tuscl

NLCS Not Enough This Year.

rockstar666
Illinois
Saturday, October 15, 2016 4:45 PM
Last year, after beating the Cardinals, I felt like we were playing with house money so while I was disappointed losing to the Mets, it was a fun season. This year, beating the Dodgers is necessary. GOT to make the Series!!!

19 comments

• mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I will root for the Cubs
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    they're probably gonna lose...
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Anyone can win in baseball, but chessmaster..I wouldn't put any money on your prediction. It will cost you many lap dances.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I've wore my Cubs cap at golf since I learned the game, and took a lot of shit for it when they were terrible. I wore it with pride the last 2 years...and I want some post series gloat for it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Go to Follies
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Good luck Rockstar. At least the Pirates won 3 championships during my lifetime
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Thanks mikeya02...no need to recap the Cubs post season history!
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Cubs vs Indians would be a dream World Series! So hoping it happens....
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Meat, I think more people wanted a Cubs / Red Sox series, but Indians are a good second choice. If the Indians play like they have the past 2 weeks, nothing can stop them, not even a surging Cubs team.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I was also hoping for Boston with the Cubs, but frankly if the Cubs get through the Dodgers, neither American team has much of a chance. I all my years, I've never seen a team as strong in every department as the Cubs. It's probably the best team since the '27 Yankees.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    I'm going to watch the movie "Major League" just to prepare for the Indians going to the World Series. Charlie Sheen and the rest of the cast makes for good nostalgia. Indians/Cubs couldn't be a better match up, just like Meat72 stated!
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I don't care for Baseball, but I'll root for my Tigers. Are my Tigers in it this year?
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    How can anyone hate the Cubs? That's like saying you hate your infant granddaughter's fuzzy teddy bear. What did they ever do to anyone? They're cuddly and harmless. They've been the league lap dog for over a century.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah - how can one hat a team that hasn't won in over 100 years
  • six300s
    8 years ago
    I was at the game Saturday night in bleachers. I have been going to Cubs games my entire life. (First game in 1970 at 6 weeks old). After Miggie's grand slam, it was the loudest and shakiest I have ever experienced.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    It's happening! Cubs vs Indians will be the best World Series in recent memory. I'm calling it right now!
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Well..... Looky here! Looks like my crystal ball was correct from my previous post a week ago.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Congrats rockstar and Cubs fans! My whole life it has been so easy to rail on their fans, and WGN always had the day games on tv before 1988 and we'd always laugh at their "Wait til next year" attitude. Well now "next year" has become this year. It's the biggest monkey off anyone's back since the Red Sox won 10 + years ago. Awesome!
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Tks! I must say, I have never had a more heart wrenching sports experience than last night's game 7. In the bag, out of the bag, and then final victory. My worst moment was the rain delay!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion