tuscl

OT: Gun Guys what you shooting?

ime
Fuck Joe Biden
Not an owner but will be soon. What do you guys shoot?

19 comments

• twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I have 5, My daily carry is a S&W Bodyguard .380 auto
    I also have a Colt .380 ACP, a Beretta 9mm, H & K 9mm and a Beretta 12 Gauge over under made in Italy.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    For a new owner, always go with a revolver. I recommend starting with a Smith & Wesson 686. You can start with regular .38 special cartridges and move up to .38+P as your aim and familiarity improves, and finally begin using the .357magnum after master the two smaller rounds.
    Another advantage is you can choose the ammo to fit your situation. Live in a wood frame apt bldg or carrying in your car? Load with regular .38 specials to minimize collateral damage. Going for a hike in Mountain lion or bear country? Put in the .357s to ensure that whatever critters comes after you will get the message
    Revolvers are easy to clean, easy to learn, and don't jam like semi-autos. Smith & Wesson is a proud American company with a sterling reputation.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    I have been shooting for a while just haven't purchased yet.
    I really like feel of the guns below. I have big hands so that is a consideration, not worried about conceal carry. I really like the Sig 1911's but more than I want to spend at the moment.

Canik TP9SF
    Glock 17
    CZ75 SP0
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Juice recommends the "zapper" made by Nintendo. He said the grip is good and the best part is when you accidentally get peanut butter on the trigger it doesn't jam it up.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Hornady critical duty is a great round, and the only round that makes a 9mm worthwhile. That's what I keep in my personal vehicle.
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    Sako TRG 42 in .338 Lapua with a Ziess Scope
    That way you can bring down an Elk at 1000 meters.
    Hand guns are for pussies!
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I've been shooting guns
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Guns! Guns! Guns!
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I have a shed full of guns
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    When "dressed up" I carry a Ruger 380 (6 + 1) in either a pocket carrier or an inside the waistband holster. Otherwise I carry either a Ruger .45 (8 + 1) or my fav S&W 9mm (13 + 1) in an inside the waistband holster at the small of my back along with an extra mag. All of my personal defense ammo is Hornady (hollow points) but other defense ammo can be just as good. The 380 really doesn't have the capacity, stopping power or accuracy of the other handguns, but it IS discrete and easily carried just about anywhere.
  • whodey
    8 years ago
    2 pistols - Daily concealed carry is a Chiappa 200D Rhino .40 S&W with a 2" barrel. It's an odd design but it is the most comfortable revolver I've ever used for a pocket carry pistol. Home defense and range gun is a S&W M&P40.

2 rifles - My fun rifle is a S&W M&P-10 in .308 Winchester and I have a Remington Model 783 in .308 Winchester for animal control.

1 shotgun - Remington V3 12 guage, but honestly haven't fired it in a few years.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    army guns
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Glock 19 is the pistol I usually carry. 9mm, 15 round magazine, easy to conceal.

S&W .357 magnum revolver is my favorite. But it is not so easy to conceal.

I bought a Walther PPK .380 about 30 years ago. It's a beautiful little gun, and I can just slip it in my pocket. But it doesn't hold enough rounds or pack enough power to be good for self defense.

Remington 12 gauge pump shotgun for home defense.

AR-15. 30 round magazine. I bought it a year ago, but I haven't used it much yet.

• crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    380 Ruger LCP 2

Smith and Wesson j frame 38 special
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Glock model 22

Ruger GP100 357 Magnum

Remington 7 mm mag Rifle
  • bubba267
    8 years ago
    You know with a name like "bubba"..; Like Gammanu, recommend a revolver. I too love the S&W 686.. Lots of flexibility and stopping power and .38 is comparatively cheap. Also have and sometimes carry S&W 457 in .45ACP

For home defense 12 gauge pump is best. I have birdshot as first shell and step up to 00 buckshot for shells 2-5. Devastating effectiveness if you have to use deadly force to defend yourself or your family.
  • Htxx
    8 years ago
    Agree with Jackslash. My glock 10 is a great gun, love it. Easy to use, easy to conceal easy to clean etc. I've started carrying my glock 43 recently. Also very nice gun. In general I prefer Glocks and recommend them for newbies
  • TeoTommy
    8 years ago
    Glock 43 for EDC
    Kahr P380 for Deep Concealment
    Sig P320 for Barbeques

The P320 just got picked to replace the Beretta fir the US Army. Its modular design is excellent for custom fitting to the shooter. I have difficulty with wide body double stacks, but with the Sig grip module, thats not a problem.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion