• chessmaster
    7 years ago
    Lol.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Good question.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Please supply a reputable source if you are going to make claims of this nature.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I think you are safe enough as long as you are not a gay black man or an intravenous drug user. I live in one of the yellow shaded areas.
  • minnow
    7 years ago
    Checked out 1st link. Didn't find any article stating 1 in 3 Atlanta residents have AIDS. There was a map with color shadings of incidence per 100000 people. A good chunk of Atlanta had rates ranging from 251 to greater than 1951 per 100000 residents. That would result in a rate of anywhere from ~ 0.25 (1/4%) to something greater than 1.95% of AIDS incidence.
    I saw somewhere that 74% of AIDS people are men, 26% women.

I think OP is bad in math, or was deliberately inflating statistics to get out attention.
  • UGK.22
    7 years ago
    It's the latter. Shadow I agree
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    It's pretty hard to get HIV through straight sex. Even if you *know* that your partner has HIV, the transmission rate is only 4 out 10,000 (that's per encounter).
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    UGK - why lie to get attention? Your posts have become a little too sensationalistic. Almost juice like ...
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Thanks for supplying some links to your sources. I see nothing in these sources to support your claim of 1 in 3 of Atlantans have HIV/AIDS. You could have made the same point with accurate statistics. Nothing is risk free! Maybe abstinence is risk free but you'll die of terminal boredom.

Now a more interesting question would be what % of dancers (and other sex workers), either at Follies or elsewhere, are HIV positive (and do they know that they are infected)? This is actually one more argument for legalizing and regulating prostitution-- you can require that sex workers get tested (and treated) periodically.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Random is right, lots of gays down there and from what i heard dc area is not far behind...
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    This is why I don't duck Follies girls uncovered.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    1 in 3 is absurdly incorrect.

However, Atlanta's HIV rate is very high; this is also partly due to their large gay population (in ATL around 80% of new HIV cases are men). Also, intravenous drug usage accounts for spiking rates of HIV cases. Just look at Ohio.

And luckily for men, it is much more difficult for a man to contract HIV from heterosexual intercourse with a woman than vice versa.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Back in 2012 I celebrated my 70th birthday at Follies by taking 2 girls to VIP. One was my CF and the other was her best friend. She confided in me that her friend had contacted chlamydia from a customer a year earlier but was clean now. That is the only case of an STD that I have personally heard of at Follies.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    7 years ago
    NinaBambina is exactly right. Atlanta has a very large percentage of gays and trannies in the city and the immediate surrounding counties. A lot of these men have sex with each other on the down low from what a lot of women tell me. There's also quite a bit of gay swingers and night clubs in the city (I think the second highest behind San Francisco) and the majority are black (which have the highest rates among ethnic groups).
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    25 cities with highest HIV rates (per the colored map seems the SE is hit the hardest):

https://www.hivplusmag.com/just-diagnose…
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    PrEP/Truvada drug supposedly makes it almost impossible to get HIV:

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Man, you people will fuck anything.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Papi and RandomMember, thanks for that info.

NGK, that 1 in 3 number is ridiculous.

SJG
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    How many backpage hookers have HIV that Juice calls in Asheville?
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    How many crane operators in Asheville got HIV from their auto mechanic while riding the Greyhound bus to Follies?
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    ^^^^ and chackin grease on the bus seats!
  • BrotherFogHorn
    7 years ago
    Gawd is going to burn down the city of Atlanta if it doesn't repent of its nigger loving homosexual ways

Just like in soda and Gomorrah the lord shot down hell fire and brimstone to burn those fags so will it happen to the city of Atlanta

HIV and Aids are god's judgment punishment to kill and destroy all bigger loving fags

Repent and turn to the one true Gawd by the name of Marduk
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I was in Atlanta all last week having unprotected sex...but it with with my g/f who is from AZ, so I think I'm safe. I would have loved to go to Follies but she wouldn't be in to it.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    suckstar37's story is almost true. One minor correction, though: he was with his b/f HugeGRectum.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    ^^^ lmfao!!

HughGRectum lover!
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Kodos to Papi for posting about this AIDS prevention drug
    https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html

Anyone use this? How do you get it?

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ probably best to get it from an HIV doc b/c I assume he/she will be best informed about it - I have not used it but it's been on my mind to talk to a HIV doc about it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I'd assume it'd be easy to get in the SF area
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I think the article mentioned it's expensive at around $1300/month but that most insurances may pay for it since treating HIV is more expensive - I just looked at a Canadian pharmacy website and they sale a generic equivalent for $340/month.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I wonder how much of it one needs? It is oral or a topical cream? Do you use it just when needed, or do you always need to use it?

Does insurance really pay? Historically they have been bad about preventions.

Are they really prepared to pay for this for the entire population?

And is it safe?

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The article states the only way it's effective is if it is absolutely twlaken every day.

w.r.t. side-effects, there are side-effects and then there are side-effects, all meds will list/have side-effects just some are more severe than others - depending on one's sexual practices the benefits seem to far outweigh the possible side-effects but IDK for sure.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Taken everyday, so it is oral.

Not so sure about this.

Is insurance really prepared to pay for everyone to be doing this?

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The article states insurances are apt to pay for it since the cost of HIV treatment would be significantly higher thus it's seen as a good business decision - of course it comes down to each individual carrier and working with a doc.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Have you ever heard of or read about anyone who takes these drugs?

Taking it everyday, to greatly reduce the chance of getting AIDS?

Drug users?

Horny Dudes who don't like condoms?

Sex workers?

All paid by insurance?

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion