tuscl

Clubs You Have Reviewed Now Closed

rh48hr
Wakanda
Wednesday, July 5, 2017 6:57 PM
How many clubs have you reviewed in the last 10 years that are now closed? I was going through the clubs I have reviewed since I joined the site, and two of the clubs (both in the Pittsburgh area) are now closed. I'm sure there are clubs some of you went to 20-30 years ago which are no longer open. So for the purposes of this thread, lets say clubs you have reviewed in the last 10 years that are now closed. If you know why they closed, you can list this information as well. For me two (2) clubs: Both in Pittsburgh Suburbs Gloria's Cantina Lounge - Raided for drugs and prostitution Silky's - Don't know the exact reason, but it was a dive club and I suspect it wasn't making much money with another club down the road (Club Erotica) making bank.

33 comments

• GoVikings
    7 years ago
    off the top of my head, club fuego in hyattsville maryland winkers in winston salem north carolina there MIGHT be more......but those two i know for sure
  • TheeOSU
    7 years ago
    3 have closed and possibly a 4th that is supposedly closed for repairs but may not reopen. Adding local only clubs i've been to before i joined TUSCL so didn't review i can quickly think of 5 more and i suppose if i really gave it some thought there would be more. It's a tough business and the choking Ohio laws certainly don't help when i consider that i can quickly think of 8 clubs i've been to that have closed in just the past 6-7 years.
  • ThreeDollarBill
    7 years ago
    Just one, but I'm betting someone reopens it.... Stevie teeze in NJ
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    1) Spotlight Cabaret Hialeah, FL (suburb of Miami) - has had clubs on and off in that location but most don't seem to stick - currently Heads or Tails in that location which opened a year ago or so but does not seem to be doing that well 2) Extacy North (Miami) - sister club of Extacy further south in the county - both clubs suck - Extacy North was only open about a year and it was only bikini (seems they could not have the permits to be a full-fledged strip club so would not survive since all clubs in South FL are full-nude) - it's in the hood and there had been clubs there in past years but they didn't seem to last long 3) Take One (down the street from Extacy North) - been around since the 70s (small black club) - closed a year+ ago (the original owner was murdered inside the club in the late 2000s; it was an inside job) - club recently opened as "One" and owned by former Colts RB Edgerin James but I heard it's only open Th- Sat eves only (haven't been yet) 4) Stilleto (near Miami Airport) - not a good location tucked away in a commercial area - club lasted a year or so (too much SC competition in Miami) - location now has a Booby Trap club (1 of 4 in South FL) 5) The Office Falls (Miami) - sister club of The Office but further south (black clubs) - location has had othre clubs there in the past and seem not to stick 6) Vivid Live - nice upscale club - seems there were supposed to be a whole bunch of clubs w/ the Vivid name across the country - but did not survive due to too-many established clubs in Miami - did not last long as is now a gay club 7) Angels - small black club in North Miami which had good clientele - supposedly it closed for renovations about 3 years ago and never reopened 8) Black Diamonds - upscale(ish) black club in north Miami - lasted about a year - location had other clubs going back to the 80s and now has a club called Miami Gold but does not seem to be doing well 9) Flavors - smallish black club in Pompano, FL - in a very small strip mall - restaurant's kitchen next door caught fire and took the club down w/ it about 2-years ago - supposed to reopen but hasn't 10) Pleasers Atlanta - small black club which I believe also caught fire but you couldn't tell if anyone got burned from looking at the custies (just a little ethnic humor there :)) 11) Shooter Alley Atlanta - nice black club w/ some ebony babes - lost liquor license and shut down 12) Crazy Horse Detroit - smallish black club - I think it got damaged due to flooding - recently opened as VLive I believe 13) Erotic City - small black hood Detroit club - community saw it as a nuisance and wanted it shut down
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    3 or 4
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Let's see. Shooters Alley and Rooster's Barnyard - both in the same shopping center in Doraville, GA at the same time. Playhouse in Bumfuck, GA Lady Godiva 2, Platinum Plus and Nikita's Playroom in the Greenville area. Clubs that I frequented but did not necessarily review - Cheetah Elite, Pink Pony South, Crazy Horse, Crazy Horse 2, Gold Club, 24K Club, SHE Bar, Stormin Norman's, Hot Spot, and about 10 more where I remember the clubs but can't even recall the names. All in or near Atlanta. Many of these were solid extras clubs (sheds a tear).
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Xcapsdes asheville NC Platinum Plus Greenville SC Godiva's Taylor's SC I guess 3
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    4 or 5 in Memphis, 1 in Greenville SC, 3 or 4 in Columbia SC and 6 or 7 in Atlanta.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    No no 4 Mouses ear Johnston City TN
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    @juice - I think I remember that place. Was it on the expressway between Knoxville and Chattanooga?
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    Just two out of the 40 I've reviewed. A club called Blush in Flagstaff, AZ which was a good decision based on what I saw on my only visit there about five years ago. And a nude club in Albuquerque called Palms. I liked this club but they got caught with an underage dancer. If my memory serves me correctly to the dancer's mother showed up one night and that was the beginning of a quick end.
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    Anyone remember Chez Paree in SF near the convention center? Very extras friendly before I remember extras becoming common.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I think so....it burned down the night I left Shadow did a 2am thread about it and made a joke because my review was on that same night lol Apparently I left a few hours before it closed down..after that some how it burned to the grown That club was a true 100% no touch any direction air dance Club Girls was hot though 7,8,9
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Too many to count. If I have fun there, the city wants to shut it down. If I stopped visiting, the city usually already shut it down. An easier question for me would be name a club you reviewed more than5 years ago that is still open or hasn't changed names and management. I can think of 2 clubs in Greenville, one in Columbia, two in myrtle beach. I haven't been back to other areas to know. Actually the number is probably about 16 clubs.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Could be more. It's hard to remember all the clubs that have been shut down. Make that. 19, just remembered 3 more. Ok 20. I bet Fayetteville closed the clubs I used to visit. Or 21. Forget 21, I didn't know about this site back then. Estimate between 16 to 20. LE must read all my posts. I remember they raided one club within a week after I posted that I was asked if I wanted a BJ or sex because the dancer said she didn't do dances.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Forgot to list reasons. Burned down. Closed by city. Changed management and name. Sold
  • Clackport
    7 years ago
    All in the Portland area •Exotica, my fav club :( •Dolphin III •Blush •Cabaret I •Cabaret III •Mynt •The Office •Viewpoint •Jiggles, my go to club before I turned 21 •Stars Cabaret •Black Cauldron
  • trumpeter
    7 years ago
    As Clackport posted, a lot of closures in the Portland area. There were probably too many for the market anyway, but Jiggles was my favorite. When they closed I started going to VIP club and then they also closed. Haven't found a good place since.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    In chronological order as best as I can remember: 1. Lariat Club in Fremont, NE, just barely under 10 years ago; owner got busted for drugs 2. Emerald Club (don't remember the exact name) in St. Joseph, MO; don't know what caused it to close, only went there twice 3. Sheri's Showgirls in Omaha NE; owner didn't want to be in business anymore 4. Mickey's Razzle Dazzle in Council Bluffs, IA; I don't really remember what happened there, but I suspect there was a lot of money changing hands in a real estate sale. 5. Tropicana (or Trop 56) in Scranton, KS; I don't know what caused this one to close, but I thought ownership instability was involved 6. 20's Showgirl in Omaha, NE; I heard they had issues with the building and didn't want to deal with it anymore. Building is now Club Omaha. 7. Shotgun Geniez in Hamburg, IA; the owner died and that was it.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    Only one club that I have reviewed has closed - the original Solid Gold in Oakland Park. Although, it has reopened in a new location and different town by the original owners. In New Orleans, I recall five or six clubs outside of the FQ that I used to hang out at that all closed - Jaguar's and Ship's Wheel in Fat City, and then four on the west bank whose names I cannot even remember. One of them opens and closes repeatedly with new owners.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    One more I forgot to mention was the Bear Chest Lounge in Beloit, WI. I have no idea what happened to it, but I know it's not a strip club anymore.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    1 that dandydan mentioned(showgirl 20s). And at least 10 or 15 that should close.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Club I reviewed: 1320 Club II in Springfield, VA. Shopping center in which it was located declined to renew lease. Club I went to but didn't review: Mustang Sally's, Bloomsburg PA. Club held on for about two years after I went there. Some very hot girls, but very little business. Had a brief second life as a swinger's club.
  • MrDeuce
    7 years ago
    Weirdly, none of the 75 or so clubs that I've reviewed have closed. I can think of some I visited many years ago that have closed -- 4 in Indy, 1 in Danville/IL, 1 in Charleston, 1 in Urbana -- but that was before I started reviewing clubs.
  • magicrat
    7 years ago
    The Mouse's Ear was just outside Johnson City northeast of Knoxville. I went there once and the door gal said they had 2 rules...no pictures and no touching. It was all nude so one did get to see some bare pussy. Most of mine have probably been mentioned. One of my favorites though was Teddy Bears in Gastonia outside of Charlotte. Many great times there! Other than that the usual suspects in Columbia, Greenville, Charlotte, Asheville and Atlanta. I had forgotten some of those older clubs from way back in the day in Atlanta, my first experiences in our little habit we have.
  • mjx01
    7 years ago
    Six, not counting ownership changes. As for Silky's: "2 Dead After Shooting" [view link] FWIW, I gave up on McKees Rocks in 2013. There was too much sketchy gang shit visibly going on in the 'hood. OT: I don't see how Club E persists... terrible location, crap mileage in the basic LDs... guess I never figured out the secret there.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Mjx01- I remember that now. Sketchy is being nice for Mckees Rocks. The two Pittsburgh clubs that closed I got really good mileage at those two places. Left happy from both places.
  • Tigerr619
    7 years ago
    Monarchs City of Industry that is now closed.
  • hassenpfeffer65
    7 years ago
    There have been several clubs I liked that have closed down, but the only one that makes me drift into a nostalgic haze is Cheaters (aka the pink palace) formerly in Providence. That club was a like a trip to Zona Norte. I have never touched so many girls in so many places as in that club - and all out in the open. Not to mention the services in the curtained rooms!
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I don't know how I could have forgotten Centerfolds here in Phoenix closed just recently so I have three clubs. . Reason? Dude got killed on the premises. There have been quite a few discussion posts on this subject here so I won't delve into it.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    Tanga Lounge, Tampa. I loved that place!
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @gold & juice & magic There was also a Mouse's Ear club in Knoxville along I-40/75. Multi-story building and you could see it from the interstate. This club made many a visit to my in-laws not quite as torturous, and if I recall correctly, was the first club where I ever groped a dancer outside of a VIP area (late 80s or early 90s).
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    @joc13 - that's the one I remember.Right along the Interstate SW of Knoxville by a few miles. I think I as there late 80's.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion