tuscl

Top Fashion Statements These Days

What are the top fashion statements these?

Being concerned about growing income inequality in America?
Going Vegan?
Shopping at Whole Foods? (Will it change after the Amazon acquisition?)
Hating Donald Trump?
Flying those multi-colored flags outside your business to show you support the Pride movement?
Driving an eco-friendly Tesla?
Always having the latest iPhone?
Selfie of yourself at event X?

20 comments

• rane1234
    7 years ago
    Why are all the fashion statements progressive?

I find blue lives matter very fashionable lol
  • ime
    7 years ago
    Virtue Signaling seems very popular.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    They aren't all progressive. I live in a red state and we have some fashion trends here, like:

-getting an open carry license (especially trendy for women).

-identifying as a libertarian, but supporting Trump

-thinking you pay taxes, and whining ab it, when you do not.

-women permanently referring to themselves as "mama" or "mommy" bc they are fat and need to constantly remind everyone it's bc they have kids.

-leaving a sofa in your front yard.. but then has that ever really gone out of style in the red states?
  • tumblingdice
    7 years ago
    Vincygirls man-bun.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It seems like "It's Bush's fault" suddenly disappeared. Hmmmmm.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Bj99 You might be a redneck LOL
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Ugh.. but they sure treat their strippers right!
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    "Being concerned about growing income inequality in America?"
    -----------------------------------------

Fashion statement? Depends on what you mean. My comment here is more about wealth inequality than income inequality.

This TrumpCare bill going through the Senate is called the "Better Care Reconciliation Act." That's nothing but Orwellian horseshit for a bill that redistributes wealth and takes almost a trillion dollars out of healthcare, away from the poor and elderly, and delivers it to the top 2%. It simply makes low-income people pay more for health insurance for bigger deductibles. It makes all the features of Obamacare worse.

So why should I give a shit if some poor person loses their insurance and sucks death? I'm an atheist, so it's not some religious ethic. You would think a good Catholic like Paul Ryan or a good Baptist like McConnell would give a shit -- but they don't. To me this involves what's right morally and NOT a fashion statement. At some point, society places enough incentive for the people to innovate, and there's a moral obligation to keep poor people alive. Even if some are simply lazy.

For those of you who don't give a shit, better hope you never lose your job and get sick. There's some randomness involved, and it happens to the best of us.

Driving a Tesla -- now that's definitely a fashion statement.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    BJ99, people say that Redding California is a little piece of Red State. What you are describing is disturbing.

SJG
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Random is beyond idiotic in that he actually believes that Government has an inalienable right to all your money and that if they steal less of it, then they are taking it away from others. Obamacare has a built in time bomb which started to go off this year. If the Republicans were smart they would withdraw their bills; let people know they are going with the plan the Democrats want; and in three years when no insurers sign up let the criminals responsible for the mess pay the price.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    skibum609, If you don't like the government, I'll be happy to take your money.

SJG
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    The Apple Watch II is my latest fashion statement. I feel sorry for all the losers walking around with a watch that won't connect them to the internet and won't give them constant notifications and messages.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Clarification:

skibum609, If you don't like the government taking your money, I'll be happy to involuntarily relieve you of your money.

SJG
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Shitting at McD's.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    SJG when the bullies use to beat you up and take your lunch money is that what you called it, involuntary relief of your money. Or is that like what you call involuntary consent when you rape a woman in her sleep.
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    This is an extremely funny thread. I enjoy Bj99 input and the other ones at the beginning. It got boring when SJG started to comment. Sad face :-(
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    @SkiBirther wrote: “@Random is beyond idiotic in that he actually believes that Government has an inalienable right to all our money..”
    --------------------

I didn’t say that and it’s a nonsense point, anyway. We live in a democracy and we spend our tax dollars based on the will of the voters. I was careful to point out that cutting off Medicaid support to nursing home residents and young children does not fit my sense of morality. So you better vote in the next election, @SkiBirther, if you want to cancel out mine.

I’m no expert, but it seems to me that one of the tenants of Christianity involves compassion for the poor. As such, a guy like Paul Ryan strikes me as a major hypocrite.

As you say, @SkiBirther, Obamacare was starting to unravel on it’s own. Trump caused further doubt by withholding subsides to insurance companies, which, in turn, helped to sabotage Obamacare. It might have been more politically savvy to let Obamacare fail on it’s own. If this bill new passes, the GOP will own healthcare and the loss of life which will be in the tens of millions. If there’s enough of a backlash, the Democrats will go after single payer the next time around. Obamacare (Romneycare) was supposed to appeal to conservatives. Why bother trying to satisfy the GOP at all the next time around?

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    For the record: Just because something is a fashion statement doesn't mean it can't also be right.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    ^like wearing a three piece suit to the strip club?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    RickyBoy's The System is pure faggotry.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion