tuscl

Strange happenings at Hi-Liter in Phoenix

mark94
Arizona
I was sitting near VIP today when some guy walked along the VIP wall, holding his cell phone over the wall, I'm pretty sure he was taking a video of VIP, one booth at a time. He wasn't trying to hide what he was doing. I thought the bouncers would pounce on him, but no one approached him. Then, he went behind the bar and seemed to be checking things out, looking under the counter, and so on.
He wasn't wearing any uniform or displaying any ID. I'd never seen him before.
My guess is that he was a liquor control agent. That's the only explanation I come up with.

21 comments

• etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    Did yih notice the lighting or music changing just before you saw him. Maybe an unusual comment by the dj over the speakers. I do know HL is still target #1 in PHX by LE.
  • davephx
    7 years ago
    This is probably related to the 32 illegal sex acts citations from a few months ago which are still pending admin action by the liquor commission. Sad if the VIP activities ruin things for the main floor area. Obviously, this is bad.
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    If he got some video of me today, first, I'd like a copy, and second, we're in deep shit.

CP
  • etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    I hear you CP. This for is why I am pushing hard for OTC, even when I do VIP in the club like today. Seems dancers are more open to discussing OTC, now we need them to follow through.
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    Maybe the guy has a instagram page and a YouTube account and is just making video's for his new strip club vlog ?

It's possible
  • davephx
    7 years ago
    The strip club ordinance has not been enforced at any clubs for a decade. Now guys have taken it too far and some clubs are like brothels at least in the VIP. Surprised Blue Moon hasn't been visited.

Under the ordinance passed in 1999 (I was at City Council and spoke against it and then represented a club at Assn of Strip clubs owners led by Damian of Alaskan Bush), a dancer can not even sit in your lap. For a few years, dancers have to have feet over the legs of chairs in the odd position and not in your lap. Lots of undercovers watching for any illegal contact and I know owners that had to pay fines or shut down for 10 days for any minor violation.

Today you give a guy an inch and many want a mile and have forced the city to take the ordinance more seriously since guys want more than even a liberal interpretation. This is not Canada, we are controlled by the law written by the Christian group in 1998 to be sure we followed THEIR Christian values. They brag about how they helped zillions of cities across America make laws under the bogus silly excuse "to make communities safe for children and neighborhoods.

I wrote extensively about this in 1998 and spoke at community meetings before it went to the council.

New Phoenix Ordinance = Abuse of Women At Strip Clubs.
    The new ordinances define a woman as a sexual object for tease.
    http://www.sexwork.com/coalition/Phoenix…

VIPs are supposed to be in "line of site" of managers who are responsible to ensure no illegal activities
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    I'm giving you trust credit for being so brilliant
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"If he got some video of me today, first, I'd like a copy"

It may be a good time to remind the group that everything looks smaller on film

:) :)
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I think it's inevitable that HiLiter will lose its license. It probably deserves to for brazenly going way beyond the local norm. My concern is that, once HiLiter is taken down, the strict enforcement will ripple through other clubs. Now, that would make me angry.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    this LE situation sucks.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Damn. Then blow job queen is gonna have a hard time making her payments on that new car.
    7 years ago
    @davephx. Blue Moon doesn't have a liquor license so if it's liquor control making the world safe they won't have leverage there.
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    Omg a davephx sighting!!!!!
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Just a thought but I really am on the outside knowledge of this, but maybe it has something to do with the request to attain the liquor license from Centerfolds? The owners are trying to take it over and city council meeting overwhelmingly opposed. Since city council has no real power the liquor board must do their own ruling.

Governor Ducey and all local municipalities are fighting hard for another Super Bowl. In order to get awarded the local agencies need to show how they can control sex businesses. Any proof to a committee that shows how the enforcement of this business and regulating it helps make the case for choosing the Valley for another Super Bowl bid.

I like the idea of a previous post, take it otc if you must, but please don't be so blatant about activities. I never understood the itc need myself, but could care less about what two consenting adults want to do either.
  • davephx
    7 years ago
    Re Blue Moon
    Good point it doesn't have a liquor license however if Phoenix vice ever acted every worker could be charged with a criminal enterprise felony with potentially decades of prison time far worse than the citations at Hi-Liter. Blue Moon goes far beyond what is common at Hi-Liter and less private.

Zillions of massage places and agencies have been shut down with zillions of criminal enterprise felonies in Superior Court for mere "association" even if no evidence of illegal acts for a specific gal. They will all be indicted by the Grand Jury for mere "association" like many over the last few years including the 38 wonderful women at the Phoenix Goddess Temple. All the gals took mostly felony pleas to avoid like 40 years in prison which was given to each in a "Donald Advisement" by the judge. The leader Tracy had a long trial and within a few hours found guilty and now in prison.

I believe if Tracy had a bench trial by the judge instead of a jury she could have won on no fee arrangement. A donation was suggested and given AFTER the session. There was no agreement for sex for money. Infamous NV brothel pimp Dennis Hof testified on how this was no way to run a prostitution business. Also the testimony of the founder of well-known sex institute testified of the hypocrisy since he was contracted by the Navy to provide prostitutes from Isreal for sailors. I had a nice chat with Huf and was standing next to "founder" when he received call from the Dept of Defense which sent a jet to get him out of Phoenix so as to not testify further. This is all in the public record.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Sounds like the neo cons are just as big on the nanny state as the liberals. Fucking idiots with nothing better to do than mind everybody else's behavior.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    The US is in the dark-ages when it comes to consenting-adults enjoying themselves as they see-fit - the internet provides many P4P options these days and if strip-clubs are not lenient w.r.t. mileage then I assume they'd lose a lot of business and custies would go less and spend less - I don't blame the clubs for "pushing the limits", I blame those setting those silly antiquated limits
  • davephx
    7 years ago
    I stopped by Hi-Liter around midnight Sunday night. Nice chat and a few dances with two gals and I talked to one of the bouncer/doormen.

None of them had heard of what was described. However, none of them worked Friday afternoon (I believe that was when the reports was for).

Bouncers were watching floor dances making sure no breast contact, although I saw that violated a few times. Most dancers seemed to be trying to avoid. It was not very busy.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    ^^^ Jesus DavePHX, so you stay up until the early morning hours all the time? I usually get up when you are finished clubbing and writing your reviews. Nice recon info, but in my last visit yesterday it was all the same results, even with a new dancer whom is just met. Seems like she way angling for me to be a new regular of hers.
  • azrookie
    7 years ago
    I see two sources of headwinds for the HL.

The neanderthal in town is the AG, Bill Montgomery. Bill is a true throwback, "law and order" type who still tries to overturn the medical MJ initiative passed by the voters every chance he gets. His office, and other LEAs, are lining up at the new public safety grant trough: human trafficking. This new initiative claims that sex trafficking is an epidemic in America and conveniently classifies anyone in the sex trade businesses (strippers included) to be an accomplice, or victim, or both.

The other macro event that may not bode well for the HL is the changing character of the neighborhood. After decades of little change, there is a high level of RE development going on around the area. The strip mall just to the south has been totally redeveloped. Over time, I would expect these businesses to express to city hall that they would prefer a more conventional enterprise was located where the HL now stands. In Phoenix, RE investment and sales tax revenues reign supreme.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Really appreciate the insight from @davephx.

• davephx
    7 years ago
    Meat72 - Yes I have been a late night person all my long old life. I am at my finest between about midnight and 5 AM! I have my own business and office in home, I just don't schedule any client meetings or return calls till afternoon since need about 6 hours of sleep. I tend to be very busy rest of afternoon and early eve so escape late at night before the clubs close. However, I like to try day shifts also at times when I can.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion