tuscl

The problem with the 1-10 rating scale

Thursday, April 21, 2016 4:07 AM
All these recent threads asking to rate pictures of different girls reminded me of an article I read a while ago&period; It talks about the problem with the 1-10 rating scale&period; So let&apos;s say you see a dancer that is possible the hottest girl you&apos;ve ever seen&comma; so you would rate her a 10&period; But then an hour later you see another dancer that is even hotter&period; The problem with the scale is you are giving two different girls the same rating but one of them is definitely hotter than the other&period; This helps explain a good way to look at it&period; <br /> &NewLine;<br /> &NewLine;http&colon;&sol;&sol;petertips&period;blogspot&period;com&sol;2014&sol;02&sol;the-dushku-limit&period;html&quest;m&equals;1

19 comments

• JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    &NewLine;&NewLine;http&colon;&sol;&sol;petertips&period&period;2014&sol;02&sol;the-dushku;html&quest;m&equals;1 &NewLine;http&colon;&sol;&sol;petertips&period;blogspot&period;com&sol;02&sol;the-dushku-lim;html&quest;m&equals;
  • footballguy
    8 years ago
    Sorry not sure why the link posted like that. Here it is: [view link]
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Ace post footballguy! I say: girls above the Dushku limit = brilliant! girls below the Dushku limit = may you can use your 1-10 rating system! But below 5 should probably just be "non-brilliant!"
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    That's why you rarely use 9 and save the 10 for only the best. I have been clubbing for over a decade and have only rated a dancer a 10 less than 5 times.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Being an avid Morgan Dollar collector, I've adopted the coin grading scale 0-70 for women. For coins, MS60-70 are the "mint state" (uncirculated) coins and that's how I rate women. Any woman who is fat or ugly will rate lower than an MS60 so I don't count them. An MS 60 is a woman who isn't very pretty but has at least one attribute you find attractive. A 61 is a bit better. An MS 62 woman is a decent looking girl; perhaps a 'girl next door' type but would struggle in a club unless she did extras. An MS63 is a nice looking girl. Nothing special but she gets second looks. When you get to a 64, you're talking about a pretty girl. Not model beautiful but a girl who you're happy with. As the compatibility article suggests, a 64 is the type we would marry. Good looking or rich guys would get a 65. After a 65, we're talking model types, and only a club regular can consistently grade women 66 and above. Only rich men can fuck a 66 for free; the rest of us would have to pay big bucks. It's a fine line grading 66 and above. The prettiest girls I've ever seen were 69's and I've seen 2 in my life. I'm still holding out a 70 grade; never seen my "perfect" woman. The hottest girl I ever fucked was a 65. BTW, these grades ONLY apply to live women. Not pictures or movies or on TV. Women generally get a 1-2 point bonus when they are professionally made up, airbrushed, etc. in media.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    That was a very interesting read--much more intelligent than we usually post on TUSCL. "The Dushku Limit: the point at which a woman is so hot that it doesn't matter that women hotter than her exist." I must disagree, however, that the Dushku limit represents the limit of whom we can bang. I have banged hotter women. But not for free.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    The problem with the 1-10 rating scale was that there were too many of them. It got boring after awhile.
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    rating women is simple. edible or not edible.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    Great post footballguy I think that is an excellent system. It's more specific than the generic "hot or not" - and it allows for specific ratings on most women.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Why is it that when guys see a fugly girl they will say "I wouldn't fuck her with your dick" but when the reverse happens and the see a hot girl, they never say "I would fuck her with your dick"?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    shadow, my friend, that's life. :)
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Dushku isn't hot enough to make a limit. She's only about a 7 or 8 tops. But I think the whole point is that a 10 IS perfection in the female form. It doesn't matter that this 10 is slightly hotter than that 10. It's like apples and oranges. They both taste good just which are you in the mood for!
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    So we should have a 1-1,000,000,000,000 rating scale so no 2 ladies get the same score?
  • metaldude
    8 years ago
    Sorry not buying it, one man's 9.5 is another mans 6. If we all rated Dushku on the 1-10 scale the numbers would probably be allover the place. For me she's an 8 at best, not high enough to be the line at which it doesn't matter if another woman is hotter. And my search for the elusive 10 continues so no one is that line for me.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I'm probably overly stingy with my 9s and 10s. LIke, few models or actresses ever exceed a 9. I haven't seen a stripper a over a 8.5.
  • aks451
    8 years ago
    Currently I would set Charlotte McKinney at 10 and Roesann Barr at 0. Kate Upton would be at say 9-9.5, Reese Witherspoon at 6. Mayim Bialik would be a 4, but I'm being generous here. Every guy has their own range. I've seen maybe 1 or 2 10s in 15 years of clubbing. Mostly they ran in the 7-8 range, but still had some good times.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    The rating generally tells as much about the rater as the one being rated.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    The best part of the article was the fact he called "Bring it On" underrated. I love that movie. IT IS under appreciated. It's one of those movies like Jaws, or A Few Good Men, or The Shawshank Redemption that if I run across it on TV, I will always watch some of it. And she is hot in that movie
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Everyone's ideal is different. When I clubbed the other day with js69and DaOnion our tastes were different. My fave was completely different from their ideal. So my 8.5 was probably a 6 to them and vice versa.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion