tuscl

NBA Superteams

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:18 AM
What the fuck is happening? It's funny the NBA tried to stop Superteams from happening a few years back and now they're letting it go full force. Yes we all know about Golden State, but have you seen what San Antonio is doing? What if this superteam comes together for the Knicks? D Wade is pissed off at Miami, could he just say "fuck it" and go to Cleveland for a bunch of less money? Certainly is entertaining to watch, escape silly with the break in baseball for the all star game.

19 comments

• TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Interesting developments but the season is not a show off all star game and there's this thing called chemistry. The whole is not always the sum of it's parts, they also have to mesh.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    The 60's Celtics won 11 titles in 13 years Let's have a TUSCL reunion in 10 years and we can talk then.
  • bkkruined
    8 years ago
    I'm just happy to see the guy who stole the Sonics from Seattle end up with shit. I don't really care who wins next year, or the next 10 years, as long as the "thunder" are nowhere near the playoffs ever again. (ya, fuck them!!!)
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ^ Bitter much? LOL Actually I understand as I still hate the Ravens and deservedly dead Art Modell, the the real Browns are in Baltimore while Cleveland got stuck with a bunch of inept imposters!
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    What is San Antonio doing? I know they got Pau Gasol, but he's over the hill.
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    The NBA sucks because of this very issue. Teams like my Suns don't even have ONE Superstar while others have two or three! The league has to make a "Superstar" rule where they put the label of a Superstar on a player. Each team can only have ONE Superstar. If there happens to be more Suoerstars than teams (not gonna happen, not THAT much talent in the NBA) then a team could only then sign a second one at a huge cap penalty like 10-15 million.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    NBA is getting like NASCAR in some respects. The mismanagement is getting weird.
  • Longball300
    8 years ago
    Like baseball in certain ways; at the beginning of the season how many teams actually have a realistic chance of winning the trophy in the NBA. 5 or 6 maybe?
  • magicrat
    8 years ago
    I would say this year, at least 10 of the MLB teams have a chance to win the World Series.
  • Aaron_hip
    8 years ago
    Look. Some people want to play together. Get over it. But you know what the league did? The NBA gave the CAVS three #1 seeds at the draft in 4 years! Then the NBA gave LeBron a technical for sitting on Draymond, who got a flagrant 1 from getting the dude off him! If anything, there is no point of playing when the NBA is making sure the CAVS get the best chance year after year. I wonder what will happen next year. Maybe the league will just declare any team from the West is not eligible to win the championship. NBA is rigged.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    ^ Harry_dip, your continuous hate for LeBron and the Cavs is noted here and that's fine. But even though your whining butt hurt posts are actually comical, next time get some facts before you post your moronic drivel. Facts are the Cavs beat the odds and lucked out to win the NBA draft lottery those years, nobody gave them anything! And for the record the Cavs gave up 2 of the guys they picked #1 in a trade. The only one they have from that run is Kyrie.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    this shit is super lame. I agree with rock that superstars should be 1 on as many teams as possible, 2 max. But this would never happen and I have no idea how they would make it work. This just leads to a watered down product and a lot more irrelevant teams. There's no suspense or mystery.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    This has been going on as long as there have been pro sports. Teams that win consistently make money and if they use that money properly they get the best players, nothing rigged about it, just smart business, mixed with sports savvy. For examples just look to the past its the same in all sports, think about, the Yankees of the 40s and 50s and early 60s , the Green Bay Packers, or the championship Boston Celtics, in hockey the Boston Bruins with Orr, Esposito or even the Philly Flyers and New York Islanders of the 70s. all winning teams that used money to load up on talent and continue to win, thus make money. Its not rocket science its just basic business 101.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    The spurs picked up Paul gasol he is a little over the hill so i wouldn't call that a super team. But I hope he does help make up for the loss of duncan. I hope they beat GS next year. Did I mention i hate the warriors? can't believe durant did that. They just traded for oladipo and i was looking forward to them taking out Golden state next year.
  • Shylynn
    8 years ago
    Look at me I'm shailynn and I'm talking about Sports like I'm intelligent
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ fuckin eh at least you spelled every word right this time. Did you mom teach you how to run Spell Check?
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I think the real key is that championships in any sport are lots more likely to be won by star teams than by teams of stars. That's why teams like the Washington Redskins under Dan Snyder's "guidance" have been mired in mediocrity. Contrast their recent efforts with those of the Pittsburgh Steelers who have consistently fielded teams that play unselfishly and generally win if they are not gutted by injuries. The Rooney's, who have owned the team from the beginning also have one of the lowest total salaries in the league and have not been afraid to let supposed superstars depart in free agency, and always seem to replace them with equally efficient players. Need more examples? Watch the movie Money all, a virtual textbook of how to pull together a winning team for a relative pittance.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Damned autocorrect. Should have read "Moneyball"
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Yup, the Bulls are the new SUPERTEAM! They might even make the playoffs!!! I think Cleveland is in BIG trouble. Oh and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if anyone is interested.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion