• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Great - now we can feel better about hitting the clubs
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Greed is good.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    good news is when government statisticians play with numbers that work in your favor.
    Let's rocket higher. I'm all in.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Titty fagget I thought his name was MoreHead ?

Dougster thank god for this news. My investment is doing well in the index then
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    I'm hoping to see the broken clock response from doomsayers, like San Jose Guy, retorting any values that are held in the markets as being overvalued. It may get overvalued, but I've been saying for years that any material correction may not happen until 2018.

In all honesty I wish the doomsayers would have their day of dismaying stocks, I need to place at least another $200-$300k into it over the next few years to safely stop working full time. If the markets drop in price then we all can buy into it a lot cheaper. As long as we are range bound and don't break out in the upside, there will be no bubble, at least as long as rates rise slowly. Inflation will be the shoe to watch drop, and when it does show up it will be your tip to get cautious and pare back your exposure to stocks.

U can pay me in lap dances for this advice.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    The boom and bust economy is the road to doom. Hard to stop the busts, but we can refuse to support the booms.

SJG
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I'm looking forward to a rise up to 2200 ish, then a drop down to 1600 by the year 2020 or sooner, then a rise up to 3200 to 4000 in the SP500 by 2028. Of course it could accelerate and do a lot of that by next year if things speed up.

According to some junk mail in long term cycles, with peak earning years of baby boomers having already climaxed, we should expect a drop in stocks and then economy heading into 2020. Let's rally while our central banks are doing helicopter drops. Gen X will have to save the day with all of us making 350k per year, I would like to help out but I need a serious pay increase.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    IME, that's a cool SJG quote- lmfao!

He wrote earlier today about how his new organization will be dedicated to abolishing the middle class. No link- found under topic "Marriage Used as a Weapon". That's too much.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    meat the the family is evil it must be eradicated
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    That's f-ing hilarious! ^
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Because of brexit, rates won't rise as soon as people thought. So stocks go up?

I'm long the ovreally market but nervous.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    I've always told people here not to listen to the financial media's take on things. No it's not about interest rates or "helicopter money".

Good to see you backing off your former position of "it's all a bubble that's going to coming crash down", JamesSTD.

• Mate27
    8 years ago
    The financial media are out for one thing only, to drive up ratings so they can command more money for their add space. It's human behavior to be drawn to crashes and train wrecks before peaceful things, so in order to create more viewership they want the public to perceive a crash coming. They can be there, just like the political media, stirring the pot for those who have nothing better to do but waste time watching TV.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Aren't they repackaging and selling CDO's again as a bespoke tranche opportunities....you'd hope if we were gonna repeat old mistakes we could wait a little longer.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Yes I watched the Big Short last weekend hence that last post. It was a pretty good movie though.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Loved the "Big Short"

Came out at a nice time while the country is blaming immigrants for the near-death-spiral deflation we're still in. Build that Wall!!! The characters in the movie aren't heroes; they're smart dudes who saw the crash in advance and profited from it. The Steve Carell character was hilarious, and Selena Gomez makes a "cute" appearance. She's hot.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    I'm embarrassed to write I actually had to google what S&P was. There. I'll go sit in the corner with my dunce cap on. I need to start investing one of these days. Some of you guy and lopaw seem to be doing well with it. It's time I stop saying one of these days ...
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Warren Buffet and several respected wealthy people have touted that the average person who knows nothing about investing should stick to using the S&P 500 index fund as the best tool in your retirement plan. That's all you need, and a cash reserve of about 3-5 years worth of withdrawals.

Example, if you're close to the date of needing your funds or are in retirement use this simple strategy. Say someone has done a good job of saving and has $1 million dollars and needs $50k to live on. $50k multiplied by 5 years is $250k. So keep $250,000 parked in a cash/stable investment to cover your next 5 years of withdrawals ($50k/year) and leave the remaining ($750k) invested in the S&P 500 fund. The easiest advice is often the best advice, and the majority of other advice you'll get from advisors will simply cost you tens of thousands of $$ over your lifetime.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Closing at an all time high?

Well this must be the best time for people to jump in!

SJG
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    @Meat: the times they are changing. Traditional active managers going to give way to quant and index funds.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion