tuscl

Who is down with Red Pill MGTOW movements?

GACA
Un-retired: Met my ATF. Married her. Divorcing her.
Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:50 AM
I'm starting to notice a lot of sites dedicated to the red pill movement. Red Pill is a reference to the Matrix being the Red Pill of truth. For those of you who don't know the Red Pill movement is about men who are basically taking and anti-feminism point of view toward society and trying to reclaim their masculinity when engaging women. The MGTOW movement is a little bit more extreme where men are forsaking women unless completely necessary. The hero's often referred to are The Apostle Paul and Nikolai Tesla. I've read through some if the material. In the end too me it just seems like a bunch of guys who didnt get laid now going about with sour grapes. But the thing is there's been an explosion of these types of sites in the last 3 or so years

21 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    AT MGTOW aircraft movements require more thrust.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Maybe some of the basic ideas behind Red Pill MGTOW are good, but there are also very serious problems. For one thing they are opposed to feminism, they make that the enemy. This is pure ignorance. The second is that they come from a Libertarian Anti-Government perspective, again pure ignorance on their parts. SJG Ginger Baker's Air Force (Jazz and Rock, 1970) Full Show w/ Graham Bond and a pair of young hotties [view link] Graham Bond - Harmonica [view link] Graham Bond Organisation - Little girl [view link]
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    Nicola Tesla????? Shocking!
  • duomaxwell
    7 years ago
    It's the incels that really get me
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I took some red ecstasy pills ones. Think I prefer the blues.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Why don't they just pay hookers for sex? RickyBoy even has a System for those for whom it is too complicated to figure out how.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    Never heard about it. I might see what it's about sometime. Do they still go to strip clubs or get lap dances? I remember one dancer who was dedicated to making sure I got laid, definitely a possible anti whatever movement.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    I've found the more money you have, the more you can get laid... if you are willing to spend it.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I'm not down with it as in wanting to be a part of it or read their forums. I think it was inevitable that something like this would crop up, though, now that men are doing measurably worse in ways like university attendance. Years ago after a breakup where the girl was a nympho who was constantly cheating, I decided that it would better to be the on the non-cuck side of the equation and went through a period of womanizing. The discussion on those forums reminds me of my thinking in those days. The women would get attached despite (or maybe because of) laying it out that I wasn't offering a relationship. Eventually, I started feeling sorry for them more than I wanted to get with them and found a girlfriend who was a better match than the nympho.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Yeah, this stuff is an outgrowth of the PUA movement. It's horseshit packaged to sell on the Internet.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I have no interest in forsaking women, just in relating to them in different ways. MGTOW's are sometimes interesting to listen to, but I do not agree with them. SJG Cream Reunion, Royal Albert Hall, 2005 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    The PUA movement also, interesting to listen to, and some good insights. But overall I do not agree with them and would not want to live like them. Anti-feminist, when it is because of feminism that we have all these fast action hotties running around. They also seem to believe that they are pulling something over on the women, completely adversarial. Don't agree with him, but hilarious to listen to: [view link] SJG Wilson Pickett and Bruce Springsteen Perform "In the Midnight Hour" at the 1999 Inductions [view link]
  • FTS
    7 years ago
    The Red Pill (TRP) is not anti-feminism. The Red Pill is a very pure, simple idea: truth. Reality. It's taking away any lenses through which you can view and interpret societal interactions. That's it. It's just a brand name for the concept of taking life by the horns and facing reality. MGTOW.... that's a tough pill to swallow, but I think a lot of men (a significant portion) would benefit from trying the lifestyle for at least a couple years.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    To each their own...
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    " taking away any lenses through which you can view and interpret societal interactions" That is impossible. Interpretations are built into language. And each of their commentators, that is MGTOW, is always denouncing feminism. They don't even understand what feminism is. SJG
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    MGTOW members -- basically socially awkward men who have been spurned by every single woman they have ever met.
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    No. I like women, and some of them are so engaging, I want to keep them around for a long time.
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    Where did the term, incel come from? Never heard that term a day in my life up until today.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I largely agree with RandomMember here. And they have misunderstood what feminism is, and they don't see how they are benefiting from it. SJG
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    7 years ago
    As far as the idea that MGTOW is repackaged PUA BS-- I think its older. Look at General Jack D. Ripper in "Doctor Strangelove" saying "I'm not afraid of women, Mandrake, but I do deny them my essence". Look at the idea of a celibate clergy which had real socio-political power for over a millennium. Didn't make for balanced individuals then, and I don't think it makes for well rounded men now. I think the MGTOW movement is basically pathetic, especially when the little whining SNOWFLAKES want to describe themselves as 'Alphas', yeah.... whatever
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    You want to hear an anti-feminist, right here after a brief introduction by actor Gerald McRaney: [view link] You don't want to oppose feminism, but we do need to understand it. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion