tuscl

OT: Jackfruit

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I saw them in the Kroger produce section today and had never heard of them. Anybody ever eat one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackfruit

8 comments

• flagooner
    7 years ago
    I'd rather eat Jill's fruit.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    whaddya know, a fruit named after our very own jackslash!
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    ^^^ I didn't see any of those at Kroger's today. Are they better than Jackfruit? How do you know?
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    I've had it a few times in SE Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore) but it was many years ago so I can't describe the taste. I remember that it was sweet but quite different from mango and *nothing* like durian!
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Are they saying Jack is a fruit?
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    ^ lol haha
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    I'm not crazy about jackfruit. I think they are pretty flavorless. But they are cool looking on the tree!

Several years ago on a visit to southern China I was gifted several bags of jackfruit chips by friends as a parting gift. I was really worried that US customs would wonder why I had bags of jackfruit chips and a big block of tea in my bags. But it is rude to turn down gifts so I took them and packed them.

But why not try some? Worst thing that is possible is that you find them non-brilliant! And you might like them! :)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Why not try these mushrooms, or better yet the hemlock?

Worst thing that is possible is that you find them non-brilliant! And you might like them! :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion