tuscl

OT: Metallica

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Friday, August 19, 2016 6:09 AM
I heard Metallica put out a new album. I used to love Metallica. I listened to all their albums all the way up through Re-load on a near weekly basis. Great for working out. But St. Anger sucked so bad, I stopped paying any attention to their new shit and stick with the old albums. So after the haircuts, the alt-rock experiments, S&M, Napster, their group therapy documentary, how does everyone else feel?

15 comments

• ime
    8 years ago
    Lars Ulrich is a pussy.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Only stuff i can listen too by them and i don't often is. No life til leather demo Ride the lightning kill em all And some of their cover stuff is pretty good
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    ^yeah, lot of good cover stuff on Garage, Inc
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    After And Justice For All I'm out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    For the most-part I'm not a fan of a particular artist & more like specific songs, also not too big a fan of heavy-metal though I can like some songs - w.r.t. Metallica I like "Enter the Sandman" but don't know any othet songs
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Metallica is so 1993.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Metallic is perfect for working out...damn near all of my PRs was accomplished to enter sand man
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    [view link] A discussion of their greatest riffs
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    Death Magnetic was actually a decent album more in line with their pre-black album albums. St. Anger would have been better with a different production arrangement. I don't think of the Load and Reload albums as classic Metallica, but realistically, they weren't going to do the Black Album again. They earned the right to experiment and if it fell flat, so be it. It's not like those were terrible albums. (That would be the one they did with Lou Reed.) Not every album a band does is going to be great.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Ever watch the uncensored music video of their cover of Bob Seger's "Turn the Page"? Seeing the stripper's kid in the dressing room is a somber thought. But it probably happens. And then mama turns tricks at night. On a serious note, it makes me question my strip club exploits. It's really sad.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    More news and single from their new album [view link]
  • rl27
    8 years ago
    My favorite albums are still Kill them All through And Justice for All. Death Magnetic was the last album after the Black Album I liked. I just listened to their song Hardwired to Self Destruct, and musically it's well done. Unfortunately it has the same problem that most of the songs after the Black Album has. Lyrically it's far too simple. Currently of the Big Four I mostly listen to Anthrax and Megadeth. Slayer is still kick ass, but like Metallica their lyrics are not up to par with what they were ten years ago.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    My music teacher in junior high loved ...And Justice For All, from the compositional and technical viewpoint. The talent it took to play how they played is remarkable; however, the sociopolitical commentary was tiresome. I've always enjoyed the personal and introspective themes of the black album, Load, and re-Load. Again, what little I heard from albums after that discouraged me from spending any more time and money on them, add in Napster, the ill-conceived team up with the SFSO, and their pussy ass group therapy documentary... so not metal.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i'm still looking for the latest Lawrence Welk album. Hot stuff!!!
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Haven't heard their new album yet, but St. Anger is brilliant (props to 4got2wipe). If you don't like that album, you just aren't in to mainstream modern metal.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion