tuscl

How does a ppv event affect stripper availability?

Estafador
BIG APPLE
Sunday, August 27, 2017 2:13 PM
So I meant to ask this last night but I was busy trying to get wett. So now that the fight has passed (don't know what McGregor was thinking lmao), how busy was the strip club. And by busy I mean how available we're the hot strippers?

33 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I've never been to one but if I had to pay to watch an event, I would be watching the event rather than any strippers.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I agree with shadow
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    My GUESS is: many guys get a free pass from their girlfriends and wives to get together with their buddies to watch the fights. Since they're out already, and free passes are hard to come by, post-fight the strip clubs fill to the brim with once-a-year-boys-night-out guys, and the strippers know it. I certainly know in Vegas it's wall-to-wall hottest strippers on fight night, but that's Vegas and has its own rules. But my personal guess is that regular strip clubs see a bump in customers and strippers, too
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I dislike crowds so I avoid
  • Doces300
    7 years ago
    I definitely lowered availability at one of my regular clubs. The 3 hottest strippers were out at sports bar watching the fight lol.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    they were showing the fight at my local paper moon.... and the cover was FIFTY DOLLARS Safe to say I went to Buffalo Wild Wings instead lol
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Shit it was 50 bones to get in hooters and there's less tits.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I was able to watch at a local sports bar on the inter coastal called BoKampers run and owned by a former Dolphin star with no admission just paid the valet a tip and hung out at the bar with two friends. Plenty of smoking hot 9s & 10s both as waitresses and single women.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    I went to a local sports bar and the cover was only $25. I didn't arrive early enough to have a seat, but I did find a spot at the bar where I could just stand and watch. When there isn't an event like this, a normal Saturday night at this place is really more like a hybrid between a sports bar and a nightclub. This place usually has plenty of eye candy to stare at in terms of staff and patrons, and last night was no different.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Yeah my local club was charging $40
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I was at work getting IG updates
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I had $300 on the white boy :(
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I haven't noticed much difference in stripper availability, but parking and seating availability are a different story. At one club I would go to they would stop running stage for ppv fights and the Super Bowl, so the dancers were mostly sitting around bored.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I was at twin peaks right down the road from Hi-Liter. I ran into some friends who were headed to HL after the fight. I almost went with them but did not. I thought it would be crazy busy there and warned them it might be hard to find a seat. There was also a football game last night. I'm sure it would have been hard to get with a dancer you liked.
  • rl27
    7 years ago
    Most clubs seem treat a pay per view event like a feature and charge the same as a feature which is $20 to $25 where I go. These clubs are often the chains or more upscale clubs and there is usually quite a few dancers working. I tend to avoid pay per view events even more than I avoid a feature in these club. Unlike during a feature act, there are no dances during the event, which is often the best time to get a dance. The next type of clubs charge a lot more for pay per view events. Usually $40 to $50 per person with some discount for large parties. I never go then. Not worth it. The best clubs are those who don't charge any extra for pay per view. These types of clubs are usually the less upscale clubs and usually have the least number of customers there just to see the fight. So the dancers are usually in a lot better mood than the first two types. One of my favorite clubs there is music playing and dancing going on during the event, and I get some of the best dances during the event because the bouncers are often occupied making sure the customers don't get into fights during the fight than watching whether a dancer and customer is getting a bit to hands on with each other. I go to the clubs that don't charge extra.
  • rl27
    7 years ago
    The last line should be 'For this reason, I go to the clubs that don't charge extra.'
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    I was at a private party at the holiday inn
  • MackTruck
    7 years ago
    I was fucking santa claus
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Streamed it, wasnt paying for that joke. Drove past the club on the way to wendys...lot was deserted.
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    Lol damn, guess the ppv wasn't even worth the trip it seems. Makes sense seeing how mma hypebeast will not trump a boxing legend on sanctioned ground
  • ime
    7 years ago
    I know someone who runs a bar he said to do a viewing it cost $4800. He didn't think the bar was big enough and didn't want to charge a huge cover so they didn't get it.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    For a non pro boxer to go 10 rounds against one of the best pros ever that is pretty dann good. If they went MMA floyd wouldn't last a round.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    Floyd simply went 60% for most of it, so people wouldn't feel like the complete suckers that he and Conor played us for, then lit Conor up when he wanted and finished it. Floyd wasn't really even sweating after that fight, he looked completely fresh. The smiling and laughing at the end -- two business partners who pulled a fast one
  • Ch3ll
    7 years ago
    I think it depends on the club. If it's a popular club already and they're hosting the fight you'll have a nice turnout of dancers. On the other hand if it's a mediocre one, you'll have a bunch of strippers too, but the vibe they give off is different since it's a small customer to dancer ratio.
  • Ch3ll
    7 years ago
    I got some fight posters from a dancer after a fight night, since we were going OTC after club closing.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    I hung out at two smaller clubs that were unwilling to pay the fee to show the fight. Customers were light, ladies about the same as usual, until it was over and more guys arrived
  • day_trader
    7 years ago
    I was out at one of my local clubs on Saturday night, they weren't carrying the fight. It was actually pretty dead for most of the night, when the fight was over it got crazy busy. Seemed like the number of dancers was down as well.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Keep in mind what ime said, he is correct. In most cases the cable company charges the bar for each TV or each cable box they have. No joke, a bar could be on the hook for several thousand dollars if they have something like 20 TVs, that's why the cover charge is needed, although some places are gouging.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Dunno how accurate this is, but the bartender told me the price is affected by seating capacity, sort of like ASAP fees for music. This was in a spacious club, that normally only bothers to light one half of it most of the time... Certainly I could see such a fee structure being a problem.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Lurker_x Years ago I did some work at a large nightclub, at the time there was a PPV event involving Mike Tyson, the corporate manager invited me to join him that evening and I remember the conversation he and I had where he told me his admissions were subject to audit by Don King Productions as his payment to PPV was based on admission fees.
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    Paid the normal $10 at the local spot here (Savannah's, Harrisburg PA). The dancer/customer ratio was out of whack since there were so many people there for the fight - I've gone on UFC fight nights and it hasn't been anywhere close - but I don't know if it affected availability. One girl approached me at the very end of the night...last song, actually...and when she asked me how my night was, I told her about the lack of attention (including her, I've been approached twice in three four-hour visits). She said it was due to the fight. I didn't believe her due to my experiences, but she did say it.
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    I was told that the police closed off the parking lot at Tootsies & the line was out the door. E11even was charging $100 at the door
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    If I were going to Tootsies I'd have been there no later than 6.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion