tuscl

Throttling a Troll

bubba267
Livin my inner redneck
Okay, I admit it...sometimes the trolls get to me. If nothing else, just their waste of visual space on the discussion board. Would you be in favor of a strict policy limiting an IP address to one account? I'm not in favor of censorship and if the troll is really motivated, they could still create an account at each place they have computer access. What do you think?

30 comments

• WetWilly
    7 years ago
    It's so easy to hit the ignore button...... it takes 2 seconds......
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    The use of NAT by companies, ISPs, and cell phone networks makes that difficult. Two TUSCL members sitting in the same coffee shop using their WiFi or connected to the same cell tower might actually have the same public IP address at that particular moment.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Ignore button is the easiest and most effective way to avoid those those people who annoy you.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    RickyBoy and his 100s of multiple aliases are responsible for 95% of trolling on this board. If we could just do something about him, TUSCL would be a much better place.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Got that faggot txtittygurl on ignore.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I've never noticed any trolls.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    My understanding of ip addresses is that they can change each time you log out and log back in. ???
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    Wouldn't even matter cuz you can use proxy services from the same computer.

The ignore button is the easiest solution. Use it frequently.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Is it possible for me to find out how many people have me on ignore?

That would make a good top 40 list for founder.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    I do use the ignore button but have left one or two guys off because sometimes they have valid, interesting points. Thanks for the other technical hurdles to the idea.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Shadow, others are smarter than me on this but unless you are using a proxy service I don't think you get a new IP each time. Comcast, and AT&T have static IP as far as I know.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    bubba267 - I wasn't sure about my statement. That's why the ??? at the end. Thanks.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    With home Internet service you are likely able to keep the same address for a long time since the equipment stays on all the time.

But, if you have to power cycle to fix a glitch, or the power goes out, you're not guaranteed to get the same address back again.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    This is a terrific, unmoderated, forum and I avoid the ignore button religiously. Enjoy the freedom of saying whatever you want, and grant everyone else the same privilege.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    Ace point jackslash!

Joking aside, I always find the troll complaints interesting. Trolling is in the eye of the beholder.

There are people I don't understand. Take anonlvone for example. I don't care that that he was into conspiracy theories. I just didn't understand why conspiracy theories were the ONLY thing he wanted to post about on a strip club board.

But was he trolling? I don't think so. He genuinely was a crazy weirdo that liked to post conspiracy theories. He actually kept PMing me after he stopped posting, presumably because he feels so strongly about his crazy conspiracy theories! ;)

I have no doubt that some people are trying to fuck with other people. But how do you tell the weirdos from the trolls? I am a weirdo and I know I irritate some people. If they don't like me they can click ignore. I'm not intentionally trying to irritate them but if they don't find what I say to their taste they can just click ignore!

Maybe somebody you are irritated by is genuinely trying to irritate people. Maybe not. Just click ignore if you want to and figure that it takes people more time to create a new alias than it takes for you to click ignore! ;)

That's the brilliant way!
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    I agree with Bubba. Unfortunately the problem with the ignore function is it only works when logged in. If you want to just quickly check in without typing you login/password, you have to plow through the useless inane garbage left by the trolls.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    The main keys to throttling a troll on TUSCL is to:

1. Recognize the juicebox69 alias trolls (it's pretty easy to recognize the Juice aliases). His most recent trolls are UGK22, trish_club_lust, brotherfoghorn, dancingtruck, bigdicksammy, etc, etc, etc

2. Hit the ignore button right away
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    _^^^Thats funny coming from a major troll like yourself.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    @25- you said Juicebox is one of the smartest people on TUSCL. That's probably the dumbest thing anyone has ever uttered on TUSCL, but then again you have limited brain cells (25 to be exact) so no one expecting you to be smart :) Oh BTW I highly doubt Bubba had me in mind when he was talking about trolls dumbass :) :)
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Interesting comments from some that I know are posting under multiple accounts. Does that constitute trolling? Maybe not the worst kind but I find it ridiculous when a member posts a topic then answers their own post with an alias. I have very few on ignore but will do so when/where my tolerance drops. Thanks for all the comments.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Ooo Mr i barebacked a stripper and I'm going to die, Mr I made it rain thirty thousand on a stripper , Mr moron calling me stupid, ignorant lil fishy calling Juice stupid and unsuccessfully bashing me
    You should write a book and call it "How to lose friends and influence people to dislike you".
    You're a troll yourself and not a particularly funny one.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    i know what you mean bubba. even though you can use the ignore function, it can still be pretty annoying. each time a new troll account appears, you gotta ignore another one.

the worst part is.....its likely the same one or two people who controls all those troll accounts
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    The worst part of putting a troll on ignore is when you see a new comment to a topic you started, you scroll down to the bottom to find no post because you had that troll on ignore.

I know it's difficult because we're programmed to fight back but the best course of action against trolls is simply to not respond to any and I mean any posts that they make. This really upsets them more than anything you could say because the only exist for the attention. Most are just lonely people that can't get laid.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    ^ very well said. couldn't agree more. especially about the part on how to handle them
  • Alter_Kocker96
    7 years ago
    SC +1000 "I know it's difficult because we're programmed to fight back but the best course of action against trolls is simply to not respond to any and I mean any posts that they make. This really upsets them more than anything you could say because the only exist for the attention. Most are just lonely people that can't get laid."

There is no loneliness greater than the loneliness of a failure. The failure is a stranger in his own house. Eric Hoffer

Trolls have other motives: to gain a sense of power over other; dominate.

Our sense of power is more vivid when we break a man's spirit than when we win his heart. Eric Hoffer

And another motive: sadism - the pleasure gained from inflicting emotional pain on others, e.g. RIP trolling on memorial pages of a recently deceased person.

It's easy to find examples of all 3 types on TUSCL

AK
    Man plans; God laughs
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Eric Hoffer takes it in the ass. Just saying.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Throttling a troll? Sounds like a euphemism for choking the chicken.
    Beating the meat.
    Spanking the monkey.

• Alter_Kocker96
    7 years ago
    flag - if the shoe fits........

happy to see you recognized yourself in one of his aphorisms........just saying.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    LOL
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    @gamma....pretty funny, but hands around the troll's neck is what I was thinking as I wrote the topic. :)))
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion