tuscl

Kentucky Bourbon Trail

ime
Fuck Joe Biden
Monday, October 31, 2022 9:04 PM
Me and some friends are starting to plan a trip to do this in the spring probably have 3 or 4 days. Who has done it or recommendations from locals. Feel free to suggest strip clubs, bars, places to eat whatever will make for a good trip. All suggestions appreciated.

11 comments

• shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Lexington is probably your best bet for strip clubs. I discovered that I had fresh mint growing at my house in CA. So I tried making Mint juleps. Once was enough.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Yeah IME I would get a Hot Brown somewhere. I like the one at Ramsey’s. For good looking girls in Louisville check out PT’s downtown. More mileage check out Foxy Lady. I saw some decent looking girls at The Godfather as well. Just so your aware those strip clubs by Churchill Downs which is most of them are in the hood. Avoid Thoroughbred you want hot girls. Lexington is such a great strip club spot for a little city. For University of Kentucky girls on the weekends go Deja Vu it’s the only under 21 club there. Spearmint Rhino and Cheetah for some really good talent. And Cowboys could get some really mileage, there was one girl there I practically fell in love with, If I saw here again I’d probably be ready to drop 1K plus. Avoid Diva’s.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    All I can say is make sure you pack a full wallet. I’ve moved to southern Ohio this past year and I guess I’m close enough to Kentucky that Bourbon is a pretty big deal here. Never been a big fan, but it’s such a thing, I’ve been inspired to shop at least start browsing the liquor shoppes. Not sure if I am ready to spring for $135 or more for something I may not like
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I remember seeing an advertisement for a Bourbon Trail Tour, out of Nashville, maybe George Microdong could give you more information.
  • tuskular
    2 years ago
    Oh damn. I really wanted to a Bourbon Tour with my friends also. Any recommendations y'all?
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Stop at heaven hill distillery - check out their tasting bar - and buy an Elijah Craig grenade as a souvenir - they only sell them there. If you’re lucky enough to grab one - Old Fitzgerald 16 is also a distillery only item but it’ll set you back around $200. Oddly enough if you’re hunting bourbon Kentucky is NOT a great place to go as everyone else there is hunting bourbon too so if something gets put on a shelf it gets scooped up quick.
  • ime
    2 years ago
    Cool. Not a hunting trip more just drinking and partying trip. I'm not a collector except just filling out my Orphan Barrell and Blood Oath sets. I will grab good stuff as I see it but if I buy it I am drinking it no shelf queens for me. I was slightly annoyed about just missing a Midwinters Night Dram and a Birthday Bourbon (never been able to buy one), and then a guy in a local group posted he bought 4 of each. People need to just buy one and stop with the buy everything and try to flip it.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Bourbon Trail: Don't forget the downtown Louisville distilleries, the Rabbit Hole one is especially interesting. IMO, don't bother with Pappy Van Winnkle. Decent bourbon, but nowhere near worth the premium price. Four Roses, Blade & Bow, Woodford Reserve and Elijah Craig are good choices. Clubs (none of the ones in Louisville allow nudity, though some places tolerate it in VIP; if you must have nude on stage, go to Lex): PT's downtown is good for eye candy. Mileage is gonna be low unless you're packing multiple "bands". Foxy Lady has seemingly become the "value" club in Louisville, with the cheapest dances and VIPs, and pretty good mileage. Usually better than average looking dancers. Rustic Frog, across the river, is pretty good, though the hottest girls don't get there until after 10 or 11 sometimes. Be aware that the 64 bridge is under constructions, and the other two highway bridges are a $4.20 toll if you don't have RiverLink. The 2nd Street bridge is the only reasonable way across the river in Louisville now that doesn't charge a toll. Thorobred is decent if you want to spend a little more, though some girls can be *much* more. Very often better than average looking dancers. Godfather is an unknown to me because I haven't been there in a year or more, but other people I've spoken to seem to approve. Pussycat Lounge has the highest percentage of Latinas, and mileage can be very, very high with the right one. I would no longer go there myself, because they aren't really the type for me anymore, but... I would totally avoid Blue Diamond. Total waste of time. Wild Horse, Sugaland and Body Language seem to be opening later than the others. I've driven past at 9 or later and seen no cars or lights. Maybe intermmittent. I don't know when Premier is supposed to open in the old eXclusive/Dollhouse/Crazy Coconuts building, but their IG has been saying "soon" for months. At least the new sign is up now.
  • ime
    2 years ago
    Thanks for all tge suggestions so far. How about Barbecue in Kentucky? Local spots.
  • tuskular
    2 years ago
    I think this is my favorite thread so far. No one yelling at each other calling names, just talking about partying and drinking.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    @ime: "How about Barbecue in Kentucky? Local spots." Mission BBQ on Shelbyville across from The Mall is excellent, as are City BBQ on Hurstbourne near Shelbyville Road and Momma's across the street from City, on Hurstbourne. Jucy's BBQ in Pewee Valley has really, really good brisket, smoked sausage, and sides. I'm only so-so on the rest of their meats. There are lots of others, but those are my go-tos. Feast BBQ in Middletown and River Front BBQ on River Road are so-so; with the other choices in town, I don't generally bother unless someone else wants to go there. There's a couple of places across the river I've never been to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion