tuscl

Least Favorite Decade for Music

For me it would be the 90s. Not alot of great music coming out of that decade.

How about the rest of you? What's your least favorite?

19 comments

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    2010's, a lot of garbage stuff this decade.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    The present decade for me, I can't think of one artist that will have longevity.

I didn't think the 90's were so bad, the 80's were the best, but it's all relative to your age I suppose. I guess Shadowcat liked the 40's best......only kidding SC :-)
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    this period because of so much gansta rap. don't misunderstand... i like pit bull and most the general hot latin music. butt this american focus on super excessive stuff and bling and 'nigga' and being so bad i find annoying. i prefer edm and hot latin romantic fun mixes. with some rock and jazz and blues thrown in. and motown. please!
  • ime
    8 years ago
    right now
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    This decade no doubt.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    No wonder I think you're a twit Dougster. The 90's was a totally innovative time in Rock History- Starting with the Grunge pantheon of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden, bringing us Nine Inch Nails, the Smashing Pumpkin, Rage Against the Machine- the list goes on.

My Least favorite decade? I grew up in the Late 70's. Album Oriented Rock reached a state of being the same thing regurgitated and Disco..... was dreadful!
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    With the exception of a couple of songs grunge sucked. Especially Nirvana. Absolutely the worst. Then the decade ended with bubble gum pop. What a waste musically.

Disco was awesome!
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Londonguy - I liked the 40's music a lot better than this rap shit out there now. In fact awhile back I did attend a concert by:

http://glennmillerorchestra.com/
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah, probably the 90s for me too - all those artists Hugh mentioned I was not into at all - not to say there wasn't some stuff I liked in the 90s but most of what was popular I did not like
  • rattdog
    8 years ago
    why a lot of musical garbage today? well what music most likely was being learned to play by most of today's artists while learning to play with instruments? stuff from the 90's to early 2000's, an era of predominantly real shitty music imho. never cared for pearl jam. david grohl was the most talented member of nirvana. despite that always thought the foo fighers sucked. those p diddy productions never did much for me.
    there were at best may be 6-7 musical acts from that time period that i would consider more than listenable.
    some of the members here despise disco, but i'll tell you what-there were a lot of great disco classics. even someone like alice cooper admitted to enjoying listening to disco in his car while no one was around.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    This decade's music isn't music, girly girls lip synching, boy bands being fags, They wouldn't know music if it bit them on the butt.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    How can you not like the 90s? The 90s were a brilliant decade!

Oasis, Blur, the Verve, Pulp, Elastica, and so many more!
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    https://youtu.be/yuTMWgOduFM

Talk about some ace music!

Unfortunately, you never hear it in the club. :(
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Ever since boy bands and the pop divas got popular I've pretty much abandoned FM for Sports and News programming on the AM dial.

So, in terms of pop music, I guess my answer is 90s, 00s, and 10s

There is still some good underground sounds but very sporadic.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    The 2010's.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    The majority of the 60s and early 70s. Anything that can only be appreciated while drugged out of your mind.
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    Thanks to Pandora, the years since 2010 have been the best ever, in my life at least.

The worst for me was the 1990's.
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    if the 90's is your worst decade for music......then you DEFINITELY don't listen to hip hop.

for me, its this current decade
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I listen to very little music from the 21st century. The only good band that's post 20th C is Babymetal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ERg64g…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion