tuscl

Clubs in New Orleans

Monday, November 28, 2016 7:27 AM
My ATF recently moved to New Orleans and started dancing there. She's dancing at Penthouse on Bourbon Street. About two months after she moved, my work asked me if I'd like to go to New Orleans for 6 weeks to help do some onsite stuff for one of our clients. My answer of yes was mainly so I could see my ATF, honestly. I mean, I get a bonus for doing this as well and work is paying for my room and board, so that helps. So, I'm going to see my ATF 2 or 3 times a week. After about two weeks of this, she says to me, "You're the only regular I have now. You're the only regular in this entire club, I think, aside from some bartenders who'll hang out and drink after their shift ends." So, a question for anyone familiar with New Orleans: Why is this such an odd thing that my ATF actually mentioned it to me? When I asked her, all she said was, "It's too touristy in New Orleans for clubs to have regulars. It just doesn't happen." Is this true? I mean, the way she said it, she makes it sound like there's no regulars anywhere. My assignment is done soon anyway, so I won't be a regular there much longer. It just seems odd that regulars are apparently nonexistent down here, and I'm not entirely sure I believe her when she tells me that. I haven't gone to any other club while here, because I'm not interested in anyone but my ATF, so I don't have any experience in any other club.

14 comments

• jackslash
    8 years ago
    I don't know New Orleans, but what she said sounds reasonable.
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    People come to the French Quarter for short vacations to get drunk and sightsee, then go home. Thus, very few regulars. Strippers have adapted their game to taking as much money off you as quickly as possible on Bourbon Street, since they will likely never see you again. Most locals in New Orleans avoid the French Quarter. You have to pay for parking down there, all the prices are inflated on food and drinks, and the tourists are annoying. Regulars club at Visions up toward Lake Ponchartrain, which is way more laid back and cheaper than the French Quarter clubs.
  • newmark
    8 years ago
    Yes, what Sinclair said is true, as is what your ATF told you. I am in once in a while on business, and I never see the same customers twice, not that I pay a lot of attention to the customers.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    As usual sinclair pops up and provides words of wisdom which few could add anything to. Think about it, if you lived in New Orleans would you want to go down to Bourbon Street on a regular basis? The smell of horse shit alone is enough to make me travel down there as little as possible.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I hope to be able to visit Passions! Close to Visions, and to Lake Ponchartrain. SJG
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    It's kind of similar to the situation in south Florida and I imagine any town or area with a large tourist trade. In Florida if you go to Miami Beach or Key West the clubs in the tourist districts are mostly (all) rip off joints, the best clubs are in outlying areas i.e.: Tootsies or other large well known establishments are not going to waste money locating in high rent districts.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    sinclair is spot on. burbon st is for tourists, nola locals club elsewhere
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I hope to be up close and very personal with some of those Passions girls. No, that is not what most tourists would be looking for. :) SJG Hot girl in this music video: [view link]
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^ you actually need to leave San Jose to achieve these goals
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    So Shailynn, you keep posting things like that. ^^^^^^ So when you troll, it encourages other people to troll, and then that discourages people who want to make topical posts. 1. Current responsibilities keep me in place. 2. Current responsibilities require that I keep my f2f life private 3. When I travel it will not be sex tourism, it will be to expand a business. But I will be connecting with strip club girls everywhere I go. 4. My f2f life is private, not anyone's business. So I am not sure what part of this you are not understanding. These worst of the trolls I keep on ignore. Ignore List DoctorPhil [restore] DoctorPhil. [restore] ime [restore] Meat72 [restore] san_jose_gay [restore] So when you see them trolling, don't assume that you can join in, as they will provide you with cover. I don't even see what they post, but I do see what you post. Thanks, SJG
  • DoctorPhil
    8 years ago
    @san_jose_guy “1. Current responsibilities keep me in place. 2. Current responsibilities require that I keep my f2f life private 3. When I travel it will not be sex tourism, it will be to expand a business. But I will be connecting with strip club girls everywhere I go.” you crack me up and you just keep getting stupider and stupider. at the same dead end job with the same dead end company for nearly 30 years. a mail order bride who kicked you out and put a restraining order on your ass and the real reason you don’t go anywhere, besides being too chicken and too stupid, is that you parole officer would violate your dumb ass
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    I was in NOLA back in March and I talked with several people in several clubs on Bourbon St. I didn't even do reviews on these clubs because they appeared to me to be a rip off bitch paradise. I didn't spend more than 15 or 20 minutes in each club and I was in them all. All were the same. Not to my liking. I even had 2 prostitutes offer me a threescore and before we got to the destination they tried to rob me by sticking their hands in my pockets and trying to grab my wallet. Bad People on Bourbon Street !
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    New Orleans is a shithole. Even when I lived there and was seriously jonesing to see some strippers, I never wasted the time or money. Traffic getting to the FQ is hell. Finding parking anywhere near the FQ takes forever and costs an arm and a leg, then you have to push your way through all the tourists, panhandlers, and hustlers.then repeat the whole process in reverse to go home. No, I essentially had to give up clubbing when they shut down Fat City and the other Jefferson Parish clubs. Visions is in New Orleans East, that is a dangerous part of town and was just too far for me to drive for strippers. Damn, but I had some good times at Jaguar's when it was open.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    There is a house in New Orleans They call the Rising Sun And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy And God knows SJG's one
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion