tuscl

Politics - The Thorn In TUSCL

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Every notice how for the most part, people seem to agree on most things on TUSCL?

Everyone thinks SJG is nuts, except Fishsticks.

Just about everyone agrees Fishsticks needs to do better in school.

Most think Juice is pretty damn funny.

Everyone things desertscrub should do infomercials for powerwashers.

Everyone wants jackslashs lasagna recipe.

Everyone is curious what LDKs wife thinks when she does his laundry.

But the one thing that get people riled up in seconds flat is POLITICS. Lean left lean right, make a political statement and a fight ensues quicker than a discussion on whether blondes or brunettes are hotter.

29 comments

• JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    True
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    That's why you should never discuss politics and religion; but getting the other side riled up is so damned fun.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    And brunettes are hotter
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Plus 25 for txtitty.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    8 years ago
    No... redheads.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Reds are the best
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I think politics and religion talk only works if you complain about the "people" and not the "beliefs", since beliefs won't change, but who's elected does change.

If we complain and talk about a certain politician, like a city councilman or the mayor, most will agree "he sucks or I don't care for him,etc" and that is civil. I think this is the European model.

Ditto for religion. If we all talk about a local church pastor, me agree we like some things about him and dislike other things. And then it doesn't de-evolve into dog fight.

My 2 ¢
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Politics has simply never really been nice in America. We are a house divided and while gridlock was built into our Constitutional system to prevent extremists from either end of the spectrum taking control, the one thing the founding Fathers failed to take into account that gridlock might not want to make people compromise, it might just make them want to take the whole country down. On religion? There is no such thing as God.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I disagree with you ski, but it doesn't make me upset! :-)
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Kudos Atac lol.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    If everyone thinks alike, somebody is not
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Actually if I agreed with skidum I'd be upset.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    We need to bring back fist fights and pistol duels, to both houses of Congress. It might help.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^Sounds about right.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Thanx txtty but please not behind the barn how about behind the stripper pole instead.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    "Everyone things desertscrub should do infomercials for powerwashers. "
    ----------------------
    ...either that or he should be writing for the Tonight Show or SNL. Or anything to do with the hospitality industry.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    The question was about blondes or brunettes. Reds are hottest, of course. Unless its a ginger. Because everyone knows gingers don't have souls.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Raven hair!
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    And at least some of us believe that Shailynn should listen to him mom and stay in the attic, and stop sneaking out to reconnect the internet. She is after all trying to get him the help he needs.

SJG
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I'm inviting everybody to my house for a lasagna dinner.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^count me in I love lasagna, what can I bring ?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Be right there, jackslash, I'm at Bogarts.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Of course 25 would never want to agree with me. Being right is very frightening to those who never are.....
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Why would 25 need a little girl to fight his battles?
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    @ skidum don't you get tired of getting your head handed to you ? You are the outlier in Darwin's theory of evoloution, you are an ignorant, soon to be extinct hold over, from the paleolithic era.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Political discourse on this board always brings out the best civic minded behavior of its denizens. (SARCASM)
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Most years it's pretty safe to just ignore politics. But this year is an exception. Damn you 2017!
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Yeah Dow above 21000 damn you 2017
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    When the bubble breaks, it will cause high unemployment and business failures.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion