tuscl

Ladies - What ever happened to "thank you"

ididthisonce
North Carolina
I just posted a review which was critical of a dancer that I tipped $10 on stage and never saw her again. I think I was one of two tips for her set. Also read another review in NC where the gentleman was "put out" with a similar situation.

The old protocol was that regardless of the size of the tip (even as little as $2) that as a dancer left the stage and came back into the crowd that she would seek out the gentleman tipping her and whisper thank you as she passed by. Even with other dancers sitting with him she was not an intrusion or were there a lack of manners.

What is up nowadays?

23 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Not a thing. Dancers are what they are. Some are grateful, some not.
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    Expecting courtesy in this industry is bound to lead to disappointment.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Most dancers I encounter are polite. Maybe it depends on the type of club or area of the country?
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I can't remember any dancer in any club that I have been in that didn't say thank-you. That really is pretty shabby in her part.
  • ididthisonce
    8 years ago
    @ dawg - It happens to me more often than it used to.

@ rock - the clubs are in the South and are not dives. Just an observation as things have changed over the years.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I'd say maybe 10-20% of dancers in my experience go around and thank guys for tips. Another 30-40% at least say thanks on stage. The rest are as the OP described, acting like they were entitled to your money and wondering why it took you so long to pay them.

Thanking people who pay you should be customer service 101. At the very least you'd think they would thank those who pay well above average and try to get dances from them. And it is often the case that the bigger earners are the ones who go out of their way to avoid an entitlement attitude.

But as we all know, customer service is very hit or miss in a strip club. You shouldn't let it bother you cause it's inherent in the strip club business model. Young girls working more or less independently and unsupervised often aren't going to have the best business sense.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I could not agree with you more ididthisonce.

Here's the thing that infuriates me (and if I am wrong, would the dancers that participate on this site correct me).

I go to tip a girl on stage, and it's someone I am interesting in getting some dances from, so I tip $10 or $20 or give her a wad of $1s which are somewhere between $10 and $15. I usually even say "please come see me when you get off the stage." Then she never does, and either disappears into the dressing room only to return and sit at a booth/table by herself or with other workers of the club. If the dancer goes back to a table with another customer I understand that.

What I also do not understand is when I tip a girl on stage, she goes back to a table, and sits there for the next hour with a group of guys and blows me off. Why is that? She's not making any money with those guys??? Note, this usually happens at lower scale clubs. At more upscale clubs this seems to be less of an issue, and I've also have girls at upscale clubs say "listen, I have a regular here tonight but when I can break free I will come over and say hi," which is a much appreciated gesture.

• GACA
    8 years ago
    I hate when they come and try the insincere thanks and hugs, I won't allow it. If they are truly thankful they'll take a seat next to mine and start chatting.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Everytime I bring Juice a Four Loko and a 6 Piece of Chackin Fangers he always says thank you. A true gentleman.
  • gawker
    8 years ago
    A couple of years ago I was at my favorite club and the dancer I went to see wasn't there, it was a terribly slow day and for some reason I had club funny money. A skinny blonde (6 on a good day) was on stage and I was the only customer at the stage. I just wanted to leave so I tipped her all the funny money I had ($40 or $50) and left. A year later she whispered in my ear that if I took her to the Champagne Room shed blow me for nothing. And she did. And she was good, if not great. And she swallowed.
    Sort of like pulling a thorn from a lion's paw I guess.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I don't think it's just dancers. It's the Millenials. (God, I hate that word)

When I pull into McD's for my Iced Tea and Filet 'o Fish, I never get a thank you from the young ones. The older workers do say thank you, but they young ones - NEVER.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I think part of it is what motor said; kinda a sign of the times as most people in general in today's society are less polite IMO.

I also think it's the way SCs are now a days - I think w/ the higher mileage comes less friendliness/politeness from dancers and also custies - i.e. back when SCs where more Gentlemen's clubs there seemed to be better manners in both directions.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    w.r.t. a dancer(s) not coming by one's table after being tipped and asked if they can stop-by; this has been discussed b/f many times and the consensus probably is as ICs they can do as they please - I used to be bothered by it but now just accept it as part of the game - simply, if I am entitled to say no to a dancer then she is entitled to say no to me, IMO.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    A thank you on stage is good enough for me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    If they are hos; they're usually not polite - if they are polite; they're usually not hos - take your pick

:)
  • s88
    8 years ago
    Different club to club and city to city. At almost-by-location-southern club, every dancer thanked you, and every dancer smiled. No exceptions. Come to my snowbelt city, half the dancers wont look at 90% of the customers. Reasons I've heard from strippers

"He only bought 5 songs last time ($20 a song)"

"he is (black/white/indian/hispanic), they never buy anything, so I dont talk to them"

"he looks disgusting, I bet he is disgusting [he is going to try to kiss/finger/fuck/whip out dick/slap me/ask me out without offering to party]"

"he looks like a creep, he isn't going to want to talk with me" (all strippers complains at my SC most the customers will not talk with strippers, as if it is degrading to the customer to speak to a stripper).
  • K
    8 years ago
    I cannot recall a dancer saying "thank you" other than as I tipped her. I don't think anyone has every come to me after her set and thanked me.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It doesn't really bother too much if they say thank you or not as long as they perform when giving dances, etc - and most of the time when they say thank you it just seems like a formality - sometimes they say it with a nice sexy warm smile and then it often means something to me; but o/w I really don't care.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I don't need them to thank me, but I always thank them when I come.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Same thing that happens to everyones' manners. "me first" and "I'm gonna get mine" are the prevalent attitudes today.
  • Cowboy12
    8 years ago
    Dancers have always thanked me at the stage, unless there were a lot of other PL's tipping at same time.
    Very rarely do they come over to my table and thank me after their stage set.
    It doesn't bother me, that's just the way it is in clubs.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    It's stupid - to not thank a customer for a tip. It will make the guy think twice about tipping her again - and it will probably stop him from buying dances from her too.

When you go to Target or Walmart - and the cashier doesn't thank you - it's rude too. However - they don't give a shit - as they get a paycheck either way. But a dancer isn't paid by the hour. If she doesn't provide a reason for a customer to spend more on her - by acting rude. Then the customers won't spend. It's stupid.
  • Ugluck75
    8 years ago
    A decent club will have several good options. If not, then it might be time to find a better club to visit. Stage tipping can be very useful in helping figure out which strippers deserve your attention. If I tip a dancer and she ignores me, then I ignore her too and take another for dances instead.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion