tuscl

When new management attacks! - OR - What do you think will happen to this club?

martinb244
Florida
Tuesday, May 31, 2016 8:44 PM
One of my local clubs is under new management and the new owners have mad changes. It's the Fox Gentleman's Club in Bath, PA. The club is 8.5 miles away from Platinum Plus Allentown. Location: Bath, PA, is a predominantly white, working class area. [view link] Dance Prices: Before dancers set their own prices. The ones that made money and sold nude dances charged 30.00 / song. The club has now set the price of a nude dance to 60.00 / 4 minutes. Topless dances are now 30.00 / 4 minutes. The club takes 10.00 from every topless dance and 20.00 form every nude dance. Before the club took only 10.00 from every dance. 120.00 / 15 min VIP 220.00 / 30 min VIP 400.00 / 1 hr VIP I don't know the split for VIP. Fees: Dancers must now pay an extra 6.00 for every hour they stay past their designated shift. I don't know if they pay any late fees. Other: Bartenders and bouncers now work as employees. I believe that means they now have to pay taxes on that income.. Before they were all working under the table. This is not an extras club. Mileage varies, but two dancers have given me regular VHM. The one has retired from dancing. The other has returned from maternity leave and gives me UHM / GFE level dances at 30.00 / song. She is the only reason I even go to this club at all. These are the changes I remember being told by this dancer. I made sure to get her number that day, because she may leave the club. I sure don't want to go to a club that charges as much for a dance as I pay for groceries in one week. I was told that the new owners owned another club closer to Philadelphia in a similar area and ran it into the ground. I was also told they are currently running two other clubs in Philadelphia. Questions: What the hell are these people thinking? What is the education level of people who run clubs? Do these people have MBAs or business acumen? Does a club like this make much of its profits from the cut it takes from lap dances sold? Wouldn't most of it's money come from alcohol sales? Do you think this will go well for these people? I don't.

17 comments

• snakeguy
    8 years ago
    "I was told that the new owners owned another club closer to Philadelphia in a similar area and ran it into the ground. I was also told they are currently running two other clubs in Philadelphia." Anytime a new owner takes over any business and makes changes it tends to annoy some people. The statement I quoted above is probably hear say and I wouldn't consider it to be that reliable. I believe that they make a lot of money from Dancer fees, there are places that do not sell alcohol and they survive off of cover, mixers and dancer fees. I do understand that sometimes a club atmosphere changes dramatically when it is taken over by a new owner, but for everyone that likes it less, there will be some that like it more. There are several clubs I have seen change ownership, some I liked better, some I chose to avoid, it will eventually settle down.
  • sinclair
    8 years ago
    $60 for a 4 minute dance is ridiculous. Even $30 is high for somewhere not called Las Vegas or New York. What will end up happening is guys will come in and nurse beers and not spend much money. If you want to encourage guys to buy lap dances, lower the price and provide some value as incentive.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    I would go to another club. Surely there are others that charge less. Maybe they will get the message.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    The club is in Bath, PA? I never heard of anybody in Pennsylvania having a bath.
  • ellocohombre
    8 years ago
    Yea that is plain stupid. Charge double for nude,wtf. If the dancers don't make money they will move on. Then you end up with wanna be and has been. Hot bitches are gone. Don't owners and managers ever listen to customers and entertainers. It's our business they need to prosper and do well. They just don't get it.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    The club won't do well because their prices are too high. So in response to the need to make more money, management will decide to raise prices again. I've seen this happen at least a dozen times, probably more. Most strip club management seems incapable of understanding why Walmart is so successful.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    ^bingo
  • metaldude
    8 years ago
    For some strange reason clubs in that part of PA have $30 and up dances as a rule rather than an exception. I know one club where the dances are $30 and the dancers ask for $30/dance tip up front. I've never understood it and avoid them most of the time (sometimes the little head does all the talking). Not sure how they can continue with those prices but they do.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Few club owners, or dancers, recognize the law of diminishing returns. To a point, if prices are not already too high, revenue from a higher-per-dance price structure will exceed that lost from less business. However, at some point, demand will suddenly drop like a rock, and the club owners and dancers will be left wondering wtf happened.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    This has happened at this club before, actually a couple of times (once about 15 years ago and then about 8 years ago). Someone new buys the place, tires to change it and charge premium pricing but not providing a premium experience. Your right as that it is a blue class working mans bar, and the type of high roller clientele is not going to go there. Each time it almost runs the place into the ground, someone local buys the place, and it takes about 5 or 6 years for the place to come back. Then someone from outside the area finds the place, thinks if they change it they can make a bucket of money, and, well, the cycle continues. Problem is that with its close proximity to NJ and the more "lenient" attitude there, your just not going to make this place anything more than a corner go-go bar. Just hope they don't kill the place for good, I know for a fact that the downtown merchants would love to see the place gone.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Only the busiest of cities would be able to survive with that pricing set up. It would need to have a guaranteed customer base (ie touristy and the like). The club would also need strict hiring policy to have a superb and plentiful "lineup" of girls.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Money laundering.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    That's highway robbery. Vote with your wallet. Actually, thinking of it, the girls will be making so little money that your OTC opportunities will skyrocket.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah - about the only logical explanation is what gmd said - they may not care about making a profit and have a different purpose/interest in mind.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    If other clubs in the area are doing the same thing ($30 and-up dances) then perhaps they may be able to get away with it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I do wonder if $30+ dances became the norm if it would kill off SCs - for those of us that cut our teeth on cheaper dances $30+ dances is appalling but for those just getting into the game that don't have a SC history may think it's ok mainly b/c they don't know any better. I also wonder if those that really enjoy SCs would stay away b/c of $30+ dances if there wasn't another option (i.e. all clubs did the same thing) - e.g. let's say one normally spends $300 in total in a visit getting dances from many different dancers - if the dances were $30+ would they still go and spend the $300 but just on less dancers and still try to get their SC fix?
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    Geeze! I have trouble accepting $25 nude dances. (Guess I should be be more appreciative of the options I have.)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion