the bank card people to dispute it. Better to be safe.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    @BurlingtonHoFactory, my debit card offers the same protections as the bank for disputes. They even front me the money. I know this because I don't have a credit card nor a charge card. The policy they use isn't written in stone, but the bank manager there (who was the same manager when I opened the account 20 years ago) always treats me like family. I don't know how normal that is. @KJ702, that's why I always bring $100 more, cash, than I plan on spending. The two times I needed to use the ATM in a SC in my whole life, was for under $100 each time. So I just bring the extra $100 as my buffer in case I go over (on dances or drinks). It's served me well. I'd consider something like that in the future.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    You wouldn't be overcharged, at the bar, at my club. Maybe VIP. Always best to only bring the cash you want to spend.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I was once charged double for my drinks at the Flight Club. I brought this to management's attention the next time I was in the club, and they issued me a credit. There are dangers with credit cards but there are also dangers with cash. You can dispute credit card charges. But if you lose cash you can't get it back.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    @burlingtonhofactory you make a good point. He can dispute the charge with the credit card company. The challenge will be having his signature on the receipt. I'm sure the credit card company will have a procedure to handle it and it's probably worth a try.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    "The challenge will be having his signature on the receipt."---Yeah it will. Who the hell signs a credit card receipt without reading it first? Signing it is an acknowledgement that all is in order with the charges. The time to dispute an overcharge is immediately. You can still dispute later that the product delivered is not what was promised, but good luck with that on strip club services. I don't think your CC company will be very sympathetic to your argument that you were promised FS but only got a hand job.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^I agree I wouldn't think disputing the charges on a signed receipt was a winning argument, drunk or not.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    @doctorevil: "I don't think your CC company will be very sympathetic to your argument that you were promised FS but only got a hand job." Classic! One thing I'm not clear on, he signed the receipt without noticing the amount? When you sign the receipt, don't you base the tip on the amount? In any event, I'd never, ever consider using a CC at a sex establishment. CC companies are usually good about removing disputed charges, at least mine is. But, like Doc said, it would be awkward, if not embarrassing, and probably not successful disputing a strip club charge ("ma'am, I'm positive I had just two lap dances and one VIP session").
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    > it would be awkward, if not embarrassing, and probably not successful disputing a strip club charge ("ma'am, I'm positive I had just two lap dances and one VIP session"). And then it would be even more awkward if the club supplied timestamped video of the services relating to the charges to the credit card company. I mean, you could go forensic and say look, at 16:02 I touched her tit exactly the same way as at 1:02, they faked the timestamp and just looped the same 15 minute VIP to make it look like 30 minutes! That is not a conversation I would want to be having with the bank, though.
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    In my opinion anyone dumb enough to use a CC in a strip club and then not read the receipt before signing it deserves to get ripped off. Life's a bitch, especially when you grease your ass, bend over and spread your own cheeks. You're lucky it wasn't even more than $154 above what you expected. At least maybe someone reading the OP might learn something from this dumbass mistake?
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    CASH ONLY. took me a while to learn. and cash itself has its own problems. especially when the little brain is in control.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I say chalk this one up as a learning experience. Don't come down too hard on yourself, there are plenty of us that think you are a dumbass.
  • TxVegas
    7 years ago
    Don't fall in love with a stripper. Don't ever use a credit card in a club.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    I don't agree with the mantra "never use a CC." Sometimes I will use a CC for food and drinks to save my cash for dances. I have never had a problem using a CC in an upscale type of club. You do have to be careful and keep your wits about you. I wouldn't use one in a dive. And don't get so drunk that you lose track of how many drinks you have had or bought for the girls. And read the f'ing receipts before you sign it.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    ^^^^The other issue I'd have about using a CC in a strip club is having someone steal your CC info (number, expiration date, security code) to use at a later date. These places have high turnover. What to stop someone from discretely taking a quick photo of the front and back of your card and then using that info after they've moved onto another job? It might be convoluted, the chances might be slim, but why take the chance when you can simply use cash and not leave a paper trail? I'd rather not be on the phone with a CC company rep trying to convince him/her that the charges from "The Booby Trap" or some similar establishment are not legit.
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    JAprufrock: What you suggest can happen, and does happen, in regular restaurants where, after you place your CC on the table, they take it away out-of-sight to run the charge and then bring it and the receipt back to you to sign. Yes, lower end strip clubs probably employ a higher percentage of unsavory characters that might engage in this type of fraud than your average restaurant. Higher end clubs probably do too, but I have never had a problem. The U.S. needs to follow the practice I saw in Europe earlier this year. In every restaurant I went to in France and Italy, the CC was not taken to the back out-of-sight to run the charge. Instead, the waiter brought a mobile CC terminal to the table, ran the charge, and printed the receipt for signature in front of me. The U.S. is way behind on this, as it was with chip cards, which are just now becoming prevalent.
  • KJ702
    7 years ago
    Great and thx
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion