tuscl

Edibles

gawker
Older than dirt
JS69 has written often about his new found pleasure of smoking weed. It has always been my drug of choice and I don't get "dope dick" as I do with "hard drugs".
I recently was with a stripper who has a medical marijuana card for her anxiety and she gave me a piece of raspberry lime candy which contained 100 mg. of THC . What a nice mellow high achieved without smoking in a hotel room.
Just wondering if anyone on here has a marijuana card or has tried the edible products?

10 comments

• ButterMan
    8 years ago
    I've tried weed brownies before...good stuff
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    One of my buddies has kidney issues and has medical marijuana so I got to try edibles last March after I destroyed my back golfing and instead of ruining the tournament decided to play anyway.. I recall the buzz as pretty damn good, but to be fair I also had 10 drinks, smoked weed and hash, and did mucho oxycodone per day. You can play 2 rounds of golf with e herniated disc and back spasms doing it this way and except for 12 weeks of 3x per week physical therapy I had no adverse effacts
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    I used to get high when I was much younger, but hardly ever any more. The only exception is when I'm hanging out with some hot little number and she wants to get high. I've tried liquid THC in a vape and that was really smooth, tasted fine, and gave me a better, more alert, mellower buzz than smoking a joint or taking a bong hit. I'm curious to try edibles now too. I'll have to find a sweet little thing that wants to get high that way.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Yes in college many years ago. Good stuff! I wish they'd hurry up and legalize it already!
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I'm high on life.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Edibles are my favorite form of marijuana. The advantages are a stronger, longer, and more consistent high. It's also very easy to control how high you get once you learn your tolerances. I also like the fact that edibles are very easy to conceal in clubs, airplanes, etc, and you don't cough up a lung.

But edibles take experience and planning. It takes 1-3 hours for the drug to fully take effect from an edible, and it can last 6-8 hours easy. In comparison, smoking can get you high almost immediately and last for a couple of hours.

Gawker I don't think you really had a 100 mg edible. Most are sold in 5-10 mg form. Many strippers can get high from 10-15 mg. It takes me 30-40 mg to get comfortably numb. Even Heck didn't do 100 mg edibles. That would render me unconscious for quite a while.

• JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Yeah, we even made edible brownies back in the day.

I'm not a big fan of hot smoke in my lungs, so I like edibles. You do have to regulate your dose, because you'll still be digesting even as you start to feel high.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    no thank you!

SJG
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    At the risk of dating myself, I was also taking about pot brownies, too. Good stuff! Glad to read there are more options these days!
  • gawker
    8 years ago
    In the 60's we called them "Alice B. Toklas brownies". JS69 - I have the prescription label which reads 100 mg. THC. As you stated, it took about an hour for the full effect and it did last a long time. ( time sort of got distorted) but at least 7 hours before I felt OK to drive. Last night I took one at about 7:00 and then 5 lines of some real nice powder which kept me up till 5:00. Just saying goodbye to my ATF who's moving to Floriduh.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion