tuscl

Club memberships

Sunday, December 4, 2016 5:11 PM
How many of you have been to clubs that require membership? I was at a club recently and when I went to pay the cover they asked if I was a member. When I said no wanted to see my ID and signed me up for one. It was only $7 which I don't really care about but I don't like them having my name and address. Not that I'm gonna go in trouble with LE (it's a clean club) but I just don't want them mailing out any advertisements to my house. I think this is also a common thing that all the clubs in this area do. I'd like to think no club would, after all I would think most men wouldn't want their significant other finding a piece of mail from a strip club with their guys name in the address. So I'd imagine that would bad for their business, but you also never know cause some of these clubs have really bad ideas that are bad for business. Anyone have any experience with club memberships? Ever get anything in the mail from them?

10 comments

• jester214
    8 years ago
    Fairly common at NC clubs, maybe even standard? I think there's a legal reason but I can't recall the specifics at the moment. No snail mail, maybe email but not even sure about that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Have not been to such a club, I think most of the ones that do it do-it b/c they have-to in order to get around some stupid local-ordinances
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Often times it has to do w/ dry-areas
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    It comes down to alcohol sales and strippers under the same roof. It's legal for "private membership" clubs. That's a why clubs require a nominally priced membership to enter in a lot of cities.
  • clubdude
    8 years ago
    Only when I was station at Ft Hood. The county was a dry county, so all the strip clubs had to be membership clubs.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I've had membership at clubs in NC and SC. No one ever mailed me anything. Now I did give my email to one club and they have been occasionally sending me emails about upcoming events but I was ok with that and still am.
  • gawker
    8 years ago
    At my favorite club there's nude dancers and alcohol and they have a club " membership" available ( Gold is $125; Platinum I think is $500). I've been a regular there for 8 years and last December they gave me a Gold membership. On the way in tonight they told me they'd have the 2017 cards next week. I guess if the manager or floor dudes know you they give Christmas presents. It saves me $10 or $12 every night I go and there's some provision for renting private party rooms. My ATF tells me that there's big bucks to be made this month with private parties. Last year she claims she made over $2000 at a party for owners of trash and septic removal companies. I guess that's where the money is. She made "over a grand" last Wed. night and " more than $600" on a slow Saturday night. She's doing so well she gave me a "free" Champagne Room 1/2 hour tonight - I paid $90 + tip to the house and a freebie from her. Trust me - nothing is really free with a stripper.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    No club will have me for a member.
  • s88
    8 years ago
    I once saw a $30 a month membership that gave entrance to 3 SCs owned by the same guy in a city for a month. $300/yr also available. Not recurring billing. I also saw a SC, where the $40 cover for one nights cover, if you turn it into CC auto-pay, gives you free cover for the month. Other SCs will have managers or dancers hand out free cover coupons, usually on the opposite type of day it was handed out on (wed customers get a fri/sat coupon, fri/sat customers get a Sun-Thu coupon).
  • impala
    8 years ago
    I know of a couple in PA that require a membership. Was told that they do that to circumvent some of the rules from the PA liquor control board by operating as a private club (like a legion or vfw). I belong to one and have to have a member sponcer you to get in. They usually stay open later and rules are much more loosely enforced.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion