tuscl

The new $20 bill....

20 comments

• TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    That is one ugly woman LOL! So ugly that when I saw yesterday that they're putting her on the twenty I gave serious thought to the possibility of saving up all my twenties now so that when they issue her I won't need any of those twenties and in that future always demanding bigger or smaller bills when ever I exchange currency.
    They could have chosen Cindy Crawford, Shannon Elizabeth, or another looker if they had to put a woman on a bill.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Ha, every time I look at that bill, I'm like, "fuck, I better become a better person"! I'm definitely handing those bills around upside-down
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I am elated that Harriet Tubman is to be on the $20 bill.

Now only did she liberate slaves, she helped recruit for John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry. She also recued a man from custody in a courthouse, twice in the same day.

So I hope that the picture they use of her does justice to this.

Andrew Johnson was the end of that era of greatness in which this country was founded. A horrible President.

SJG

Hitler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjkpaXl…
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    My best friend told me the other day that they're putting her on the $20 bill and I didn't believe it for a second until she showed me a link.

For those exclaiming that she's ugly, please. Benjamin Franklin isn't the best looking guy on any level but I still happily accept those!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I think it's pretty-cool - she was a great person and sacrificed a lot
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I think it's cool too.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Watch, rappers will start making it rain Tubmans exclusively
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Hahaha! That's hilarious. Although people don't usually make it rain in 20's, that would sure fill the pockets of us dancers.

I can definitely see rappers referring to her in their songs now. "Bout ta spend a ton of Tubbbmannns"
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Andrew Jackson was the end of that era of greatness in which this country was founded. A horrible President. He initiated the spoils system

Excellent book about how bad the election of Andrew Jackson was:

http://www.amazon.com/Speculations-Ameri…

SJG
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Harriet Tubman was a courageous woman, a hero in the fight against slavery and in the Civil War. Read about her accomplishments instead of rejecting her out of ignorance:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk…
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    This thread cracks me up
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    She is definitely worthy of the honor for sure!
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    She was a courageous and selfless person. But so were many many other historical figures, and we only have five bills that people use regularly. I fail to see how she is entitled to such an extraordinarily high honor.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I heard this morning on the news the democrats decided to remove a president and a founding father of the Democratic Party off of our currency and replace him with a gun toting evangelical Republican. Harriet Tubman. I guess change is coming. I was wondering if that's a sign we will get a change in elected parties in the White House too.
    When I think about removing a founding father of the Democratic Party and replacing him, Harriet seems like a good choice. I would have preferred a better looking face on our Monopoly money but if they do away with paper currency, this whole discussion becomes academic.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

Who in the government makes these decisions?

And isn't there more inportant issues for our government to be concerned with than who's on the $20 bill?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    It's PC at its' finest. I agree she was a remarkable woman who helped many in the struggle against slavery. Slavery is evil in any form. Let's celebrate her elevation into a new place of honor and usefulness.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Harriet Tubman was an amazing woman. She did incredible things. That said... she is a symbol. Her actual contribution to this country doesn't compare to Andrew Jackson.

Booting one person just to have another person is wrong. The only reasonable answer is multiple faces on a bill.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    Next thing we will be placing San_Jose_Gay on paper currency for praising efforts in establishing GLBT rights.
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    Andrew Jackson was the last president to balance the federal budget and have the government not have any back debt to pay.
    The only question I have is that since Ms. Tubman was bought and sold would she want her likeness on money?

She definitely had grit like did Jackson, he was one of the very few presidents that was not one of the self anointed elites. The list of regular citizen statesmen is short. (there have only been three since 1900 Truman, Eisenhower and Reagan; the rest have be contemptible political slime whether they were decent presidents or not)
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Harriet Tubman on the $20, fantastic!

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/4/22/ho…

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion