tuscl

Is their a way to ignore some of the harsh members ?

UGK.22
Atlanta ,GA
I really want to enjoy myself on this website seeing that it has a lot to offer but some of these members are just down right mean.

Not talking about the ones that give honest conversation criticism but I'm talking the ones that's very obviously trying to make my life difficult or hurt my feelings.

Is their a way to ignore people ? If not I may leave this site

28 comments

• UGK.22
    7 years ago
    Sorry I meant constructive criticism*

Why isn't their a edit button or am I just not seeing it ?
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Ifnore them haters my friend
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Click on their name, there are icons underneath click on the microphone, then they are ignored.
  • UGK.22
    7 years ago
    Thank you
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Ignoring people means they win. If you feel someone is not worth reading, don't read what they post. Oops, you probably won't read this now.....
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    How about just wiping away your tears, taking off your skirt, throwing away your tampon, and pulling up your big boy pants.

Stop being such a pussy.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    skibum609 has a good point. One of the things I've never understood on this site is the obsession with ignoring people. No disrespect to you UGK.22, since you were just asking how to ignore people.

Ignoring people who you just plain find over the top boring or irritating is certainly reasonable. What I don't get are the people who put people on ignore but then read and comment on posts from people they claim to have on ignore.

For example, I like to put the words "brilliant" or "ace/aces" in my posts. It makes me laugh and it's kind of fun. I like to indulge in some oddball humor. Some people seem to be OK with this and/or enjoy it. Other people don't. Some people are so irritated with it that they put me on ignore. Doesn't bother me either way.

But some people put me on ignore and then comment on stuff I post. That I don't get. There are a few posters I find so boring I just don't care to see their posts. I put them on ignore because I want to ignore them, not because I want to irritate them by letting them know that I have them on ignore.

Keep brilliant and positive UGK.22. If somebody irritates you just click that microphone if you want to. If you want to send a parting "fuck you" by telling people on ignore that's your decision. I'm not going to disrespect you for ignoring somebody or even telling them to fuck off. Nor should anybody else.

Just don't be one of those guys that uses ignore to send a continuing message. That's letting people you supposedly find irritating or boring live rent-free in your head. And it's pretty non-brilliant! :(
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    Both skibum and flagooner are full of shit with regard to this issue.

"Ignore" means not wasting your time, and bandwidth, on bullshit nonsense.

Adversarial conversation is one thing, idiots who need psychological help are another thing entirely.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    gmd: "Adversarial conversation is one thing, idiots who need psychological help are another thing entirely"

Nice. First part of the sentence covers 47.5% of TUSCL while the second part covers another 47.5%.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I used to pride myself on having no one on ignore, but eventually I found I wasn't even coming to the site very often due to the trolling of just a few people.

Now that they are on ignore, I'm having a lot more fun reading the threads and even starting one on occasion. Use the feature...you will have a much better time, and that's the whole point isn't it?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I agree with the sacred right to put people on ignore. It can a "win" or a "loss" depending on the person put on ignore and the real reason (often different from the official reason) for doing it.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    The point is you joined a few days ago, and you already have opinions on posters. You're a fucking troll and a bullshit artist, go hang out with little larry fishsticks.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Me when people I don't know are mean to me on the Internet:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't use the feature, but have no beef with those who do.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Ishmael, like you I don't care about the insults, but the multi post repetitive trolling makes good threads unreadable. Ignore cleans all that crap up. I would pass on interesting topics because the good contributions would be lost in the trolling.

The only downside is if a troll would happen to make the rare post that has value I miss it, but that's a small price to pay as it only happens once a month or so anyway.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ My comment above was not to imply that I think putting people on ignore is a bad thing to do. I have a couple of trolls on ignore.

In just a couple of days this trolling alias has started at least two discussions that amount to nothing more than crying about a few instances where people didn't just kiss his ass and rather were hurtful.

How did this panty waste ever survive the kindergarten playground?
  • bvino
    7 years ago
    I have a lot of people on ignore. Those who cannot write a sentence. Those who have opinions without knowledge. Those who are here only create bad feelings and those who are only newbies. If this offends someone look in the mirror.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    "Both skibum and flagooner are full of shit with regard to this issue.

"Ignore" means not wasting your time, and bandwidth, on bullshit nonsense.

Adversarial conversation is one thing, idiots who need psychological help are another thing entirely."

Spoken wisely from the one who is too weak mentally to handle anything he slightly dislikes. George is a closet homo
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    "I have a lot of people on ignore. Those who cannot write a sentence. Those who have opinions without knowledge. Those who are here only create bad feelings and those who are only newbies. If this offends someone look in the mirror."
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ROFL!
    My favorite @bvino post is the one where he's all stressed out because he might be seen with a "black" girl in his city of "only" 100,000.

Look in the mirror, dipshit!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I don't know. I guess my scrolling-past-the-horseshit kung-fu is strong.

To each their own.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Here's @Bvino's old post:

"Meeting someone for lunch who is almost forty years younger and a different race is not a discrete move in a city of less than 200,000 people."
    ---------------------------------------------

@Bvino is an English professor who complains about "those who cannot write a sentence", yet doesn't know the difference between "discrete" and "discreet." Being seen with black in girl in a city of less than 200,000 really is shocking! Absolutely shocking!

• georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    @flagooner: To the extent you were addressing the OP's specific case and actions, I apologize.

@Dougster: "Nice. First part of the sentence covers 47.5% of TUSCL while the second part covers another 47.5%."

Says one of the major contributors to *both* categories. :)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @GMD is it just you and I in the 5% not covered by Dougsters analysis. ; )
  • a21985
    7 years ago
    I'm honestly curious what the remaining 5% is made up of...
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    I'm honestly curious what the remaining 5% is made up of...
    ---------------

..Indian packers and movers.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I remember Alucard had the ignore feature working to perfection. He would send a nasty message to someone and then put them on ignore so they could not respond in private.
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    sharkhunter, that is behavior I find obnoxiously non-brilliant. If you are going to "ignore" somebody to try to get under their skin you are trolling them. And that's fine as long as you don't make a big show of hating trolls. But most of the posters that play ignore games are also incessant "I hate the trolls on here" posters.

I'm sorry but georgmicrodong is the worst violator of this. There was a period where the only posts georgmicrodong seemed to make were complaints about wanting to be able to ignore people with one click rather than two clicks or some such nonsense.

Then he posts "Who?" when juicebox69 comes up. He knows damn well who juicebox69 is, he just wants to irritate juicebox69. Fortunately, juicebox69 seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't even care about that bullshit.

I'm not going to disrespect georgmicrodong for ignoring me or anybody else. But just click on ignore and let it go. However, if you're going to play games with ignore admit to yourself that you are trolling and get off your damn high horse.

Maybe georgmicrodong is compensating for his self-declared tiny dick by behaving like a giant dick! :(
  • 4got2wipe
    7 years ago
    flagooner, I don't know whether UGK.22 (or anybody else) is trying to fuck with people. I choose to view him as new. There is a simple solution to irritating members: just don't pay attention whether or not you actually click the ignore button. That's the brilliant way! ;)

I only find people who become boring by repeating the same insult over and over worthy of ignore. I don't name who I have on ignore because I'm not playing games with them or trying to troll them. They just bore me. Nothing more.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    @Bvino wrote: "Meeting someone for lunch who is almost forty years younger and a different race is not a discrete move in a city of less than 200,000 people."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I picture @Bvino as this scrawny, older, geeky, community college English teacher somewhere in the bowels of the Deep South. He's got these gorgeous black girls in the front row that he masturbates about every evening since his moral upbringing was such that interracial dating was taboo. Of course, in reality, these girls simply laugh at him behind his back.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion